Hot Toys Millenium Falcon Cockpit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No but know people who have. Much nicer than ikea.

It's only skin deep. I have a Pottery Barn bed and some accompanying furniture. Love the design, but the wood it's made from might as well be balsa. Anyway, IKEA could make this particular Falcon bed with higher quality at a much lower retail price, that I have no doubts about. To add insult to injury, IKEA's cost on production would probably be higher than Pottery Barn's.

21199255449_08cb327241_k.jpg

20763471654_ca4d5aa2a9_k.jpg

21198051890_eaae3a2762_k.jpg

21394506831_9535d8fb94_k.jpg

21386173705_659149ce13_k.jpg

21386173645_fdf3cafab3_k.jpg

20765079183_4653cbb1ca_k.jpg

21199249139_c1afcbe8dc_k.jpg

iPhone pic.
21360106746_0a895cb095_k.jpg

That rear part alone would make a great dio piece/background assuming the cockpit is unaffordable.

Gonna need more RP for this one, just dropped over $200 in RP on hulkbuster. Hopefully I can build up enough by the time this released

I still say you guy's are crazy if the delorean is 689 and has much more parts compared to this SHELL with Light's. I say 5 to 6 and still feel it would be overpriced. Everytime think of big movie line. You know this only cost so much to make and price at so much more profit. We shall see i bet by next film Ep7 is out it go's up for preorder i bet as same week movie release is my prediction

Look at the price of the new 1/12 BAT - and that thing is mostly black plastic.

The DeLorean:

1. Is Tiny (much smaller than this cockpit)
2. Likely has fewer parts/moulds (if they keep the cockpit looking like it did in prototype)
3. Has fewer lights and much less wiring because of it
4. Has much less paint detail
5. Was announced over a year ago - prices have gone up
6. Re-use potential - Has most of its parts in common with the new DeLorean shown this year
7. Will probably sell more units because of #1 and #6

Hot Toys are probably still trying to figure out how to turn this into a production product to see if it's feasible to market it. If they had a handle on all the details already, it would have been announced and priced. It will be cool to see this thing released, but don't be surprised if it doesn't happen for a few years - or if it doesn't happen at all.

I still say you guy's are crazy if the delorean is 689 and has much more parts compared to this SHELL with Light's. I say 5 to 6 and still feel it would be overpriced. Everytime think of big movie line. You know this only cost so much to make and price at so much more profit. We shall see i bet by next film Ep7 is out it go's up for preorder i bet as same week movie release is my prediction

Agree, but also, if you think HTs isn't out there gauging "what the market will bear" ahead of the formal release, you're nuts. Too many folks stating on public forums that they'd pay a grand for this will help make the price a grand (assuming that figure is indeed above the HT required minimum for overhead and margin).

With that in mind I'd say I'd easily pay $75 or so for this piece. Who's with me!?

Yep lot of big fishes will throw away money and hot toys does look at site's for feedback n info i 'd bet. I stick by my prediction and if priced correctly it will leads to more epic ships n cars hint , Hint....... Landspeeder.

I probably wouldn't buy this even if it were $499. Just no space for something like this. Hope it gets made though as the proto is beautiful.

Agree, but also, if you think HTs isn't out there gauging "what the market will bear" ahead of the formal release, you're nuts.

With that in mind I'd say I'd easily pay $75 or so for this piece. Who's with me!?

Ugh fine... 75 I'm in but that's it! And free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back