Hot Toys "MIA" figures (Protos shown but no PO's)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like Getter Dragon's visual checklist, I compiled a visual checklist for those so-called MIA, though some were just teased a few months ago.

mia forum.jpg

Like Getter Dragon's visual checklist, I compiled a visual checklist for those so-called MIA, though some were just teased a few months ago.

View attachment 425989

Gonk Droid and Snowtrooper Commander are missing too. I would have bought both of those.

Poe is also missing. I might have bought him last year, but after seeing TLJ I no longer have any interest in it.

HT just posted their SW display at the Singapore toy show for SWs on their FB. No Solo display......

That Bespin Leia had better go up for order soon. I will be seriously annoyed if that ends up going the way of DST and Baze.

Makes me even more angry when i see tat like Spiderman with a guitar get released.

They didn't Show any Poe prototype, they just teased it. I only included the ones that they at least showed a prototype. For gong and Snowtrooper commander, I need a Picture of them. I have to find them.

And yes, do they really think a punk Spider-Man figüre will sell more than any SW trooper?

Last Jedi leia still hasn’t shipped and we have two Leia figs now in limbo. They won’t preorder anything else until old leia ships to avoid mass cancellations. One of the ot leias doesn’t get made, for sure.
This rotten sequel trilogy really screwed up my collection, lol.

At some point, they did have a ROTJ Vader (displayed along a ROTJ Stormtrooper) and also a TLJ Phasma.

I found Gonk Droid, but to avoid cluster, I won't reload the checklist until I find Snowtrooper commander.

As much as I want most of those figures, my wallet is thanking me for not taking a battering on pre-orders. I've only got Maul and Dooku still to pay off at the moment. Really, really want Cody and the Airborne trooper to go with Obi-Wan on release though...

I still have the ss Cody and a few other clones. I’m sticking with those. They look ok in the back of a detolf. I’m just afraid it’s going to turn into a prequel line for a while with mace, Sidious, padme, and 75 clone repaints on the horizon.

I’d be fine if they didn’t announce anything new for a while and just do the already announced figs listed here (ot only). Dst, the Endor twins, bespin leia, and down the list.

I still have the ss Cody and a few other clones. I’m sticking with those. They look ok in the back of a detolf. I’m just afraid it’s going to turn into a prequel line for a while with mace, Sidious, padme, and 75 clone repaints on the horizon.

I’d be fine if they didn’t announce anything new for a while and just do the already announced figs listed here (ot only). Dst, the Endor twins, bespin leia, and down the list.

Same.

Rather than show off more stuff that might not get produced just give us at least a few often requested , already teased, figures.

Say we got Baze, Tank Trooper, DST, Gonk, Sandtrooper, Poe, Leia Bespin and Cody between now and next spring I don't think there would be too many complaints.

They could tease Bespin Han, Lando, Lobot and Padme ready for May 4th too.

Last Jedi leia still hasn’t shipped and we have two Leia figs now in limbo. They won’t preorder anything else until old leia ships to avoid mass cancellations. One of the ot leias doesn’t get made, for sure.
This rotten sequel trilogy really screwed up my collection, lol.

Surely if they released Bespin Leia that wouldn't effect those who ordered Old Leia.

I have absolutely 0 interest in adding TLJ version to my collection, but would day 1 pre order Bespin. Hot Toys surely cannot be seeing OT in the same light as the ST.

We haven't had a pre order since the start of the year for a classic trilogy figure. I find that very frustrating.

They keep showing off a lot of the stuff they had at SDCC so I’m guessing a lot of it is coming. It’s probably just a matter of when.

They didn't Show any Poe prototype, they just teased it. I only included the ones that they at least showed a prototype. For gong and Snowtrooper commander, I need a Picture of them. I have to find them.

And yes, do they really think a punk Spider-Man figüre will sell more than any SW trooper?

The full Poe prototype was shown at Tokyo Comic Con, along with TLJ Phasma.

HT_Poe_TCC.jpg

HT_Phasma.jpg_TCC.jpg

That Bespin Leia had better go up for order soon. I will be seriously annoyed if that ends up going the way of DST and Baze.

Makes me even more angry when i see tat like Spiderman with a guitar get released.

To see Star Wars figures being beaten by a Spoderman from a video game. How far has SW fallen. I don't think we will see the Solo fogure.

Wow, I had forgot all about that Jedi Stormtrooper!

My takeaway is that Hot Toys have shifted more towards the prequels figures for the time being, but otherwise they are just making whatever figure from whatever OT movie they feel like with no rhyme or reason. Star Wars is so deep with characters that I *assume* a lot of this OT stuff will get made at some point but maybe not for years. Also, I forget what thread it was in, but Jack Bauer did mention to not give up hope on more Rogue One figures.

Over in the Ask QMX thread, the head guy responded and it sounds like they look for feedback/reaction to most of the prototype stuff they show with not much really set in stone for production at that point. I assume it is similar with Hot Toys. What I want to know, though, is exactly how and from who these companies are getting feedback from? I keep telling myself that surely these companies have advanced analytics to look at for what figures to make and how many, but yet pretty much every figure manufacturer still routinely puts out figures that sit around not selling for months/years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's +5000$ worth of collectibles listed there. I'd still find a way to budget most of it though :monkey3

Back