Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well.. just got mine. he looks alot more blue in person than the pictures lead you to believe.

2012-12-18_15-19-39_268.jpg

So whata gunna do about that captain america mix-up return it or what, did you have plans to pick that figure up or no? sucks they messed it up, you wait all that time waiting for something and bam:gah: sorry buddy:(

Ok so I just opened mine, the thing looks fantastic, so well done!!! the outfit looks great, the headsculpt is killer, the accessoires are all well made all be it alittle lite. Overall very happy witht the purcese and as someone stated about the head, hot toys are back to what they do best, amazing head sculpts with amazing paint.

Ok now on to the nitpicking, yeah this thing is a statue, nearly no posing can be done aside the bare minimum. I knew that going in and have him in a musium pose, The outfit barely moves the hands and boots do nothing but rotate. Aside from that its a beautiful figure that will look awesome on your shelf. If you want more posablity look elsewhere, you want the best looking snake there is this is it:)

WOW CONGRATULATIONS! Cant wait to get mine... Are the leather parts on his suit made of real leather or synthetic ones??

So whata gunna do about that captain america mix-up return it or what, did you have plans to pick that figure up or no? sucks they messed it up, you wait all that time waiting for something and bam:gah: sorry buddy:(

had them both on flexpay. cap was scheduled for Jan, big boss was now. so they've been flipped.

WOW CONGRATULATIONS! Cant wait to get mine... Are the leather parts on his suit made of real leather or synthetic ones??

Thanks:hi5:I honestly don't know about the leather sorry, but if I had to guess I think vinyl:dunno Etherway the figure sick looking, just not something you can pose much. If your a fan this is the coolest figure out there and lets face it, only fans are gunna buy this.

This is an unfortunite truth, I would be fine with that but not until we get a soild snake, sure some others would be great but without soild snake this line is a fail:(

Well this would be the one time where Hot Toys actually used the date from one of their polls and they would do stupid Raiden who won it over Solid Snake... what do you expect from newbs.

Well this would be the one time where Hot Toys actually used the date from one of their polls and they would do stupid Raiden who won it over Solid Snake... what do you expect from newbs.

I did'nt see that poll but yeah this series got away from where it started from super cool spy story to cyborg samuri:slap

Exactly which is a fail should have started from MGS1

:exactly: not that I'm not happy to have naked snake but yeah soild will always be my favorate.

Which is the exact reason this license will die after the Boss is released...

Congratz on getting the figure Plissken. Did you manage to get pics of your collectibles?

And yeah, I'm starting to get a feeling that we might not have much to look forward to after the Boss, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they release an MGS1/2 Snake with a "re-imagined" headsculpt. Oh the horror.

Yeah but how does the room look like? :wink1:

A mess :lol

I have a four day weekend coming up and I've been putting it off for way too long to clean it up along with the cabinet of my collection. I can take a full shot of everything I own then.

I would take pictures of my 3A Rex... oh wait a minute that is never coming out :duff

: Lol: Lol: Lol: Lol

Plissken, I follow the Metal Gear series long. But I always identified more with MGS3 and Naked Snake.
However, I think the series is great and I love Solid Snake.

MGS was my first love and I think it's the best game evr made and certianly the best of the series with Snake Eater a close second. I love Big Boss and think he's bad ass but never really saw any different characterization between him and Solid Snake. I just sort of see them as the same character really. It's just Snake to me. I think the coolest Look for Snake is the eyepatch Big Boss snake though, fatigues and/or sneaking suit. and I much prefer the MGS1 look of Solid than MGS2.

I didn't enjoy MGS2 for the amount of time not playing as Snake. Raiden was god awful, he got a little cooler in 4 but he will always be lame to me.

But I just hated playing MGS4 for how frigging stupid Snake looked. hate his "Old Snake" look more than anything. Even Old Big Boss/Solidus or whatever that look is is much cooler looking. Old Snake looked like a dirty old sickly pervert to me with that mullet and mustache.

I also hated that fricking game. Play as Snake, move him three inches on the screen and then watch a 45 min boring cutscene. The new MGS had damn well better be back to actually PLAYING a game.

It's why I enjoyed Snake eater, the story was good and the characters cool and the added element of a slight open environment was compelling to me. But nothing will ever ellipse the pure ingenuity of the first game. Thinks that added unique gameplay that broke the linear mold like Occelot's torture table or switching controllers to the non memory pack controller so Mantis could not "read your memory" Genius. Nothing will ever top that out of the box thinking. It also had genuinely them ost original and coolest looking characters.

Back