Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very glad to see that the hammer of his 1911 can be cocked back, a complaint I have about some 1911s (especially the really nice Art Figures ones) is the hammer doesn't go back, and anyone who knows about the single action 1911 knows the gun is useless hammer down. No operative the caliber of Snake would be carrying his pistol hammer down!

BTW Ralph, the survival knife on the boot, the blade should go down completely into the sheath with that brown loop wrapping around the handle not the blade itself by the hilt. That will help you out with te odd appearance.

It actually can't, the loop does not open. In the instruction manual it shows you you can only insert it the way I have it as well :(

Awesome video! can't wait to get this one. That's pretty stupid about the knife though, It obviously shouldn't be like that.

It actually can't, the loop does not open. In the instruction manual it shows you you can only insert it the way I have it as well :(

This is strange, Ralph.
I had the same impression as the Jack.
In the OMG's photos knife don't go down completely too, but in this picture she is fully seated, what makes me think it has any right way to do it.
Maybe you should fit the blade in the sheath and then lift the piece of leather to fit the handle of the knife.

NakedSnakeHD4_zpsf9ad8bec.jpg

Is there any stretch in the sheath material? Maybe you can pop the loop over the pommel of the knife.

Great review, Ralph! It looks like a fantastic figure - I cannot wait. Mine ships on December 5th from Sideshow. But, it does suck that the sheath on scabbo knife, is just attached with a few flimsy pieces of surgical tape :(. I wonder if it's possible to peel it off and wrap around a few pieces of cloth instead.

Not having the figure in hand, this is only speculation based on collecting military figures for a long time and being familiar with this type of knife setup.

Try removing the boot so that you have play at the top where you can bend the top of the sheath with the loop backwards. Put the knife in and then bring the loop over the top of the handle. Looking at the pics it "should" work, but again, not having it in hand I can't be sure.

Hope this helps!

To summarize (while it's uploading):

PROS:
- Headsculpt is awesome in hand
- The suit looks great and feels pretty stirdy/solid
- Lots of accessories
- Great shelf presence

CONS:
- Hands are a pain to switch out and don't ever seem to want to fully stay on
- No relaxed hands, plus the 3 switch out left hands you get are all the CQC pose in a slightly different variant
- Not as poseable as most of us would like; can't get a proper CQC pose
- Figure is a little smaller than most of my other Hot Toys
- Where the hell is his cigar?! :p

Overall the cons do not outweight the pros, for sure. It's a great figure, and the gripes I have are pretty minor compared to how awesome it looks. I definitely recommend it!

Vid soon!

Any comments on the leather? do you think it would last or might be prone to chipping?

Great review man, im glad someone finally got one up! Im actually this close to buying this figure. Its just im not a big enough of a fan of BigBoss or the suit, but this looks fantastic.

I can't wait for more HT MetalGear!!

Thanks everyone! It's definitely an awesome figure :)

exactly you have the perfect example sitting right next to it. your medicom figure has the same rig.

The Medicom rig is actually completely different. The sheath is all plastic, and the loop is actually attached to the knife itself. It literally just slides into the sheath, making it appear as though the loop is part of the rig, but it's not.

The loop on my HT had some give to it, but not enough to stretch over the handle. I'll try futzing with it again in the morning. But believe me, it looked odd to me, and I tried figuring out a way to do it... It just didn't work :p

Any comments on the leather? do you think it would last or might be prone to chipping?

I think it's faux leather, and I definitely think that it'll last long without anny chipping :)

Ralph, how does Snake compare to say, Christopher Reeve? I always imagines them having the same height and muscle mass.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! It's definitely an awesome figure :)

The Medicom rig is actually completely different. The sheath is all plastic, and the loop is actually attached to the knife itself. It literally just slides into the sheath, making it appear as though the loop is part of the rig, but it's not.

The loop on my HT had some give to it, but not enough to stretch over the handle. I'll try futzing with it again in the morning. But believe me, it looked odd to me, and I tried figuring out a way to do it... It just didn't work :p

I think it's faux leather, and I definitely think that it'll last long without anny chipping :)

Well, yours needs super glue then cause the loop is supposed to be attatched to the sheath. It unbuttons in the middle. My bdu metal boss you slide the knife in then pull the loop over since theres no snap like medicom has. So sorry man but youre wrong.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I wonder if HT is going to pull the same thing with this as they did the T-800 DX/T-800 DX battle damaged version and as soon as people start receiving this Snake announce another rendition in fatigues or other costume...

Back