Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has only like 3 people bought this? I really expected a bunch of none OMG picturals and video reviews in the thread by now. I thought the anticipation for anything HT MGS would warrant hardcore fans to import from HK when it first came out

It seems like those interested in this product GENERALLY fall in three categories

- Ignorance. So you have people who aren't very familiar with the license buying this based off looks. Nothing wrong with that.

- Upset fans who are apparently not upset because they complain and yet turn around and spend nearly $250 on something they apparently do not like.

- People like me who are huge fans and won't buy this specifically because they are huge fans.

Plus it hasn't come out in America yet which is probably where most buyers for this thing are.

I'ma huge fan of the character and the series and bought this version.
I've always loved this uniform in game and I think one of the most useful. I figure sensational and I believe it will sell well.
The problem is that it was released just a week ago.

You forgot...

- Fans who would orefer a fatigues version but are happy to get a Naked Snake and think it looks great

That honestly just strikes me as a variant of the upset fan who is not upset enough to avoid purchase. My point is that this design is, for the most part, not on the top of anyone's choices for Naked Snake and that's the problem. Hot Toys made a stupid choice and it will probably bite them, but they won't learn anything from it because they never do.

I really don't ee the 3DS CG render in this sculpt. It looks completely original and leaning more towards the in-game look to me (his face is wide and bandanna low like the game)

The only thing off to me is the realistic aspect but thats HotTous style. If they stayed really true to the artwork it would look more anime, which i would be happy with.

Happy with the headsculpt, but always prefer Snake to be in the jungle camo than the sneaking suit.

DSC_2748.jpg

DSC_2794.jpg

Back