Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a fool but this sneaking suit of snake does not warrant an immediate trigger for preorder.
Besides I have both versions of the Inflames Metal Boss, they don't look too bad by custom standards and will definitely be getting the Boss to accompany them.

As for Snake himself, I am hopping he will drop below retail after launch and try to get him then. If prices shoot up for him then, I will just curse my fate!!

I am a fool but this sneaking suit of snake does not warrant an immediate trigger for preorder.
Besides I have both versions of the Inflames Metal Boss, they don't look too bad by custom standards and will definitely be getting the Boss to accompany them.

As for Snake himself, I am hopping he will drop below retail after launch and try to get him then. If prices shoot up for him then, I will just curse my fate!!

I'd say that you're taking a risk with Snake if you don't order by release date (at least). The VGM figures tend to be more limited than the standard Hot Toys release. The Boss, on the other hand, should be around for a while though.

I wouldn't be surprised if even well into November people are still _____ing about the suit or how they want Solid. My goodness.

29948412_01f53bf4e3_o.jpg

This is the camo I want,with Zombie mask, followed by:
Tree Bark
Moss
Spirit

Make it happen Hot Toys.

I wouldn't be surprised if even well into November people are still _____ing about the suit or how they want Solid. My goodness.

The reality is that even if Snake were released in a standard camo version, people would still find reasons to complain. It's like that with every Hot Toys release.

29948412_01f53bf4e3_o.jpg

This is the camo I want,with Zombie mask, followed by:
Tree Bark
Moss
Spirit

Make it happen Hot Toys.

It would be cool if Hot Toys had a customized "dress own your own Snake" option at the time or pre-order. Where customers could choose versions of the camo that they would want for their figure.

can't everyone just accept that this sneaking suit version is good?

Besides, if they made any other type of suit version (which will be made in the future btw), it is definitely easy to buy a parted out suit from SS, VeryHot, DID or playhouse. Those camos are an abundance everywhere in 1/6th military market. I wouldn't see any other figure company making a sneaking suit this unique again in the coming months. Just pull the trigger now if ur an mgs fan and u won't regret it. It is a very unique figure.

I just hope the materials from this fire suit won't flake like how it did on the ghost rider figure. And i also hope that they include some camo face paint (like splitter) on snake. If not, then i'll just have to customize them :)

Yeah, the longer I've had to process this, the more I'm digging the choice of suit. It's not one of his more iconic suits, but it is awesome in its own way, and certainly distinctive. I'm still just psyched to finally be getting a Hot Toys Snake of any kind, and I'll very likely buy whatever variant they wanna put out there.

I am starting to see more and more reason why the Sneaking Suit was a smart move.

1) The Metal Boss armor version had recently come out and it is in pretty high demand. This basically kills anything that lineup hoped to continue to achieve and rather directly since they are covering similar outfits.

2) This is specifically based off of the 3DS verison, of which emphasized Snake's Sneaking Suit in the official art. He is being released together with The Boss, of whom is shown with her suit zipped down in this art too. It then goes without saying that they should be released together as shown and that this should be considered their official looks during that bout.

3) It's a good display of what Hot Toys can do. They tend to like these kinds of outfits. Medicom had already covered a lot of Snake's various camos so by starting with this Sneaking Suit it immediately has Hot Toys hitting hard.

4) It's pretty difficult to do the camo appropriately. People are going to want all sorts of different face paints and outfits. It's hard to really say what would be the right approach to take. It's not as easy as just "let's include three or four different face painted faces as well as three or four entirely unique outfits." That is an expensive procedure and they also are not sure if it will pay off in the end.

I really want to stress the license though. Likely when they picked up the license it was EXACTLY for those looks on the character. I imagine Kojima wants to emphasize the Sneaking Suit and newly designed Naked Snake as the more canon end game MGS3. I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Toys didn't even have much choice for their first Snake release.

^ plus its original, can't think of another company that has released this MGS3 suit

...From the Marvel section...​
Exactly. I just love how ungrateful they (Metal Gear fans) are now. Its the not right version. Nobody wanted that man chick with scars, etc, etc :lol I was hoping it would shut them up for a while but I think its going to have the opposite effect. :slap

So is Buttmunches words about us right?

I take objection to the term ungrateful when Avengers fans can't wait just over a week for Thor & Demand Hulk and more all at once after just getting Nick Fury, Hawkeye and Captain America up for order :slap

After 16 months of waiting some wanted the version they'd been hoping and waiting 16 months for from MGS, that is understandable IMO

Last edited:
I'm more disappointed than ungrateful. Not with this figure. This is Snake.

^ plus its original, can't think of another company that has released this MGS3 suit

So is Buttmunches words about us right?

I take objection to the term ungrateful when Avengers fans are can't wait just over a week for Thor & Demand Hulk and more all at once after just getting Nick Fury, Hawkeye and Captain America up for order :slap

After 16 months of waiting some wanted the version they'd been hoping and waiting 16 months for from MGS, that is understandable IMO

It's just hilarious how the MGS fans have become the scape-goats for everyone's issues on the forum. They complain about it in the Marvel section, and then invite themselves over to the MGS threads to troll and make idiotic comments. It's obvious that we aren't the ones with the problems. Muncher of butts can go munch butts :moon.

It's just hilarious how the MGS fans have become the scape-goats for everyone's issues on the forum. They complain about it in the Marvel section, and then invite themselves over to the MGS threads to troll and make idiotic comments. It's obvious that we aren't the ones with the problems. Muncher of butts can go munch butts :moon.

To be fair, he didn't post that here, but i saw it and thought this a better place to discuss it.

I'm getting sick of people who have no idea who the Boss is insulting the character and figure, just because she's not hot or because she's not another superhero or 'it' character of the moment :mad:

Last edited:
hmm. not sure on this one. think i like the Inflames head sculpt better. the facial hair texture looks odd on this, and i definitely like the cloth Inflames bandanna better. and is there no ankle articulation AGAIN??! why HT? ya really need ankle artic for decent action poses. some of the weird leg poses in the pics on page 1 prove that. HT takes such care, and does so fantastically in every area BUT ankle artic...i just don't understand it. it's like having a Ferrari with no steering wheel or something

The headsculpt is truly amazing, well done hot toys for coming out with that! Ive already got myself the inflames metal boss which i am very happy with, so maybe i will try and buy the HS, as i have already started to customize big boss and he looks pretty awesome.
I have nothing negative to say about these new figures, infact they are awesome and a good start to what im sure will be a very popular line!
I really hope they go on to make a revolver/liquid ocelot. It would be a great idea as there would not be too much difference in the HS (there is only approx 7 years between MGS1 + 4) just a slight variation in clothing.

To be fair, he didn't post that here, but i saw it and thought this a better place to discuss it.

I'm getting sick of people who have no idea who the Boss is insulting the character and figure, just because she's not hot or because she's not another superhero or 'it' character of the moment :mad:

You know what, I don't even care anymore. Let them whine about the MGS fans if it makes their day better :lol.

Back