Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't mean they lost the license though. Maybe they did, but they were releasing Metal Gear products off and on since 2001 or 2002, so it wouldn't surprise me if they still had that license.

But, we didn't even see any MGS merchandise from Medicom for the last two years. No 7 inch figures from Peace Walker, not even a single Kubrick. If they still had the license, there should have been at least something released from them.

Not that I'm bothered, of course, if by chance, they do manage to re-re-release their Snakes :lol. It's sure going to suck for the after-market value of those figures though :monkey2. I hate that company.

You could be right, I just haven't heard any official news that the license was gone. The fact that 1/6th scale figures are being made by another company now suggests that you might be right (although it's not unheard of for multiple companies to have 1/6 licenses simultaneously). I don't think Medicom has done anything apart from the re-releases since we got the "through the ages" Kubrick set with Liquid, Plisskin, etc.

The one thing that I regret the most, is not picking up the Kubricks when I had the chance. Those were fantastic pieces. The prices are much too expensive on Ebay right now though.

I feel your pain man. I have all the MGS2 kubricks and the rarest of the rare olive drab snake. They are awesome.

Wish Medicom would do some more. Young Ocelot, masked Mgs2 Raiden and mgs2 vamp.

MGS3 may be my all-time favorite game, these figs have no impact whatsoever on me.

I really was expecting to be WOWed but I just can't say I am right now. They're not complete garbage, far from that, but I do not recognize the characters I love so much.
Snake looks good but not much better than the knockoff version. He lacks presence I think, definitely not HT's best work to date.

As for Boss, I just don't see her in this sculpt.

I'm not trying to bash these figures, I'm merely voicing my disappointment.

I'd much rather spend my money on 3A's Rex

MGS3 may be my all-time favorite game, these figs have no impact whatsoever on me.

I really was expecting to be WOWed but I just can't say I am right now. They're not complete garbage, far from that, but I do not recognize the characters I love so much.
Snake looks good but not much better than the knockoff version. He lacks presence I think, definitely not HT's best work to date.

Couldn't agree more, they're both good figures but I'm seriously underwhelmed. I'm more impressed with the play arts Kai figures & they won't dent my wallet as much.

I feel your pain man. I have all the MGS2 kubricks and the rarest of the rare olive drab snake. They are awesome.

Wish Medicom would do some more. Young Ocelot, masked Mgs2 Raiden and mgs2 vamp.

Yeah, more Kubricks would have been awesome. Would have been cool if there were some Kubs from Peace Walker as well. It's insane, the prices that they go for on Ebay right now :monkey1.

I can't help but be optimistic for these figures, since we've waited so very long for Hot Toys MGS to be released. I think Snake looks fantastic especially in the head-sculpt - much better than that knock-off version, in my opinion. But, judging from your comment, as well as from many other comments that I've seen on Facebook, it's seems as if the knock-off figures have taken away a lot of the steam from the Hot Toys releases (as pathetic as I think those bootlegs are).

As for ThreeA or Hot Toys MGS - heck, I'm getting everything! :lecture

I'm gonna try my hardest to wait for classic snake. That's the only representation I NEED and definitely has the most nostalgia for me as well.

I'm gonna try my hardest to wait for classic snake. That's the only representation I NEED and definitely has the most nostalgia for me as well.

Leaning towards the same myself. If it was a camo version, I'd probably bite. When I look at this particular suit, it gives me zero nostalgia from the game because I never used it. Camo squares for me.

Snake from MGS 1 is a must buy. They have to make it.

:goodpost: :exactly: Wow. Yup, you've pretty much summed up everything that I wanted to say. I find the low level of maturity of some forum members quite astonishing. They obviously have no interest in the figures (or the franchise for that matter), but they just come in with sarcastic comments to annoy everyone.

But, I think everyone should just be thankful that these figures were even released. It was just several days ago that we were pondering if Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid would even see the light of day. Heck, even I was about to abandon all hope for this franchise.

:exactly: :goodpost: :clap

I'm damn happy with these figures and can't wait for them :yess:

As for ThreeA or Hot Toys MGS - heck, I'm getting everything! :lecture

:yess: me too.

295241_347513461977317_138228759572456_1047785_1604747153_n.jpg

So pretty. :monkey2

I do really love the headsculpt. I'm going to buy one loose in case the 2nd version, if we get one, comes with one without an eye patch / bandana.

By the way, if the time and interest is there, could someone possibly Photoshop the new head on the unlicensed figure's body with the olive drab or tiger stripe fatigues? I'm curious how that would look.

Back