Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the Metal Boss bodysuit with mine as I liked the very tight fit. Just have to add the eyelets and writing decals to the forearms. It halso has a turtle neck collar which is accurate.

Finished mgs 3 tonight, not as good as i remember it! I remember when i finished it the first time thinking it was the best. But anything looks good after mgs2. Playing the game did not make me want this figure which is what i bought the game for. But its made me want a Solid MGS1 Snake even though i prefer Big Boss to solid.

i also played Metal gear for the MSX. Im not getting into that.

I would like to see an updated version on the 360 or playstation of a soild snake thats not an oldman, not into the whole techno samuri direction this franchise is going. I prefer the good old fashion sneaking around like a steath soldier inflatrating enemy bases using silenced weapons and using injanewity to solve problems.

I just don't know why people think like that... which is probably the reason most collectible companies have buried Solid Snake.
Because Solid seems like a yes man & a tool for the higher ups. And come mgs4 its pretty much set in stone all he ever was in the grand scheme of things was a soldier. Yet when you started playing as Naked Snake you know he is going to end up being the big boss and a much more impactful player in the greater scheme of things.

Solid comes across like a total naive puppet of a character right to the end. Big boss does not. With Big Boss you feel like you have freedom of Will. With Solid you feel like he is getting screwed at every corner and has no intention of changing that as he is happy being a grunt.

Because Solid seems like a yes man & a tool for the higher ups. And come mgs4 its pretty much set in stone all he ever was in the grand scheme of things was a soldier. Yet when you started playing as Naked Snake you know he is going to end up being the big boss and a much more impactful player in the greater scheme of things.

Solid comes across like a total naive puppet of a character right to the end. Big boss does not. With Big Boss you feel like you have freedom of Will. With Solid you feel like he is getting screwed at every corner and has no intention of changing that as he is happy being a grunt.

I agree with that, but the only thing that made Big Boss great was the fact he's just a clone of Snake to a degree and his story is based 40 years ago and most of his story is based on real world events.

Snake always had free will and most of his actions between MGS1-MGS2 were not due to him being a puppet and were not under control of the Patriots.

Don't forget, Snake is still the hero in the end and the last man standing.

You say he is a puppet, how was Big Boss not a puppet from MGS3-MGSPW?

I agree with that, but the only thing that made Big Boss great was the fact he's just a clone of Snake to a degree and his story is based 40 years ago and most of his story is based on real world events.
Yeah, his stories were set in the past. But there comes a time when the game franchise dedicates a game or more to being in the past to make it as relevant as games that take place " current time ". Snatcher came out soooo many years ago and thats becoming a reality and thats set in Blade Runner times! I actually see it was a franchise, which has 2 time lines. Snakes and Big Bosses. Just because Snakes is close to the timeline we share i dont think it should dismiss Big Boss's as " it doesnt matter its the past ".
You say he is a puppet, how was Big Boss not a puppet from MGS3-MGSPW?
But see, Thats what i like about it. I love the naivieity. He can get away with it because of who the character is. Now, if we ever get remakes of the original games when Solid Fights Big Boss and he is still none the wiser id maybe start to lose my warmth for the character. But i really think Big Boss has been set up as the hero of the entire franchise. Eventhough its made Snake look like a puppet at times.

Yeah, his stories were set in the past. But there comes a time when the game franchise dedicates a game or more to being in the past to make it as relevant as games that take place " current time ". Snatcher came out soooo many years ago and thats becoming a reality and thats set in Blade Runner times! I actually see it was a franchise, which has 2 time lines. Snakes and Big Bosses. Just because Snakes is close to the timeline we share i dont think it should dismiss Big Boss's as " it doesnt matter its the past ".

But see, Thats what i like about it. I love the naivieity. He can get away with it because of who the character is. Now, if we ever get remakes of the original games when Solid Fights Big Boss and he is still none the wiser id maybe start to lose my warmth for the character. But i really think Big Boss has been set up as the hero of the entire franchise. Eventhough its made Snake look like a puppet at times.

Big Boss is to MGS is what the action genre did to Resident Evil. Ever since Snake Eater, there has not been one truly faithful MGS since. All the story lines have been across the board awful.

Calm down, theres no need to go overboard!

Well it's not that level of bad, but if you have played MPO, MGSPW and MGS4 the story has just been bad.

Snake Eater is a masterpiece, but did not step the story up above MGS2 IMO and if you remove the Boss from MGS3, it isn't anything special anymore.

Well it's not that level of bad, but if you have played MPO, MGSPW and MGS4 the story has just been bad.

Snake Eater is a masterpiece, but did not step the story up above MGS2 IMO and if you remove the Boss from MGS3, it isn't anything special anymore.

i agree kojima screwed himself after the 1st Mgs games would have been different if liquid survived.

i agree kojima screwed himself after the 1st Mgs games would have been different if liquid survived.

As hack as it was to bring him back as a arm, MGS4 was completely ruined that he didn't exist anymore. Cam Clarke had the greatest voice in the entire series.

When he yells out "BROTHAS!!" to Snake and Solidus I still get chills :monkey3

As hack as it was to bring him back as a arm, MGS4 was completely ruined that he didn't exist anymore. Cam Clarke had the greatest voice in the entire series.

When he yells out "BROTHAS!!" to Snake and Solidus I still get chills :monkey3

Cam Clarke is awesome Mgs 1 had the best voice acting ever in a game
Not Yet Snake, It's Not Over Yet.

Cam Clarke is awesome Mgs 1 had the best voice acting ever in a game
Not Yet Snake, It's Not Over Yet.

Every scene in MGS1 and the times he popped up in MGS2 I was transfixed on his accent as well as his acting. I honestly think I would cherish a 1/6 HT of him more than either Snake and Big Boss.

Every scene in MGS1 and the times he popped up in MGS2 I was transfixed on his accent as well as his acting. I honestly think I would cherish a 1/6 HT of him more than either Snake and Big Boss.

a few months ago i was getting a get a liquid snake head sculpt commissioned in the end it didn't look like him. I want a figure of him badly.

a few months ago i was getting a get a liquid snake head sculpt commissioned in the end it didn't look like him. I want a figure of him badly.

I had hope of PAK doing Liquid but they moved on after Meryl. It makes no sense to me that they can do 5 MGSPW figures and only 4 MGS1 figures... :dunno

Back