Hot Toys Mark VI Die Cast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's clear that the suit isn't "realistic", but despite the fantasy of it all it does attempt to a faux realism trying to be "grounded" in reality as much as possible. The tensions they are working with is trying to sell you that it IS a man in a suit AND when worn it presents sleek and organically in a way that hearkens back to the look of the original comic. Remember the gold arms and legs of the original red and gold armor looked almost painted on or spandex at best. Some say it was supposed to be some sort of micro chain mail but they left it pretty ambiguous through the years in the comics. So in the comics Iron Man was supposed to be a man in an iron suit, but looked more like a man made out of iron. Trying to do both in a "realsitic" way like they do in the movies takes some work and can not be done without some imagination on both the part of the costume designer and the audience.

I think then it's natural for us to have preferences that lean to one tension or the other. I like the MKIII, IV, and VI because it's a bit easier for me to imagine a man in a suit in those armors than the later armors like the thinner 42,43, or even more organic looks of the 45 or 46. Of course no one would be able to fit inside the Mark III in real life, the proportions alone wouldn't be suitable for a real person even without making space for joints and servos and working parts; but the bulkier nature of the suit does make it a bit easier to imagine (at least for me). At the same time, I can also appreciate the more organic looking Armor's too which present themselves more as a man made of iron, almost like an android. Regardless, it's an interesting study on how the "suspension of disbelief" works together in tension with efforts to "ground" things in "believability" when doing these kinds of movies.

Couldn't agree more, Jaymas. :wink1:

I'm teetering on the edge to get this. I've been holding out for the VII but this looks superb.

I preordered. I have the old MK VI but this one will be a much welcome improvement.

Any pictures on the size comparison? The last time I bought a mark III and mark III (stealth version; blue), both of them were underwhelming.

Any pictures on the size comparison? The last time I bought a mark III and mark III (stealth version; blue), both of them were underwhelming.

Doubt we will have a size comparison until it starts shipping unless HT releases some new pictures

Doubt we will have a size comparison until it starts shipping unless HT releases some new pictures

well they did do the side-by-side of the war machine mark 1.. but i would think if they planned on doing something like that they would've already released those photos. so, you're probably right.

Alright, this is absolutely killing me. Ever since the images for this figure have popped up, I've been trying to figure something IMPORTANT out about this figure's functionality. Finding a single picture (shown) and not as convinced they are included, was the only possible evidence that this figure will incorporate a very good piece of engineering tech. WTH am I talking about? I'm talking about the extendable "shoulder barrels" that they've been using on the Mk. 25, 26, 39, 40, 42, 43, 45 or are we getting stuck with the fake ones like the Diecast Mk. 3 & Mk. 41?????? Guess just have to wait.

image.jpeg

Alright, this is absolutely killing me. Ever since the images for this figure have popped up, I've been trying to figure something IMPORTANT out about this figure's functionality. Finding a single picture (shown) and not as convinced they are included, was the only possible evidence that this figure will incorporate a very good piece of engineering tech. WTH am I talking about? I'm talking about the extendable "shoulder barrels" that they've been using on the Mk. 25, 26, 39, 40, 42, 43, 45 or are we getting stuck with the fake ones like the Diecast Mk. 3 & Mk. 41?????? Guess just have to wait.

View attachment 284923
Think about it this way...

Why would they regress? They'll incorporate the things they learned into this figure. They are saving the MkVII because it's a very popular suit and they want to make sure they've ironed out all issues, not to mention, incorporate advancements into it.

No point in speculating and wasting energy. Like you said, let's wait until the figure is out.
If this one is a hit, then I cannot wait until they release MkVII in die-cast.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm excited about this one too, going from the MK3 to the MK 43 they made huge improvements - so i agree that they wouldn't regress
I would also like to point it that it seems like they removed the ball joint near the shoulder that so many people complained about on the 42 and 43... but i guess we'll see - pre-ordered and can't wait!!!!

It'll have a ball joint, it'll just be better covered. Would presume that it will also have the extendable shoulders.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It's amazing how much better these figures are than they used to be. I'm so glad they've kept trying to make them better.

It's amazing how much better these figures are than they used to be. I'm so glad they've kept trying to make them better.

HOPEFULLY bro, hopefully. Mk. 3 Diecast was a ****ing joke. No ankles, no pull down, no shoulder pull out, stupid swapping waist. I'm just hopeful that they'll incorporate the correct engineering choices and go from there. I do get that people want accuracy but on an IM figure functionality is extremely important. Like it boggles my mind that Hot Rod/IP/WM Mk. II are even missing the shoulder pull out and the extending ball joint ankles. It's like advance 5 paces and go back 3 sometimes.

HOPEFULLY bro, hopefully. Mk. 3 Diecast was a ****ing joke. No ankles, no pull down, no shoulder pull out, stupid swapping waist. I'm just hopeful that they'll incorporate the correct engineering choices and go from there. I do get that people want accuracy but on an IM figure functionality is extremely important. Like it boggles my mind that Hot Rod/IP/WM Mk. II are even missing the shoulder pull out and the extending ball joint ankles. It's like advance 5 paces and go back 3 sometimes.

I'm pretty sure the war machine/patriot mold has the pull down ankles.

I think they learned from their mistakes with the 3.. I think it's obvious that this one will be fantastic.

I'm pretty sure the war machine/patriot mold has the pull down ankles.

I think they learned from their mistakes with the 3.. I think it's obvious that this one will be fantastic.

I really do hope you're right about the Mk. VI and yes, the IP/WM II does have pull down ankles. It's that they do NOT have the pull down ankle "ball joint" which helps make ankle articulation so much better (featured on the 7, 7 Stealth, 21, 25, 26, 27, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 & 45).

I really do hope you're right about the Mk. VI and yes, the IP/WM II does have pull down ankles. It's that they do NOT have the pull down ankle "ball joint" which helps make ankle articulation so much better (featured on the 7, 7 Stealth, 21, 25, 26, 27, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 & 45).

What's the difference? I never noticed.

Back