Hot Toys Mark VI Die Cast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get the 1/4 MK 43, you will be ready to dive head first right on into the 1/4 world. It is by far one of the best Iron Man figures out there.

That is one of my favorites. But there is such more figures I want to get. How much more is the 1/4 Iron Man to the 1/6?

That is one of my favorites. But there is such more figures I want to get. How much more is the 1/4 Iron Man to the 1/6?

About $200 or so more than 1/6. I can understand that dilemma. I love me some Iron Man, that's why I have over 30 HT ones. This die cast MK6 is a must have for me.

Yes, I'd say either could a mod merge the threads or let this one die... :exactly:

Whoops.. I bumped it... :thwak

About $200 or so more than 1/6. I can understand that dilemma. I love me some Iron Man, that's why I have over 30 HT ones. This die cast MK6 is a must have for me.

With the ones i have and the ones i have on PO (including this one) i will have over 30 also :hi5:

Yes this will be available on SSC mbkb, probably tomorrow.

Will this be available through sideshow?

Yep. It's pretty rare that sideshow not get a hot toys figure. Out of the 400ish releases only like 5 have not been sold through sideshow in some form.

For me i just love how it looks, sleek but tough and it was great to watch in action in the Avengers

yeah i agree.

for me, it was always the bulkier collar area.. i always thought those parts looked really cool.

i cannot stop looking at the photos for this figure. it looks incredible. not as awesome as the 45, i think this figure might wind up being my 3rd favorite armor behind the 45 and 46. if we ever get a diecast mark 7, it may slide to 4th, but it'll be really difficult to choose. i'm just pumped that they're actually doing this.

i can't wait to have the patriot armor with the 42, the mark 2 with the 45, the mark 3 with the 46, and now the mark 1 with the 6. man, they're going to look incredible together. and if we get a diecast 7, he'll replace the original 7 as the centerpiece.

I hope it looks bulky enough to fit a man inside.
The thighs still looks somewhat slim, maybe its due to the design of the MKVI suit.

Something along the line of Silver Centurion and MKIII Die-cast proportions.

I hope it looks bulky enough to fit a man inside. The thighs still looks somewhat slim.
The 1/1 suit was never designed to look realistic. Even with thinner then a real armor fiberglass props he could hardly walk in it on set. And that was without parts of the knee and ankle and crotch attacthed to anything. To look like it should you would need something more like the power armor in fallout 4. And even then it's a stretch. So it's never going to look like there could be a full man plus enough armor and servos inside to work.

It was a first in many ways. It was the first armor that didn't require the palms for thrust. It had back mounted thrusters. It was the first armor that didn't require mechanized assistance to put on or take off. It was also the first heavily armed armor, more so than the VI. As far as the figure goes, it was the first figure with properly articulated 90 degree palms/wrists for proper repulsor posing. It was also the best figure for it's price point with tons of accessories. Display options were many because of all the different accessories/parts. I think because of this, there is a certain form of nostalgia for it.
Ryan

Fair enough it was because of the figure too not just the movie design then. Thanks :eek:)

yeah i agree.

for me, it was always the bulkier collar area.. i always thought those parts looked really cool.

i cannot stop looking at the photos for this figure. it looks incredible. not as awesome as the 45, i think this figure might wind up being my 3rd favorite armor behind the 45 and 46. if we ever get a diecast mark 7, it may slide to 4th, but it'll be really difficult to choose. i'm just pumped that they're actually doing this.

i can't wait to have the patriot armor with the 42, the mark 2 with the 45, the mark 3 with the 46, and now the mark 1 with the 6. man, they're going to look incredible together. and if we get a diecast 7, he'll replace the original 7 as the centerpiece.

Your 1/6 IM favorites list is almost the same as mine TimothyR! Of course the 45 is number 1 pretty easily and I feel that the 46 went a step backwards (the artist even said as much in The Art of CW book). And the Diecast Mk. VI will definitely be my 3rd favorite. What always confuses people is my #2 choice, the Mk. XV Sneaky. It'll probably be as articulated as Shotgun, completely new cast, non standard paint job and similarities to the F-117A Stealth fighter/bomber I grew up with having models and posters in my room.

I'm pretty sure the Mk. VII OG will stay at 4th place even if a Diecast version eventually comes out. Mostly down to the fact that the figure came with so many accessories which I doubt the remake will include. Remember that the Mk. VII was a huge step forward in terms of engineering for HT IM armors. Aside from paint and Diecast materials that will be included with the Diecast Mk. VII, if they don't include the pull out shoulder barrels from some of the newer armors, pull down legs and/or "button butt", it's not going to be a huge leap forward ala Diecast Mk. III. Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy a few but the OG Mk. VII is still fantastic even by today's standards. It's probably one of the main reasons they keep releasing variants and using the parts for many of the HPP armors. Anyways, this new Mk. VI looks like it's going to slide into my 3rd spot and even though this is just my opinion, the only armor I don't own is the GMG Mk. III so I kinda have a lot of them, lol.

i hate mkiii.

stomach always reminds me of a lobster.

parts looks clunky and dated.

Agreed x1000! I was so disappointed with the Diecast version not incorporating the pull out barrels in the shoulders or pull down feet for that extra (and sorely needed) ankle articulation. That swap out twisted ab section was such a mistake and I'm 99% sure we will never see that stupid setup again. That thing was less articulated than the plastic BD Mk. III. It's like they decided that everyone wanted the landing pose so badly that they scrapped all the other improvements that previous armors had for years. Stupid Mk. III Diecast pos.

The 1/1 suit was never designed to look realistic. Even with thinner then a real armor fiberglass props he could hardly walk in it on set. And that was without parts of the knee and ankle and crotch attacthed to anything. To look like it should you would need something more like the power armor in fallout 4. And even then it's a stretch. So it's never going to look like there could be a full man plus enough armor and servos inside to work.

well said!

Back