Hot Toys Mark VI Die Cast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope it looks bulky enough to fit a man inside.
The thighs still looks somewhat slim, maybe its due to the design of the MKVI suit.

Something along the line of Silver Centurion and MKIII Die-cast proportions.

The 1/1 suit was never designed to look realistic. Even with thinner then a real armor fiberglass props he could hardly walk in it on set. And that was without parts of the knee and ankle and crotch attacthed to anything. To look like it should you would need something more like the power armor in fallout 4. And even then it's a stretch. So it's never going to look like there could be a full man plus enough armor and servos inside to work.

Well it's clear that the suit isn't "realistic", but despite the fantasy of it all it does attempt to a faux realism trying to be "grounded" in reality as much as possible. The tensions they are working with is trying to sell you that it IS a man in a suit AND when worn it presents sleek and organically in a way that hearkens back to the look of the original comic. Remember the gold arms and legs of the original red and gold armor looked almost painted on or spandex at best. Some say it was supposed to be some sort of micro chain mail but they left it pretty ambiguous through the years in the comics. So in the comics Iron Man was supposed to be a man in an iron suit, but looked more like a man made out of iron. Trying to do both in a "realsitic" way like they do in the movies takes some work and can not be done without some imagination on both the part of the costume designer and the audience.

I think then it's natural for us to have preferences that lean to one tension or the other. I like the MKIII, IV, and VI because it's a bit easier for me to imagine a man in a suit in those armors than the later armors like the thinner 42,43, or even more organic looks of the 45 or 46. Of course no one would be able to fit inside the Mark III in real life, the proportions alone wouldn't be suitable for a real person even without making space for joints and servos and working parts; but the bulkier nature of the suit does make it a bit easier to imagine (at least for me). At the same time, I can also appreciate the more organic looking Armor's too which present themselves more as a man made of iron, almost like an android. Regardless, it's an interesting study on how the "suspension of disbelief" works together in tension with efforts to "ground" things in "believability" when doing these kinds of movies.

With the ones i have and the ones i have on PO (including this one) i will have over 30 also :hi5:

Yes this will be available on SSC mbkb, probably tomorrow.

My collection just keeps growing. I'm up 118 figures, and have several more on PO. They are so dang addictive. :lol

i want to see how well the new MK6 DC scales w/ everything... the new DC war machine redo looks a little big based off the original one and other marks... even next to the MK3 DC i think the new war machine is going to be a little tall...

i want to see how well the new MK6 DC scales w/ everything... the new DC war machine redo looks a little big based off the original one and other marks... even next to the MK3 DC i think the new war machine is going to be a little tall...

Everything is bigger than the Mk3 DC.

I can't tell did they upgrade the panties or is it still rubber not the newer moving plastic ones like in the new diecast mark 3 ?

I can't tell did they upgrade the panties or is it still rubber not the newer moving plastic ones like in the new diecast mark 3 ?

What did the original MkIII have, rubber or plastic? If it was rubber and they upgraded to plastic on the DC MkIII, I can't imagine they wouldn't upgrade the VI too.

Not sure which is the real thread anymore...

I was going to ask if the "Reindeer Games" blue-missiles array is painted blue or is actually lit-up (perhaps the photos are 'enhanced') -- but I see they list the forearm lights in the description:

LED light-up functions on eyes, palms, lower chest and forearms

I saved $40-$50 on my Mk 45 by waiting until it was released, I imagine I can do the same with this. No need to preorder -- they will make plenty.

Says it's "over 32cm tall", vs the MkIII at 29.9cm tall.

Merge this with that since it has all the correct info in the first post.

If you start a figure thread you gotta be ready and able to update the first post to reflect further info.

I think when two threads are merged the post dates remain in order. It's just a question of which Title for the thread.

If this thread is older, maybe someone can coach the OP here how to add the pics and info to his/her first post.

Back