Hot Toys MARK III wip....Phase 1 complete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomCreator

Freaked Out
Reaction score
;)

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

Not sure where I am going from here, but it's going to be fun...and scary.... :D

Just the first coat, ran out of paint.... :(

Last edited:
Re: MARK III wip

LAST WEEK:
Added the rivets to the left side chest piece thinking that it was a quick battlefield repair, so it's a little sloppy/rushed. Started painting the mech parts gun metal with a chrome drybrush. Any "off" green color was used to cover any red still showing. I like using a different shade for this, because once everything is drybrushed it adds more color gradient/visual appeal.

Anyway, not much, I spent most of my time tonight coming up with a final pose for him.

PICS:
IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

LAST NIGHT
All right, lots of paint slinging tonight, and bullet dents/holes done. Added some decals which I am hoping a coat of dullcote will cover any of the clear parts. If not, I will take them off. Not much more left of actual painting. Now onto drybrushing, washes, pastels, etc.

Also including a sneak peek of the base to give you an idea of what I am going for. Don't mind the white, it needs to be painted, it's not "snow" lol.

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

Base:
IMG_0740.jpg

Nice work! I'm digging the metal chest piece you made, how did you make the rivots in it? Again great job

Really cool. Reminds me of one of the army style drones from IM2...with the camo pattern and the decals. Nice work!

Thats looks pretty cool ..but why did you paint over his chestpiece?

Well boys and girls, Phase 1 is completed(minus a couple little clean up spots). Nothing like a little paint and pastel slogging to clear the mind. Spent about 1.5 hours on this tonight including adding a bit more "mud" to the base.

Phase 1 complete, now to finish his base:

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

Need to clean up the eyes and repulsor.
IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

Hope you like it!

Back