hot toys marines heads wrong?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmbuzz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok guys if there is a thread already about this.. just direct me to it.. and I do appologize for not keeping up to date on these matters but I never paid attention cuz I never figured I would ever own them.. well now I have a ripley and access to a few marines that I may trade the guy out of.... :confused:

I have heard more than once that certain hot toys marines heads are wrong.. or something was done to them so they didnt have to pay royalties or something.. :angelsmil

I didnt discover this until the nostromo Kane figure came out and instead of John Hurt it looks like John Holmes..haha..and I read alot of complaining about it.. haha..:banghead

due to customizing reasons.. I would like to know which heads look the way they are supposed to on the Hot Toys Colonial Marines.. Thanks..:lol

While we are at it.. Are there custom replacement heads available and where do you get them..?

Last edited:
All of them need a re-paint; however, some can't get away with just that.
Drake looks like Drake, Hudson looks like Hicks, Ripley kinda looks like herself, and Vaz looks like herself. The others need a new head sculpt .

Dallas is by far their best. He's perfect.

Dude!
You're like a ghost! You're everywhere and nowhere all at once!

I bet you planned the "whoosh" napkins!
I fact... I think you did it! :lol

I edited the post to include where do we get replacement heads from.. in order to hopefully turn the thread into a usefull helpfull thread and not just a complaining thread.. I hope this helps..

So apone would need a new head.. I assume.. wow..they dont give these guys away and they dont look like the people they are supposed too.. whoo.. thats gonna take some getting used to.. Some very expensive customizing.. haha.. Apone is one of the marines I can trade for.. I have seen a custom head with a cigar from someone on the forums.. cant remember who..

you can get custom heads from board members here. i've asked around for ballpark prices and never got a straight answer, which tells me they're expensive.
it's kinda like asking for the price of lobster at a good restaurant. if you have to ask what the price is, you can't afford it.

The only one I have is Hicks, and I thought he looked pretty close. Not nearly as good as HT's more recent work but not bad all the same.

You can get an Apone head for something like 40 bucks, somewhere on here will know who that guys is, I think his name was Lonnie (Not lcummins) but not sure.

Les did Spikey haired Hicks heads and Hudson heads which looked nice enough and you can get repaints done by several members here, I'd recommend DarkArtist.

I don't know, I repainted my Apone headsculpt when I first got him and I think it looks like him. I'll see if I can get a photo uploaded of it. :cool:

Update: Mine is the crap blurry photo...the other is a shot of the prototype figure before it was released. The camo on the armour is different.

Last edited:
You can get an Apone head for something like 40 bucks, somewhere on here will know who that guys is, I think his name was Lonnie (Not lcummins) but not sure.

Lonnie Hale at H2 Creative. You want one of the "Hero Heads" at only $10 per head last time I checked.He has Apone (with cigar in gob), Hudson (neutral expression), Hicks (slicked back hair) and a Ripley (its not on the website though)

https://www.h2creative.com/HeroHeads.html

Aliensguests045.jpg

Lonnie Hale at H2 Creative. You want one of the "Hero Heads" at only $10 per head last time I checked.He has Apone (with cigar in gob), Hudson (neutral expression), Hicks (slicked back hair) and a Ripley (its not on the website though)

https://www.h2creative.com/HeroHeads.html
wow.
awesome plug. you know you're looking at a great sculpt when you can recognize who it is immediately without any paint apps.
gonna have to order some of those.

Hmm never noticed that Hicks, how does that one look painted? I have seen Apone painted before and he looks perfect. And where is Hudson, I can't find it. Is it the first or second one?

And where is Hudson, I can't find it. Is it the first or second one?
Like Ripley, I dont think Hudson is on that list. You have to specifically enquire like you do the Ripley. I got mine off Lonnie on eBay (but its cheaper and easier to just buy direct by emailing him at the H2 website). It's not the nervous expression one - it's neutral (I dont paint that well, would love to see an expert tackle it):

Aliensguests048.jpg

Last edited:
Like Ripley, I dont think Hudson is on that list. You have to speciffically enquire like you do the Ripley. It's not the nervous expression one - it's neutral (I dont paint that well, would love to see an export tackle it):

Aliensguests048.jpg

is that the head with the little goatee ?. Did you simply not paint it ?.
Looks great and your paint skills are quite good imo.

You should see mine !. :horror:horror:rotfl

Both this head and the other head (the nervous expression one) come with goatees - I painted over it as I hate it and I cant really spot it in the movie. I'll post a pic of him sans helmet later - I never pose him without the helmet cos as I said my paint skills aint great but they're good enough to me to skip the hassle of sending the heads off to someone else.

Back