Hot Toys Mandarin Order Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you ordering Hot Toys 'The Mandarin'?

• Yes

Votes: 95 31.1%
  • No

Votes: 174 57.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 11.8%

• Total voters
Not everyone buys figures for the "WOW" factor - some buy figures because they want the characters in their collection.

That's how I buy. And this character was a huge fake out, and that means it isn't worth my $200. It looks nice, but looking nice is meaningless when I don't care one bit for the character - it renders the WOW factor meaningless to me.

Not saying anything against those who like it, just explaining one of the reasons someone could have for not wanting it for themselves.

why buy something if it doesn't WOW you? that's something i would never do. i don't read comics but even if i did, i wouldn't feel dissed because a character i thought would be portrayed on the screen was different than i expected. if it looks cool to me, i'd want it in my collection. if it didn't WOW me, why bother getting it and displaying it? after all, i'm the one seeing it.

Because I buy primarily for the love of the character in combination with the love for the movie/tv show/book/whatever it's based in.

There are plenty of amazing Hot Toys figures out there I don't own because I don't like the character or I'm not a fan of the movie/tv show/book, etc... I've never bought any Predator figures, for example, because I'm not a fan of the Predator movies. Do I think they look amazingly accurate and are neat pieces? Yep. But I'm not about to shell out $200 for them because I have no love or attachment to the media.

The Mandarin is a great looking figure, but the character's just a fake, and that's what I would see when I looked at it on my shelf. I despised the twist in the movie and think it hurt the film, so why would I want a representation of that on my shelf?

I collect because I like having things that represent what I love. That's what the "wow" factor is for me - having an awesome figure of a character from a movie/tv show/book that I love.

And my feelings on the Mandarin in Ironman 3 isn't based on the comics at all. I've never read any Ironman comics.

I am all for movie accuracy but if I were to buy "the Mandarin" I would not buy this one, don't get me wrong I do like IM3 and the twist, but if I was going to have a villain then it would just have to be killian

Eighty people would not even recoup hot Toy's investment in having the costumes sewn for this figure. Eighty people is/are nothing, don't kid yourself.

i'm really not sure why you have a campaign against this poll. NO ONE said that this forum makes or breaks a figure. it was said this forum is a GAUGE of how the figure will sell. i suggest you find out what an indicator is. :cuckoo:

btw, up to 89 now! way more than the 12 you stated!

Because I buy primarily for the love of the character in combination with the love for the movie/tv show/book/whatever it's based in.

There are plenty of amazing Hot Toys figures out there I don't own because I don't like the character or I'm not a fan of the movie/tv show/book, etc... I've never bought any Predator figures, for example, because I'm not a fan of the Predator movies. Do I think they look amazingly accurate and are neat pieces? Yep. But I'm not about to shell out $200 for them because I have no love or attachment to the media.

The Mandarin is a great looking figure, but the character's just a fake, and that's what I would see when I looked at it on my shelf. I despised the twist in the movie and think it hurt the film, so why would I want a representation of that on my shelf?

I collect because I like having things that represent what I love. That's what the "wow" factor is for me - having an awesome figure of a character from a movie/tv show/book that I love.

And my feelings on the Mandarin in Ironman 3 isn't based on the comics at all. I've never read any Ironman comics.

so you feel dissed by a movie, so much so it will prevent you from buying an awesome figure based on what you consider 'fake'? :lol :cuckoo: your loss.

It's not about being "dissed by a movie" - it's about not liking the character or the twist involving him so I have no desire to have a $200 figure on my shelf representing him.

It's not really that hard to understand. I don't waste money by buying figures of characters I don't like, or that will remind me of something in a movie I didn't enjoy. That would be silly.

The character WAS a fake. The character of "The Mandarin" was just a guy used for comic relief after the twist.

It's not about being "dissed by a movie" - it's about not liking the character or the twist involving him so I have no desire to have a $200 figure on my shelf representing him.

It's not really that hard to understand. I don't waste money by buying figures of characters I don't like, or that will remind me of something in a movie I didn't enjoy. That would be silly.

The character WAS a fake. The character of "The Mandarin" was just a guy used for comic relief after the twist.

it is what it is. any more than that is a rant. :lol:lol:lol

Back