Hot Toys Mandarin Order Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you ordering Hot Toys 'The Mandarin'?

• Yes

Votes: 95 31.1%
  • No

Votes: 174 57.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 11.8%

• Total voters
I didn't like the character in the movie, so I am not buying it. I am getting the Mk 42 and silver Centarion. I canceled Iron Patriot. I make a lot of money, but over spending on these is getting ridiculous. I have drawn the line and have decided to pick and choose what I buy from Hot Toys. I feel a sense of relief to finally have broken my addiction to Hot Toys.

Good for you. :clap

Last edited:
I'm passing on this. Only getting Major characters from HT. Also passing on all these new Iron Man figures. Way too many. Mark VII is enough for me.

The thing about this figure, IMO, is that the only thing that really sells it is current Ironman 3 hype. There's still some hype going, the movie hasn't been released on blu-ray/dvd yet....so they may get their pre-orders for this from completists and people riding the Ironman hype wave...

But by the time it's due for release the hype for Ironman 3 will be lower, and I think this particular figure will be a much harder sell, and could see many a collector cancelling this, probably even to fund a more important character. Or hell, even another Ironman armor.

I myself wouldn't buy a Killian, but Killian would've been a smarter release choice than this, given the movie. Have to wonder if HT were in the dark about the twist. I would think so, to release this.

The thing about this figure, IMO, is that the only thing that really sells it is current Ironman 3 hype

The fact that it's a dead on accurate likeness sculpt of the character with incredibly tailored clothing and accessories might be a selling point ;)

The funny thing is when this guy is sold out, made in limited numbers and ends up being one of the most valuable Iron man figures, Trevor will have the last laugh then :lol

I love the figure and sculpt. I just didn't really like the character in the movie. I have decided to pass on this one and put that money on another piece.

I ordered it.I love the twist in the movie and the figure is a great representation of Kingsley in the film.If they made a Guy Pearce figure, I would get him too, as well as Pepper Potts too.

The fact that it's a dead on accurate likeness sculpt of the character with incredibly tailored clothing and accessories might be a selling point ;)

That's why I bought Loki.

But one green guy is enough for me. Plus, Mandarin was a joke.

The funny thing is when this guy is sold out, made in limited numbers and ends up being one of the most valuable Iron man figures, Trevor will have the last laugh then :lol

This is truth!

The figure looks great but I can't make myself spend the money on it. I was disappointed with the twist because I think they could have used the Mandarin from the beginning of the movie to be a valid threat--even outside of the Iron Man films. Now I get irritated when I see the character because I feel like a top villain was wasted. :gah:

The figure looks great but I can't make myself spend the money on it. I was disappointed with the twist because I think they could have used the Mandarin from the beginning of the movie to be a valid threat--even outside of the Iron Man films. Now I get irritated when I see the character because I feel like a top villain was wasted. :gah:

Couldnt agree more. Would look awesome on the shelf sitting in his chair tho. I just hate what they did with him in that movie. Was really hoping that movie was gonna break the trilogy curse.

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing men he didn't exist.

I know a lot of fans would like that to be true--me included. However, since they never went back to the character after the reveal in the film I'm afraid The Mandarin's legacy on the big screen is a giant FAIL.

wow!!! 73 is way more than the 12 some said earlier. that's a fair amount of people who ordered from here. taking into consideration all those who would have ordered if there wasn't the twist, and i'd say it's selling pretty well.

Darthgothikus said:
I know a lot of fans would like that to be true--me included. However, since they never went back to the character after the reveal in the film I'm afraid The Mandarin's legacy on the big screen is a giant FAIL.

.. except not going back to the character means there is the potential to get proper Evil Trevor/Mandarin in a future film..
I could be wrong.. but Trevor/Mandarin shoots a hostage on screen during negotiations.. effectively we only have Trevor's claim to be a patsy for Killian (it could be the other way round).. and there is also the fact that the quote "I panicked, but then I handled it" could be interpreted slightly differently.. and we know Ben Kingsley would make an awesome villain.. 'Sexy Beast' springs to mind.. I agree with Darthgothikus, I wouldn't write Trevor off just yet.

Last edited:
.. except not going back to the character means there is the potential to get proper Evil Trevor/Mandarin in a future film..
I could be wrong.. but Trevor/Mandarin shoots a hostage on screen during negotiations.. effectively we only have Trevor's claim to be a patsy for Killian (it could be the other way round).. and there is also the fact that the quote "I panicked, but then I handled it" could be interpreted slightly differently.. and we know Ben Kingsley would make an awesome villain.. 'Sexy Beast' springs to mind.. I agree with Darthgothikus, I wouldn't write Trevor off just yet.

and as also previously mentioned by...me. :hi5:

we may not have seen the last of the mandarin.

I really appreciate the look of the figure. It captures very well the likeness of Sir Ben Kingsley , but will not order It because he really isn't a bad** in the film.(kinda of spoils it for me) even though the movie is great.

Back