Hot Toys Mandarin Order Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you ordering Hot Toys 'The Mandarin'?

• Yes

Votes: 95 31.1%
  • No

Votes: 174 57.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 11.8%

• Total voters
I really appreciate the look of the figure. It captures very well the likeness of Sir Ben Kingsley , but will not order It because he really isn't a bad** in the film.(kinda of spoils it for me) even though the movie is great.

poll is up to 75 that ordered, and most who didn't have the same reason as you. if you didn't see the film, based on the figure's look and price, who you buy it then?

poll is up to 75 that ordered, and most who didn't have the same reason as you. if you didn't see the film, based on the figure's look and price, who you buy it then?

Well... Really good question. Based just on the figure...yes It really is a great figure especially when seated. ( like at Comic Con)If he really was evil in the movie then of course I'd order it ( we want real villains right?)

75 or 30% ordered should also show you how little this community means to HT, at least with the Mandarin.

The real question is, who would actually be interested to buy a HT Killian as the Mandarin --complete with dragon tattoos and all? (I know I would)

75 or 30% ordered should also show you how little this community means to HT, at least with the Mandarin.

didn't you say about 12 ordered in the thread before the poll mike? now sitting at 78. not bad. now count all those collector's that said they would have ordered but didn't like the twist, and that would probably be doubled. 78 in a couple of days says many do like the figure. and i'll bet at least half of the people that didn't order even though they like the figure will scramble for one once sold out.

didn't you say about 12 ordered in the thread before the poll mike? now sitting at 78. not bad. now count all those collector's that said they would have ordered but didn't like the twist, and that would probably be doubled. 78 in a couple of days says many do like the figure. and i'll bet at least half of the people that didn't order even though they like the figure will scramble for one once sold out.

You may want to read back. I did not say anything about 12 or any number ordering. That was someone else.

And how can you think that 78 ordered is meaningful in any way? HT sells THOUSANDS of each figure.

I ordered this and will be happy to have it. But face facts, most aren't interested in it.

You may want to read back. I did not say anything about 12 or any number ordering. That was someone else.

And how can you think that 78 ordered is meaningful in any way? HT sells THOUSANDS of each figure.

I ordered this and will be happy to have it. But face facts, most aren't interested in it.

my mistake...sorry mike. this is ONE forum among many collectors though. sales will be consistent in asia as usual. point was that this figure will sell more than a handful as others claimed. once it sells out, i see it fetching a lot more on the secondary market.

now what if....mandarin appeared again in say the avengers 2 and we all find that trevor was a beard for a beard, and the true mandarin also played by kingsley appears? what a rush to buy then, eh? seems like everyone agrees it's an awesome figure with an awesome sculpt. more people have a problem with the way he was portrayed in the film than anything i have read.

my mistake...sorry mike. this is ONE forum among many collectors though. sales will be consistent in asia as usual. point was that this figure will sell more than a handful as others claimed. once it sells out, i see it fetching a lot more on the secondary market.

now what if....mandarin appeared again in say the avengers 2 and we all find that trevor was a beard for a beard, and the true mandarin also played by kingsley appears? what a rush to buy then, eh? seems like everyone agrees it's an awesome figure with an awesome sculpt. more people have a problem with the way he was portrayed in the film than anything i have read.
Out of curiousity, Darkmatter, why are you so obsessed with how this figure will do on the secondary market and the 'rush to buy', etc. It's a neat figure but certainly not a necessary one. I really don't see a Russian dolls scenario for Mandarin in which there's decoy after decoy, all played by Kingley. I still think it'll be going for retail long after it sells out. That shouldn't hinder anyone's enjoyment of it, though.

The figure looks great. But the character in the movie being a fake lame ruins the image overall.

I can't bring myself to buy it because that's all I'll ever see him as.

Very nice figure. I couldn't justify owning anything from that abomination of a film, though. So, no. I will not be ordering this.

Out of curiousity, Darkmatter, why are you so obsessed with how this figure will do on the secondary market and the 'rush to buy', etc. It's a neat figure but certainly not a necessary one. I really don't see a Russian dolls scenario for Mandarin in which there's decoy after decoy, all played by Kingley. I still think it'll be going for retail long after it sells out. That shouldn't hinder anyone's enjoyment of it, though.

Some people like to engage in wishful thinking, like Darkmatter here.

"The Mandarin" will not be redeemed by future appearances, since as far as we know [?] this is the last solo IM film for now. And thank the powers that be for that, because 50 Iron Men are far more than enough.

Darkmatter loves this figure; cool. He should buy it ASAP, andI'm not being sarcastic. His attempt to gin things up seems to be falling rather flat, judging from the numbers we are seeing on this poll.

Some people like to engage in wishful thinking, like Darkmatter here.

"The Mandarin" will not be redeemed by future appearances, since as far as we know [?] this is the last solo IM film for now. And thank the powers that be for that, because 50 Iron Men are far more than enough.

Darkmatter loves this figure; cool. He should buy it ASAP, andI'm not being sarcastic. His attempt to gin things up seems to be falling rather flat, judging from the numbers we are seeing on this poll.

yes, only 80 people ordered from this forum. it's a fail. :clap

It's not a success or a fail. Question: Why do you care?

i care because i like the figure and i think it's received many bad opinions based on the character's movie appearance and not the figure itself.

i think it's established 'the twist' was not liked by comic readers and therefore everything mandarin should be dispelled with swift and severe action? i buy for the WOW factor and not many if any have said the figure is bad, just that they don't like the character portrayal.

bottom line...the figure rocks and regrets for not ordering will follow after sell out. :lecture

Ya know, I would love to see that there is an actual Mandarin in an IM sequel. He is drawn out by this impostor, and the real Mandarin pops his head like a zit. THAT Mandarin I would buy.

i care because i like the figure and i think it's received many bad opinions based on the character's movie appearance and not the figure itself.

i think it's established 'the twist' was not liked by comic readers and therefore everything mandarin should be dispelled with swift and severe action? i buy for the WOW factor and not many if any have said the figure is bad, just that they don't like the character portrayal.

bottom line...the figure rocks and regrets for not ordering will follow after sell out. :lecture

Not everyone buys figures for the "WOW" factor - some buy figures because they want the characters in their collection.

That's how I buy. And this character was a huge fake out, and that means it isn't worth my $200. It looks nice, but looking nice is meaningless when I don't care one bit for the character - it renders the WOW factor meaningless to me.

Not saying anything against those who like it, just explaining one of the reasons someone could have for not wanting it for themselves.

Last edited:
Back