Hot Toys Making The Matrix?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Hot Toys Matrix DX?

• Neo with lobby scene, real world and/or kung-fu outfits

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • Neo with Reloaded and real world outfits

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trinity with Matrix and real world outfits

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Morpheus with Matrix, real world and/or kung-fu outfits

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Agent Smith with Matrix and Bane outfits/heads

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Twins (nuff said!)

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
Which New Ray version? Red or Yellow?

The Yellow one (I know the film bike is actually a 996, but hell, Ducati's "official The Matrix Reloaded" version bike was a 998).

The only thing stopping me now is I'm not sure how well my kitbashed Trinity's outfit would hold up to being posed on it (I've got a Medi Trinity outfit on a Soldier's Story body for better posability).

The Yellow one (I know the film bike is actually a 996, but hell, Ducati's "official The Matrix Reloaded" version bike was a 998).

The only thing stopping me now is I'm not sure how well my kitbashed Trinity's outfit would hold up to being posed on it (I've got a Medi Trinity outfit on a Soldier's Story body for better posability).

A guy named Customdawg repainted a yellow New Ray Ducati for his Trinity and it looked great. I've always wanted to do it...this thread has got me excited again.

Google 'customdawg Trinity' and you'll see his bike.

I say go for it. I can live vicariously.

A guy named Customdawg repainted a yellow New Ray Ducati for his Trinity and it looked great. I've always wanted to do it...this thread has got me excited again.

Google 'customdawg Trinity' and you'll see his bike.

I say go for it. I can live vicariously.
Yeah I've seen it (though he painted it black, and it should be very dark metallic green); Customdawg is the big dog at Triad Toys, BTW, so he was largely responsible for my Trinity and Neo figures.

I've been wondering too. I wonder if SS gets frustrated with all the HT talk on THEIR board?
I'd like to think they're not really that bothered by it since HT is now one of their closest business partners. Sideshow obviously knows good product when they see them, as they import so many of HT's figures and (as you know) had them codesign their 1:6 Hobbit and armored bodies. If anything, I bet this has helped spur Sideshow to up their own game and led us to things like armored Obi-Wan, Snake Eyes, Indy, etc. etc.

Last edited:
Yeah I've seen it (though he painted it black, and it should be very dark metallic green); Customdawg is the big dog at Triad Toys, BTW, so he was largely responsible for my Trinity and Neo figures.

Really? That's funny, I did not know that. I used to chat with him via email long ago when I first got into collecting 1/6th.

Anyway, his work was mostly impressive back then. And painting that bike is key for you. And you're right, it should be dark, dark green.

I like that touch of green in things. I always preferred Agent Smith when he had the greenish suit and was just an agent... not so much when he became the black-suitted virus.

Best villain since Hans Gruber at the time.

I like that touch of green in things. I always preferred Agent Smith when he had the greenish suit and was just an agent... not so much when he became the black-suitted virus.
Getting ahead of myself here, but how cool would it be if they did manage to make Smith's suit ever-so-slightly green tinted?

In any case, I'd like to see Smith maybe come with two headsculpts, one with the earpiece, one without.

I would only want Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Smith, all from "The Matrix". No one else and no other flicks for me. ( I say this all the time, hardly ever holds :lol)

I was into Matrix years ago, had the Medicom Neo and Trinity, but that all passed so I'm gonna have to pass now too.

Great news though. Still want to see Proto pics of these coz...

Ya Never Know...

My wife read this over my back and said "Oh crap, there goes more money to HT." She is really hoping that the HT rumors of Matrix and Hellboy aren't true because she knows I'd have to get some figures from both. Its not the money that she is worried about mind you its the fear that as my space becomes less and less she is afraid that everything will leak into the house from the office. :lol

Getting ahead of myself here, but how cool would it be if they did manage to make Smith's suit ever-so-slightly green tinted?

In any case, I'd like to see Smith maybe come with two headsculpts, one with the earpiece, one without.

Better yet: headsculpt with removable earpiece. HT could do that easy.

I had planned to hack the head off my GG Smith bust and make a 1/6th figure -- got the suit, holster, Desert Eagle -- and yes, even a little earpiece wire and all.

Not sure why people have written off "The Matrix". It really is a great movie. The sequels hurt, but I'm surprised so many people "got over" the original film. It's a great reinvention of the same mythology that Star Wars reinvented so well into a modern anti-machine myth.

Not sure why people have written off "The Matrix". It really is a great movie. The sequels hurt, but I'm surprised so many people "got over" the original film. It's a great reinvention of the same mythology that Star Wars reinvented so well into a modern anti-machine myth.
People are fickle. Myself I think it is the seminal sci-fi film of the 90s and will stand the test of time.

I seem to remember people did the same thing with the Aliens franchise after the last two films. Hell, look at how Star Wars was viewed in the late 80s.

The true classics always come back around, so maybe The Matrix is due for its resurgence soon.

Last edited:
The Matrix is a funny thing. I wasn't too impressed really with the first one. I remember watching it in the theaters and liking the effects but not really becoming a fan. Something about the second really made me like that particular film although its hated by a lot of Matrix fans. Never even saw the third. I would be a fickle fan and still would love a few things from this license and I'm sure die-hards would eat this alive. I have no doubts that these will sell without issue.

I hope it's not too hip for its own good and does make a comeback with people.

The Matrix = brilliant

Matrix Reloaded = great second half, best action in the series

I don't even remember what the third one's called = bomb

Back