HOT TOYS- M ICON SERIES- Marlon Brando, full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey SORRY guys i didn't know where else to place this.I was bored today so i modified my Brando figure a little.I worked on his jacket and also darkened his mole on his face.To me the jacket is what makes this figure so it looked to plain not like in the movie so i added all the detail.What do you think?Guys,let me know.THANX!:wink1:

That does look good, I considered making a tiny stencil for the back of mine but my infernal sensibility for keeping everything box fresh stopped me, dagnabbit!

Unfortunately, I don't own this figure. What exactly did you do to the jacket? It looks great, though.
Well,i added all the detail on the back of the jacket and his name on the front upper left by the shoulder and also 5 pointed star on both shoulders.Pretty much all the deatil that should've been added by Hot Toys but wasn't.I guess they didn't have the rights to it,who knows.IMO i think it looks better but thats what i think anyway.THANX!:wink1:

Where I can buy this figure??

I bought mine off Ebay almost 2 years ago. I waited a long time for the right price to get it as they were fetching a pretty penny.

I LOVE this figure! Excellent likeness and detail even for an early Hot Toys figure. Wish he had sunglasses but those are easy enough to find.

I cobbled together a bike to match the thunderbird as close as possible. I also did the back logo but don't think i ever took pictures. One day i plan to make a little trophy for the bike.

picture103a.png

I cobbled together a bike to match the thunderbird as close as possible. I also did the back logo but don't think i ever took pictures. One day i plan to make a little trophy for the bike.

picture103a.png
AWESOME PIC!I like the bike Ray!Did you buy it already made or did you assembled it your self?I'm planning on making a bike for mine as well.I also noticed that your jackets zippers are a metal color instead of the flat black,did you paint these yourself?Oh!By the way,THANX RAY!:wink1:

That bike looks AWESOME Wookster!It resembles the bike he used in the film wich i think was black and red with chrome.Is that bike a custom or pre-assembled?I'm thinkin of making a bike for mine but don't know yet.:wink1:

I modded the hell out of that bike. Custom paint logo metal ribbing and much more. It used to be a die cast Indian bike by New Ray.

As for the color it's never been confirmed if it was black, red or the blue I painted mine but all "official" sources I found said it was the blue so that's what I went with.

Thats EXACTLY what I used.

chopped a bit off, including the side headlights, repainted the whole thing including the wheels repositioned the spring to under the seat. added a whole lot of weathering. sculpted the leather bits on the side, added metal ribbing to the side and the original triumph logo. I'll see i i can post some more pics in the next few days. I posted my work awhile ago but nobody seemed to care until now apparently.

This is the actual color of the bike...

db_IMG_00383.jpg

this is NOT the T bird. It's his stunt man's bike. I't not a triumph at all. It's why a few people think the color is red when it's not...

FLM03001~Marlon-Brando-The-Wild-One-Posters.jpg

The triumph bonnyville that is out there is simply not as accurate as the Indian when modified. I wouldn't even bother with that. But you're going to need to do a lot of work on the Indian.

Thats EXACTLY what I used.

chopped a bit off, including the side headlights, repainted the whole thing including the wheels repositioned the spring to under the seat. added a whole lot of weathering. sculpted the leather bits on the side, added metal ribbing to the side and the original triumph logo. I'll see i i can post some more pics in the next few days. I posted my work awhile ago but nobody seemed to care until now apparently.

This is the actual color of the bike...

db_IMG_00383.jpg

this is NOT the T bird. It's his stunt man's bike. I't not a triumph at all. It's why a few people think the color is red when it's not...

FLM03001~Marlon-Brando-The-Wild-One-Posters.jpg

The triumph bonnyville that is out there is simply not as accurate as the Indian when modified. I wouldn't even bother with that. But you're going to need to do a lot of work on the Indian.

That light metallic blue Thunderbird is actually a replica, according to the write-up about the event: https://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2009_Sturgis_Bike_Week_Motorcycles_as_Art_Exhibition

"Also on display was the original bike ridden by Mickey Rourke in "Harley-Davidson and the Marlboro Man", the original "Renegade" bike ridden by Lorenzo Lamas, replica bikes similar to the Triumph and Harley ridden by Marlon Brando and Lee Marvin in the 1953 landmark motorcycle film, "The Wild One""

Similarly, there's a place in Italy called the "Sidecar Museum" that features original and replica movie bikes, including a Wild One Thunderbird; though there's no explicit indiction on their site that the bike is a replica, I suspect it is since the museum also specializes in customizing motorcycles for period films: https://www.sidecar.it/mostra.html (you'll need to set your browser with a language translator)
p016_1_01.jpg

Based on the below photo, Brando's Thunderbird doesn't look like it has a metalic finish like the bike you posted from the Michael Lichter "Rebel Rousers" event. I actually have 3 New Ray Bonnevilles earmarked for different conversion projects and frankly, I've been scouring the Internet for over a couple of years for any evidence of what color Brando's Thunderbird was painted in and haven't found any, but the non-metallic finish on the Italian exhibit Thunderbird is certainly closer:
phpO9dC6P

EDIT: After more searches, it seems Triumph finished their bikes in consistently in the same color for that year, 1950, and you nailed the correct shade of blue, Raymond.

Last edited:
WOW Ray!You put so much work into that bike and it shows!You're right it's not red and it seems that the majority rule leans toward the blue color.Well now i don't know now if i should go ahead and build a bike for mine or just make a diorama for him.:slapI guess it's back to the lab for some more futzing around.:exactly:

Back