Hot Toys Luke Skywalker :Endor Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so not completely out of the question for release...

This one is a strange one. It was shown over a year ago now, and it is still there at these conventions/cons,
and coming soon is still on the website, where it's been over that year but still no word on the figure...either if or when it will be released

This one is a strange one. It was shown over a year ago now, and it is still there at these conventions/cons,
and coming soon is still on the website, where it's been over that year but still no word on the figure...either if or when it will be released

At the same time the uniqueness of the situation where an almost identical Hot Toys Jedi Luke figure has just been released doesn't make it that odd if Hot Toys doesn't really want to compete so directly with itself. It makes sense that it has a prototype earlier than usual compared to a release date if it was developed right along side the other Jedi Luke figure- especially if they had at one time considered making it a deluxe figure. My guess is that they are just waiting to clear out the first version of Luke before releasing this one, knowing some will have an easier time getting both with some distance between them and/or they will be able to sell more of these to those who sat too long on the first one and missed it.

How long has this one been "coming soon?"

Roughly a year. It was teased around the same time Jedi Luke went up for PO.

At the same time the uniqueness of the situation where an almost identical Hot Toys Jedi Luke figure has just been released doesn't make it that odd if Hot Toys doesn't really want to compete so directly with itself. It makes sense that it has a prototype earlier than usual compared to a release date if it was developed right along side the other Jedi Luke figure- especially if they had at one time considered making it a deluxe figure. My guess is that they are just waiting to clear out the first version of Luke before releasing this one, knowing some will have an easier time getting both with some distance between them and/or they will be able to sell more of these to those who sat too long on the first one and missed it.

:exactly:

If that's the case, then why release two almost identical Anakin's, even while some folks havent even gotten their original one. That's the thing that makes me question their logic with this one. We are talking an almost identical figure (different eyes) that have overlapped release

Given that Maul is being offered alone and then a set with the speeder I wonder if we'll see Endor Luke available with the speeder as an option as well?

If that's the case, then why release two almost identical Anakin's, even while some folks havent even gotten their original one. That's the thing that makes me question their logic with this one. We are talking an almost identical figure (different eyes) that have overlapped release

The fact that Sith Anakin was a SDCC exclusive may have had something to do with that decision.

Same with the Death Star Commando (or whatever he's called)?

Death Star Trooper. And it's not the same, because sadly this figure wasn't shown for about an year anywhere which means they probably ditched it.

I'm definitely hoping for the accessory pack myself, although I realize it would suck for those people who skipped getting the first figure in expectation of HT releasing a full Endor Luke figure down the road.

The longer they delay an accessory pack release, less likely it is for Hot Toys to follow this path. It would indeed drive mad people who skipped ROTJ Luke and could also prove difficult to estimate the amount of packs HT can actually sell.

They currently are offering a pack for Infinity War Iron Man for which the figure will only be available in 6 months. Not convinced HT would choose the accessory pack option now ROTJ Luke has been available for a few months and is selling out in lots of places.

If I recall, the instruction booklet for Jedi Luke never actually specifically said “accessory pack,” correct? Didn’t it just say something about being compatible with future accessories?

One of the key items in an individual Endor Luke release is the different head sculpt, which I prefer for any in-action pose.

Hopefully HT offers both options. While definitely cutting into their profit margins, it would really be a great P.R. move on their part, for their customers.

If I recall, the instruction booklet for Jedi Luke never actually specifically said “accessory pack”, correct? Didn’t it just say something about being compatible with future accessories?

Correct as far as I remember. I didn't get a feeling they were going to release any accessory pack, just that Luke would be compatible "with accessories" which most likely means that Endor Luke parts will fit with the Regular Luke also. I'm still assuming a separate figure.

Correct as far as I remember. I didn't get a feeling they were going to release any accessory pack, just that Luke would be compatible "with accessories" which most likely means that Endor Luke parts will fit with the Regular Luke also. I'm still assuming a separate figure.

That’s how I interpreted it as well.

Shame there's probably no chance of HT making a speeder bike to go along with these. The SS is 10% too small and the Hasbro 10% too big, so neither one are really ideal. Although I guess the SS might work well enough for Leia given how short she is.

Annual Exhibition in Taiwan 2018:

39442740_10155694297337344_4254764808676573184_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/hottoys/?hc_location=group_dialog

Back