Hot Toys- Lost Predator spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
none of the production figures do. dunno why they changed the color scheme so much. it's supposed to be yellow and green/black like the prop costume. hopefully, NECA can get it right.

none of the production figures do. dunno why they changed the color scheme so much. it's supposed to be yellow and green/black like the prop costume. hopefully, NECA can get it right.
And that's the thing.. It's not like they'd need more skill to paint it properly, it's just a different friggin color..:rotfl

Neca can get it right on prototype, but in the final product probably would be very poor paint job...

So I finally obtained a P1 collar for this guy. Should I tuck it under his neck armor? If I do it doesn't reach the top of the neck and it bothers me...I'm debating yanking it up but it might looks goofy over his armor. Others didn't have this issue since no other predator has body armor such as this guy :(

6568227801_7012939527_z.jpg
6568227485_23c528fda2_z.jpg

6568227205_a49aa89c4d_z.jpg

Is $175 a good deal on this guy? I think I might pick him up, but I am worried about how the dreads look in the in-hand pics. What is the blow dryer method referred to in earlier posts and how is it done?

175 is a great price for this if complete

Blow dryer method - wrap 2 small rubber hands around the head/dreads (one near the top, one near the bottom of the dreads) so they are hugged close to the head. And go around the back of the head with the blow dryer on hott from about 2 inches away and slowly go around giving the dreads a good heat. Let it stand for a few minutes with the bands still attached then do it again once more and leave the bands on for a hour or so

hot water / cold water - again, tie 2 rubber hands around the head and dreads. Boil a kettle of water and pour it in to a jug and drop the head in and let it sit in the hot water for 2 minutes then quickly take it out and drop the head in to a jug of ice cold water to cool it down. Then quickly reboil the water again (tip the hot water from the original jug back in to the kettle to save time) then pour water back into a jug and drop the head in again to repeat the process. Should only take 2 times. Leave the bands on for a good hour after you are finished

Its pretty easy to do. The water method is better

175 is a great price for this if complete

Blow dryer method - wrap 2 small rubber hands around the head/dreads (one near the top, one near the bottom of the dreads) so they are hugged close to the head. And go around the back of the head with the blow dryer on hott from about 2 inches away and slowly go around giving the dreads a good heat. Let it stand for a few minutes with the bands still attached then do it again once more and leave the bands on for a hour or so

hot water / cold water - again, tie 2 rubber hands around the head and dreads. Boil a kettle of water and pour it in to a jug and drop the head in and let it sit in the hot water for 2 minutes then quickly take it out and drop the head in to a jug of ice cold water to cool it down. Then quickly reboil the water again (tip the hot water from the original jug back in to the kettle to save time) then pour water back into a jug and drop the head in again to repeat the process. Should only take 2 times. Leave the bands on for a good hour after you are finished

Its pretty easy to do. The water method is better

It is complete. Are you sure the boiling water will not damage the paint apps at all? Also, looks like I will be needing to nab a neck wrap for this guy.

It is complete. Are you sure the boiling water will not damage the paint apps at all? Also, looks like I will be needing to nab a neck wrap for this guy.
The boiling water is fine ive did it with a lot of items. This figure i originally did with a hair dryer before trying the boiling water method with other figures. And then i wished i had used the boiling water method on this!

The figure would also benefit from a neck wrap too. Not sure if it even had one in the movie but it hides the gap in the neck well

I may be out of line but I've been trying to sell mine. $190 shipped international and the neck wrap is included. Ideally paypal fees would be added but it wouldn't be a deal-breaker if that pushed my price above the alternative.

Back