HOT TOYS: Lost Predator Predator 2 Poseable Model Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the thing Alice: Imagine buying a brand new 2009 car and immediately having to send it to the shop for a paintjob. That would be F'd up. Thankfully that doesn't happen because cars come in every color. As opposed to things like this that have a mass production paint job. Thing is: it wouldn't really be as big an issue if not for the damn prototype. These companies show off a proto with a specific paint job and color palette, get everyone excited or at least a bit interested and then between showing the proto and releasing the finished product they sometimes make drastic changes. And that sucks. I don't think anyone expects a JC HONG type of paint job for a mass produced figure.. but it's not too much to ask for an atleast ACCURATE paint job, even if it's not the best paint job.

Honestly.. it's not possible to mass paint Borg without him looking like the Creature from the Black Lagoon/PredaHulk!? c'mon..

so when is this going to be released in the us? when are some stores going to be getting it? i wanna know if ill have some time before i get charged for it

it will be about a month or so before we see it stateside.
looks alright to me. the dreads might need the heat treatment. this guy will probably be displayed with bio on. but that depends on how many I get. :monkey3

3077254326_bcc3bcbc88.jpg

Wow....thats the best looking HT Pred yet. Built just like a Predator should be. Not the skinny odd look of Wolf and P2....

Every pic of the P2 Pred looks weird. It might be the fact that those nasty leg joints are covered...but who knows.

After pondering on it for a while I've decided that it's because the shoulder armour is so big on P2. The right shoulder piece is just really wide, and it kinda throws his proportions off, and gives the illusion that he's wider up top than he actually is.
________
HOST AND DESIGN

Last edited:
in these pictures it shows that there is a neck collor so dont worry that picture of the close up is the stage when they had not put it on!!

Nope. The collar IS on. The problem is it's not like the normal one that's come with all the previous preds. The kind that covers that ghastly neck joint where the head connects. You can even see in the promo pics from HT/SS that it's visible:

900141press08001bl6.jpg

It's like that becasue the Borg pred didn't have a high neck collar:
Untitled-196%20(1).jpg

+1 for accuracy HT but it still looks ugly.

I just got one for $145:chew

Should be shipping within 8-12 days:joy

I am so glad they went back to the old packaging.
Cleaner Wolf box was crap

I think he looks pretty darn good although a tad to green:sick

its a lil to green but i can live with that..cant wait to pick to get this guy!!!

Nope. The collar IS on. The problem is it's not like the normal one that's come with all the previous preds. The kind that covers that ghastly neck joint where the head connects. You can even see in the promo pics from HT/SS that it's visible:

900141press08001bl6.jpg

It's like that becasue the Borg pred didn't have a high neck collar:
Untitled-196%20(1).jpg

+1 for accuracy HT but it still looks ugly.

hmm. yeh i see what you mean, but if it does look bad when mine comes i will maybe swap it for the pred 2 one, or try make it go higher up the neck i dont reallt care about movie accuracy as long as he looks cool :)

Back