HOT TOYS: Lost Predator Predator 2 Poseable Model Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm behind a lot of the guys here but BR Joker is coming (at last!), the ALIEN bust, the two Blues and Royals modern military figs and of course the Lost Predator!!!:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

:thwak

where are you getting all these from ???

:thwak

where are you getting all these from ???

I get them picked up in HK and a friend ships them back, but to save money I wait to fill one of the Fed-Ex boxes (usually means waiting for 4 x 1/6 figs to be released), but the pain of knowing my BR Joker has been sitting waiting in HK to be sent has been a tough one!

I get them picked up in HK and a friend ships them back, but to save money I wait to fill one of the Fed-Ex boxes (usually means waiting for 4 x 1/6 figs to be released), but the pain of knowing my BR Joker has been sitting waiting in HK to be sent has been a tough one!

wow, good system :lol thought you may have bought them from an ebay seller. trying to track down the 2 blues and royals figs for christmas but no luck yet :monkey4 looks like ill have to settle for your review :rock :lol

He's kind of preoccupied these days.

And I guess I'm the only one who liked the new packaging they went with on the Wolf: Cleaner Edition? :huh

They might still use it. Maybe they just thought since they already made two predators from P2 and this predator figure not being a main predator from the movie they better at least make it look like its from the same figure line as the others. I personally prefer the original boxes but then again I haven't seen the newer version in hand.

I think the neck looks horrible without that neck brace thing the P2,P2 Elder, and Wolf has.

3076422463_6bfb48cdd8.jpg

I know it doesn't help the look but maybe they thought if they made the dreads the way they did it would hide that neck joint ( even though it doesn't ).

damn... well what ive learned from these preds is even with the in hand pics,only when you yourself have the predator in hand, it looks way better and different.

I feel like Ronaldo when i say to myself 'What a pass!' ... Not impressed with this ... Think i'm finally learning the art of self control ...

yea. i think after this predator, until predator one ^^^^ comes out. im done with hot toys. im gonna start investing in some pf's and ^^^^.

Cool pred. The dreads don't bother me at all. He just turned out a bit to green for my taste. May be his original color, but he certainly didn't look like that in the movie, due to the gels and lighting. But overall, one of the three best preds around: P2 preds!!

Cool pred. The dreads don't bother me at all. He just turned out a bit to green for my taste. May be his original color, but he certainly didn't look like that in the movie, due to the gels and lighting. But overall, one of the three best preds around: P2 preds!!
it's the same deal as the ht blue and brown aliens. totally different look with different lighting and color timing.
just depends on preference to screen accuracy vs prop/costume accuracy. i'll take either since it's a miracle this ever got made.

HT is weird sometimes. They did the same thing with the P2: They had the tiger stripes with the proto and then the finished product was just straight brown with no stripes. If you look at the proto pics of the Borg the paint job looks pretty accurate but the finished product turned out too green.

I think it's just not fair of HT that they sell different products than their prototypes. After everyone has paid, they send us figures with cheaper paintjobs.

I will definitely not pose him with open mouth.

I like the look of this piece. They just needed to tone down the greens to make it look more like the movie version. I'm sure Les can do that without too much problem. Also, I'm glad they went back to the original packaging. It's much more collector friendly, the Cleaner Packaging just blew.

EDIT: I'm also glad to see they didn't put wire in the dreds....I like that look much better!

Last edited:
I like the look of this piece. They just needed to tone down the greens to make it look more like the movie version. I'm sure Les can do that without too much problem. Also, I'm glad they went back to the original packaging. It's much more collector friendly, the Cleaner Packaging just blew.

EDIT: I'm also glad to see they didn't put wire in the dreds....I like that look much better!

I agree on the packaging.

Whether screen accuracy masters prop accuracy will most likely never be resolved, but personally, I prefer to get the things colored the way I remember them from the movie, instead of how they where designed to make a certain impression on film.

There are quite some talented people around that could adjust the color of the figure to ones personal likings, but, at $160 for a figure, few are willing to spend the extra $ to get it done.
I just have to accept the choice HT made.

Back