Hot Toys logo changing colour and getting slimey...why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record the title of this thread is: "Hot Toys logo changing colour and getting slimey" and Not "MMS### Hot Toys Mars Attacks" Get over yourselves, especially the 2 noobs above.

Read this thread from the start, it was like a scavenger hunt, with clues that some thought lead to Ghostbusters or TMNT. It was actually fun until the let down and some having typical Male PMS attacks. So it wasn't a "Mars Attacks" thread to begin with.

To the ones that are happy with this announcement, enjoy your figures.

For the record the title of this thread is: "Hot Toys logo changing colour and getting slimey" and Not "MMS### Hot Toys Mars Attacks" Get over yourselves, especially the 2 noobs above.

Read this thread from the start, it was like a scavenger hunt, with clues that some thought lead to Ghostbusters or TMNT. It was actually fun until the let down and some having typical Male PMS attacks. So it wasn't a "Mars Attacks" thread to begin with.

To the ones that are happy with this announcement, enjoy your figures.

Well, like you say it wasn't a mars attacks thread first but it wasn't a "complain about Hot Toys idea to do Mars Attacks and learn them how to do business" either.

Hot Toys make toys for collectors not for mass production and children. There's an old base of mars attacks fans since the 60's and I think hot toys know what they're doing, uh? So saying (xenofreak and others) that there's only 3 people on Eath interested in mars attacks is... silly. Anyway if there are 3 happy people in the world with those toys...

I'm sorry to say this... because I really love this forum and the people on it, but some you people are inconsiderate morons.

Just because there's a company doing a license that you have no interest in... then the company is 'wasting resources' when they could be making something 'for you'? ..really???

It's not like they thought "hey.. we could do Back to the Future... no wait... ^^^^ that... lets do Mars Attacks instead... that'll piss some people off!!"

they're not taking anything away from you... they're simply giving something to those of us who would like things in our collections other than the regular, predictable summer blockbusters of the day.

Why would you want to take away the chance for us to own something that we like... ? Simply because you don't like it??

....that's just selfish.

I can understand people saying "i have no interest in this film, therefore I won't be buying this" ...hell, I've said this about a LOT of the stuff Hot Toys has made.

But to say "what the hell are they doing? I'm disgusted!! Hot Toys You better change your minds!! you owe us better figures!!" (which is in essence what a lot of you have been saying) ..... is both inconsiderate, and stupid.

There... rant over. I've pissed off a bunch of you. :lol Time to go back to work lol

Amen Brotha Darren!! :rock

Kids - chill - or I disentegrate you!

Amen!
I don't know why people can't express opinions and accept others' opinions without so much war and vitriol. I learned my lesson years ago in much earlier net days that it's so much more fun to talk with positive people that don't cut you down. I was in another thread last night and it got heated with someone for no apparent reason. This person just could not accept my opinion, and seemed to feel the need to try and beat me down. I have no problem with him having a different opinion, and I love to debate and discuss, but when it turns into a heated pissing match, what is the point? I just left the thread, that's a waste of my time. I would rather engage in more constructive talk. I love to hear people's different opinions, it opens up your perspective on things. I love the idea of a Mars Attacks! line. I haven't liked every Hot Toys figure (I have no need for Michael Jackson, fr'instance) But I have no problem with other people enjoying lines I don't. I do still like to discuss criticisms, but I will never, never understand people that get all high and mighty and overly defensive like the comic book guy on the Simpsons. "worst. figure. line. ever!" Poo. Grow up and enjoy the differences. :D

I love this license !!!!

HOT TOYS = FINALLY CHOOSING LICENSE THAT ARE NOT CACA

He's not a batman fan.....whats crazy about it? I love TDK but it aint perfect, and I know its not everyone's cup of tea.

O.K. guys, since Darklord Dave(My cousin) dont want to say ^^^^,my very reliable source told me that it is in fact the Mars Attack licence that Hot Toys Acquired...Seems even the guys at Sideshow are in the Known about this...so....
:rock

Great ! Do you know when we'll see the first pictures ? San Diego Comic Con ?

He's not a batman fan.....whats crazy about it? I love TDK but it aint perfect, and I know its not everyone's cup of tea.

I am not making reference to him not being a Batman fan, just to say you wont see the movie is kind of like being stubborn...it's good flick, you don't have to be a Batman fan to enjoy it...i just think he is missing out.

Looking out for his best interest. :cool:

M.

Sir, you maybe right ... But don´t we, who don´t like the concept of a Mars Attacks HT Figue Line, have a right to express ourself ? Just like all the guys who all of a sudden out them self as Mars Attacks Otakus ?

:bow:bow

Nobody wants to take away anything from you Sir or anybody else. Even if we wanted to, how should we do this ? Some guys even compared Mars Attacks with Aliens and Terminator. Sorry, I believe this is nonsense. Its like comparing apples with peaches. Aliens and Terminator are truly Masterpieces in Film History. Which Mars Attacks is not.

To get this straight : When the predictions are true and HT releases this Line, then I am not buying any of them, because I don´t like the designs of the martians. I wish they were doing something else instead.

One more thing ... I know that there are many people who think about it almost the same way as I do. Maybe they are not speaking up, because they will get flamed over this. Like always ...

:clap:clap I gotta agree with this I started my hate reply post just to stir the pot, and what did it do get fans angry. I think we have the right to state our opinions and if people think that its a great idea for Hot Toys to do this, and others to disagree well give the right to express themselves. It gets bad when people are stoned to death on this board because they beat to a different drum.

I will say this the trading cards had awesome art work and I wish the movie was more like the cards.

I was never a fan of Batman. I didn't watch TDK and I probably never will. I could careless for TDK figures. However, I realize that TDK is extremely popular and would never criticize HT for making TDK figures.

On the other hand, making fun of HT for possibly doing Mars Attacks figures is a different story because there are probably only 3 people on the Earth who love Mars Attacks. I'm trying to think of a movie that would be even sillier to make figures for and can't come up with anything. Maybe The Garbage Pail Kids??

:lecture:lecture
Hot Toys is making Garbage Pail Kids? I'm down!

"I will say this the trading cards had awesome art work and I wish the movie was more like the cards."

Well, I like them both in different ways. Aliens and monsters are more and more scary with years so I'm not sure it's still possible to scare people with aliens of mars attacks, metaluna mutant, this good ol' Frankenstein etc. Now we look at them and we find them beautiful, charming or cool but not really scary. So I don't think it was a bad idea to make a comedy (which is a bit gore nevertheless).

But my theory about Burton's film is that he really liked (maybe too much !) card number 13 "watching from mars" which is funny with the aliens drinking cocktails and watching destruction of Earth on television.

https://www.marsattacksfan.com/13.htm

Its weird Hot Toys going balls out pushing the hype for such a divisive licence...If you could think of any Hollywood franchise yet untapped, this registers 0.
Its a bold move to be sure but potentially ill judged...TIME WILL TELL

Since the martians were relatively short, maybe if they were sold as a two-pack for the price of one of their regular figures, that would be the way to go. Maybe they could throw in enough extras to where you could make a supreme leader out of one or just have them both be soldiers....

If it is Mars Attacks, hopefully it means more licences based on Burton's WB films will be aquired (specifically Batman & Batman Returns).

Back