Hot Toys logo changing colour and getting slimey...why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is indeed Mars Attacks, Tom Jones had better be in the line-up.

That would be freaking hilarious. He should come with little animals to sing to. I loved that movie! It's very underrated. :D

Why all the negative comments, though, folks? You're not going to like every license they get, we really are spoiled by all the riches Hot Toys has managed to get licenses for. This movie even has Jack Nicholson in it playing the President!
The Martian Spy Woman would kick ass! The Cosbabies will be a hoot!

You know what the more I read post like this, the more I kinda like the idea of Mars Attacks,

All green of skin, 800 centuries ago, their bodily fluids include the birth of halfbreeds. For the fundamental truth self determination of the cosmos. For dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.

All green of skin, 800 centuries ago, their bodily fluids include the birth of halfbreeds. For the fundamental truth self determination of the cosmos. For dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.

Is that from the movie? Sorry like I said before haven't seen it since it came out. But I hope it does make a lot of fans happy to own some green aliens.

Oh and by the way, this was my favorite movie from my childhood. I went as a martian for Halloween once, had all the toys. So yeah, i'm pretty f'kn pumped.

Oh and by the way, this was my favorite movie from my childhood. I went as a martian for Halloween once, had all the toys. So yeah, i'm pretty f'kn pumped.

Its like what Star Wars or Predator was to me, thats weird that this was your childhood movie.

I wouldn't mind it if all this leads to Mars Attacks figures. It only means I'd be saving some money. Still depends though, they might make that Tom Jones ;)

Well, I'd love a TJ figure... I said that in an earlier post. But a Nicholson as the president would be cool, and a good stealth figure would be Brosnan... serious face... good quality suit= instant Bond!

But I have a feeling it'll just be Martians... we might get a SJP headed dog as an accessory though!

Just out of interest I put Mars Attacks into Ebay to see what came up.The '90s Trendmaster figures,toys and spaceships (touted as an action figure digest"hotpick"back in the day)all go for dollars but original card sets from the 1962 Topps series,including the controversial "Death of a dog" and "A fiery death" scenes which ultimately lead to the series being banned,go for hundreds and in a couple of cases thousands of dollars.Whether or not Hot Toys can capitalise on this market shall be seen.This will be an interesting one if,indeed this is the licence....

Last edited:
LOL, Mars Aattacks!!! Would rock!

marsattacks.JPG

I just visited the Hot Toys website earlier. IMHO, it seems that the site got hacked into or something like that. Look further down and you see products like "Donut Man" and "Goodfather". Click on the links for "Donut Man" and "Goodfather" and nothing comes up.

Maybe I am not an informed person but I certainly have not heard of such movies or products from Hot Toys.

After I exited the site, I immediately quite IE and perform a full anti-virus and malware scan on my PC, just in case..................... Fortunately, my Norton Internet Suite scan turns up no unusual activities on my PC.

I just visited the Hot Toys website earlier. IMHO, it seems that the site got hacked into or something like that. Look further down and you see products like "Donut Man" and "Goodfather". Click on the links for "Donut Man" and "Goodfather" and nothing comes up.

Maybe I am not an informed person but I certainly have not heard of such movies or products from Hot Toys.

After I exited the site, I immediately quite IE and perform a full anti-virus and malware scan on my PC, just in case..................... Fortunately, my Norton Internet Suite scan turns up no unusual activities on my PC.
It's all part of the plan.

I have decided that this from their front page, must indeed be a photograph of the prototype figure:

43950x50_tongue.jpg

now it looks like a tongue, and judging by the texture I'm guessing its plastic. Which means the entire head sculpt will be plastic and not rubber as i first thought. Also the fact that we see its tongue suggest that its mouth is jointed. And If they plan to add PERS (which i'm hoping cause, theres plenty of room in there ) An opening jaw would provide easy access to the controls. Also note that the tongue is extending beyond its teeth, which makes me wonder if the tongue itself is jointed, hmmm...:monkey1

There is also the question about its body. The Martians neck is very thin, so connecting it to any True Type would make the body look out of proportion. Unless they plan on hiding the body with the costume, which would still be out of scale anyway. So a custom body seem very likely but what kind of material would it be made out of? I think they might do something similar to how the 'Alien Dog' is constructed with a rubber skin suit around the body maybe.

Last edited:
I have decided that this from their front page, must indeed be a photograph of the prototype figure:

43950x50_tongue.jpg

now it looks like a tongue, and judging by the texture I'm guessing its plastic. Which means the entire head sculpt will be plastic and not rubber as i first thought. Also the fact that we see its tongue suggest that its mouth is jointed. And If they plan to add PERS (which i'm hoping cause, theres plenty of room in there ) An opening jaw would provide easy access to the controls. Also note that the tongue is extending beyond its teeth, which makes me wonder if the tongue itself is jointed, hmmm...:monkey1

There is also the question about its body. The Martians neck is very thin, so connecting it to any True Type would make the body look out of proportion. Unless they plan on hiding the body with the costume, which would still be out of scale anyway. So a custom body seem very likely but what kind of material would it be made out of? I think they might do something similar to how the 'Alien Dog' is constructed with a rubber skin suit around the body maybe.

:google:google:google...You think too much...

Back