Hot Toys Line...to Repetitive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see how the Hot Toys line seems repetitive, but there's a market for the popular figures. I have three different Captain Americas with another on PO, and honestly I'll buy every version of The Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes they make, so I'm guilty of funding the repetitiveness lol. The plus side is that if someone missed out on a previous release, they can always pick up the new one if they're not a die-hard collector or need a certain release of that particular character.

HT is repetitive but they do make figures based on movies whose characters change costumes, not entirely HT fault. I've always been a superhero collector so the current stuff HT is making is great for me but I can see people who are not really fans of Marvel/DC being frustrated by not being offered what HT did a lot of in the past(Terminator/Aliens/Predator). I'm personally glad as I have no interest in those sci-fi properties.

This issue comes up on a regular basis.. the fact remains, that Hot Toys make the figures people buy in greatest quantity.. variety for variety's sake, doesn't put money in the bank.. and lots more Batman or Predator would be equally repetitive.. plus, sales for figures like The Crow and Mime Joker, indicate some collectors like to QQ about a lack of variety, but then either do not buy the figures or if they do, they wait for a discount.
Frankly, I think the variety of figures released is fine, and more varied than some people give HT credit for.. considering it is holding up the very important release of...

Moar Iron Manz and Star Wars figures! :rock

Back