HOT TOYS LEON S KENNEDY (RPD version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, I just checked. Regular Leon is $138.86 and $178. RPD is $187.67, $208 and $258. Considering the duplicate sellers have the RPD version listed for more, it's contradictory:

Yeah, but you have to look at completed listings to see what the item sold for, that's the actual value. What good is listing an RPD Leon at $250 if no one buys it??

There are only two RPD Leons in the completed listings one at $165 and one at $122. And the standard version sold from $150 - $200. Two of them selling for more than $165. Nothing is SELLING for more than $200.

Despite it being labeled 'limited', I don't think the RPD version is really that much in demand, it's still in stock at some e-tailers.

recieved my ganado chainsaw killer 2day to pose with my leon. great figure as well. hot toys are da best!

Yeah, but you have to look at completed listings to see what the item sold for, that's the actual value. What good is listing an RPD Leon at $250 if no one buys it??

There are only two RPD Leons in the completed listings one at $165 and one at $122. And the standard version sold from $150 - $200. Two of them selling for more than $165. Nothing is SELLING for more than $200.

Despite it being labeled 'limited', I don't think the RPD version is really that much in demand, it's still in stock at some e-tailers.

Actually, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. The fact that retailers have him listed higher is solely because he's more limited and potentially more valuable. Also, judging it's value by ecommerce availability isn't really justifiable either as right now many people are liquidating their collectibles due to the recession.

Example: We all know the Patient Zero easily sells for $400+ being one of the more scarce releases on top of having a limited print run. Yet several people right now are scoring him for as low as $250 (like yours truly) by making offers considerably below ebaY asking prices.

thats what i said. rpd has got potential to be really valuable ... once all of em have been sold for maybe a year or 2.

Tiger Stripes ver Naked Snake.

Over the zombie paint? Doubt it. Last time I saw him on ebaY, he closed at just over $550!

Limited Edition Exclusive of 500 for the Wonder Festival in Japan:
3ac2_1_sbl.JPG

Over the zombie paint? Doubt it. Last time I saw him on ebaY, he closed at just over $550!

Limited Edition Exclusive of 500 for the Wonder Festival in Japan:
3ac2_1_sbl.JPG

The Tiger stripe version on average sells for the most at the moment (I don't see that ever changing). The zombie one goes for even less than the croc head version from what I see. I'd say the $550 for the zombie version you saw is more of an anomaly than the norm. I wouldn't mind if the zombie version became the most valuable though..:D Got one two years ago for $170 :banana

many internet shops websites shows him as instock but when i emailed some of em they said he was out of stock or on back order. so check it for yourself.

some shops that had him listed as instock didn't even reply to any emails.

any of you guys know how many rpd pieces were produced? hot toys web site doesn't say

Hot Toys doesn't announce edition sizes. Hot Toys takes preorders and decides how much to produce based on demand.

I don't think your logic makes any sense....sure the value of RPD Leon may go up when it sells out but if there is no demand for it later on then it will never be valued at $200. Following your logic then every Hot Toys figure that sells out will be worth $200 later on. Maybe if Leon becomes the main character in RE6 but I don't see anyone buying RPD Leon for $200 at the moment. Especially when he is still available for retail at sites such as cornerstorecomics.

I see a better chance for the HT Joker figures to go up in value. There are more people interested in movie themed figures compared with videogame themes. Heath Ledgers' iconic performance will also help.

Hot Toys doesn't announce edition sizes. Hot Toys takes preorders and decides how much to produce based on demand.

I don't think your logic makes any sense....sure the value of RPD Leon may go up when it sells out but if there is no demand for it later on then it will never be valued at $200. Following your logic then every Hot Toys figure that sells out will be worth $200 later on. Maybe if Leon becomes the main character in RE6 but I don't see anyone buying RPD Leon for $200 at the moment. Especially when he is still available for retail at sites such as cornerstorecomics.

I see a better chance for the HT Joker figures to go up in value. There are more people interested in movie themed figures compared with videogame themes. Heath Ledgers' iconic performance will also help.

The Joker deal is a phase. Once everyone gets beyond it, or the "next big thing" hits (like HT's Iron Man), interest will slow. Additionally, don't think HT hasn't stepped up to the plate to produce a huge supply to meet the demand for their Joker figures. I'm willing to bet he'll fetch less than any of the earlier Predators in the long haul because of an excessively large run. Don't forget, they're producing even more to distribute through DC Direct.

As for RPD Leon, ATM two key factors play into his current availability. The failing economy (with collectors stopping cold turkey or trimming their purchases to "necessities") and a lack of a new RE/Biohazard game (RE/Bio4 is how old now?!). Once either of those two things happen, look to forking out at least a couple Benjamins for these babies if you haven't snatched up one yet already.

BTW, CornerstoneComics has both the RPD and Regular versions at the same price, $135+ shipping.

The Joker deal is a phase. Once everyone gets beyond it, or the "next big thing" hits (like HT's Iron Man), interest will slow. Additionally, don't think HT hasn't stepped up to the plate to produce a huge supply to meet the demand for their Joker figures. I'm willing to bet he'll fetch less than any of the earlier Predators in the long haul because of an excessively large run. Don't forget, they're producing even more to distribute through DC Direct.

As for RPD Leon, ATM two key factors play into his current availability. The failing economy (with collectors stopping cold turkey or trimming their purchases to "necessities") and a lack of a new RE/Biohazard game (RE/Bio4 is how old now?!). Once either of those two things happen, look to forking out at least a couple Benjamins for these babies if you haven't snatched up one yet already.

BTW, CornerstoneComics has both the RPD and Regular versions at the same price, $135+ shipping.

I never said that HT Joker will fetch AVP Predator prices. I don't think anything will for quite some time. Hot Toys was relatively unknown at the moment and as a result very few AVP figures were made (compared with production numbers today). So I agree that HT Joker won't fetch AVP Predator prices for now.

However I disagree with your assessment that the Joker is a phase. IMO Ledger's portrayal of the Joker will be remembered for a long time. He will likely get a nomination for it and maybe even has a chance to win an Oscar. Another point that I haven't mentioned is that Batman is a iconic franchise that will be around forever. Batman and Joker will be around for years to come and you bet that there will be new 12" collectors looking for TDK figures in the future. Plus many are still enthusiastic for figures from the original Batman and Batman Returns. I see the same thing happening with the younger generation and TDK (plus there is going to be a third Nolan Batman). Definitely not a phase IMO. Only time will tell though.

Last edited:
I never said that HT Joker will fetch AVP Predator prices. I don't think anything will for quite some time. Hot Toys was relatively unknown at the moment and as a result very few AVP figures were made (compared with production numbers today). So I agree that HT Joker won't fetch AVP Predator prices for now.

However I disagree with your assessment that the Joker is a phase. IMO Ledger's portrayal of the Joker will be remembered for a long time. He will likely get a nomination for it and maybe even has a chance to win an Oscar. Another point that I haven't mentioned is that Batman is a iconic franchise that will be around forever. Batman and Joker will be around for years to come and you bet that there will be new 12" collectors looking for TDK figures in the future. Plus many are still enthusiastic for figures from the original Batman and Batman Returns. I see the same thing happening with the younger generation and TDK (plus there is going to be a third Nolan Batman). Definitely not a phase IMO. Only time will tell though.

We'll see by the time the next Batman feature comes out. He's still fresh with the film grossing as much as it did, Ledger's death and the just released DVD. People were just as hyped over LOTR, but a mere few years after the last film, interest there has faded considerably and that base was much larger than Batman's. Licensees are cancelling or already cancelled LOTR items because they're all but immovable. NewLineShop has everything discounted to near 75% off just to get rid of the stuff and Sideshow not only "cancelled" the 12" line but has trimmed back considerably on what's being released from that license.

Compare and contrast. I can still find early Batman and Batman Begins figures, even the Takaras for roughly $200 all over ebay. Trying to find the Dragon 12" Resident Evil figures is near impossible and when I do, they fetch a higher price ($300-$400), considerably higher than the superior products that are the HT, Medi and Takara Batmans. More often than not, the items with a cult following will fetch a better price than the mass-marketed mainstream licenses due to the sheer lack of availability and specialized interest. Based on this, given enough time, I see the Biohazard 4 figures eventually outpricing the Batman ones.

I have to agree with thenammagazine. By next year the For Sale section will look more like the Used Batman and Joker section. I'm so happy Dave created the DC section so I don't have to read about them anymore. :lol
As for Leon, I owned and sold both versions and they are among the very, very few figures I have ever regretted selling. I may actually re-purchase RPD Leon. I do think he will get pricey in the future. Not lunatic, early Pred and Hicks pricey, but I could see him going above $200 eventually. And worth it, if you're a serious RE fan.

I have to agree with thenammagazine. By next year the For Sale section will look more like the Used Batman and Joker section. I'm so happy Dave created the DC section so I don't have to read about them anymore. :lol

:lecture I haven't returned to the DC forum since the horrible HT TDK Batman thread was locked. I couldn't believe all the "spoiled princess" crap people were posting. First time, in a long time, I was actually embarrassed to be a collector. :lol

so we all agree this item is worth collecting then. but seriously the rpd leon is a great figure guys!

Back