Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculpt comparisons from Justin’s video:

C37D37DF-0A84-4166-AC4F-2C4D256B8C3E.jpeg
B46C17E1-476C-4887-A04C-7CE920B1DEA9.jpg
A5B4F407-AF65-4351-84AC-D2D9F5341F56.jpeg
BA8B6270-EFA3-48BC-91ED-0CE6AD6C47D6.jpg
D0768559-2BE9-4F23-AC26-9B87363D28EC.jpeg

The BvS looks better to me and i have thought it over for a couple of hours trying to see why so many think the JL is "far superior". I was really dumbfounded by that.

To each their own.:dunno

Question - has anyone tried to swap out one edition of a figure for another? I ordered the standard edition, but then decided for what little extra money it was I'd like to go ahead and get the deluxe with robe. Both are still in stock for pre-order. I contacted Sideshow, and said they couldn't do it. This seems... odd. Usually they are more accommodating. And I'm trying to give them more money. Anyone else done something like this before? I wrote back sort of expressing my surprise and I haven't heard back from them yet.

Yeah I went through that with SS when I wanted to switch from the regular Harley Quinn to the exclusive. They told me no because of some sku nonsense. I wound up returning it and buying the exclusive from a private seller

Yet they had no problem switching out the exact same figure in the exact same scenario for me.

Yeah, they brought up the different SKU as though that were an excuse. If nothing else, they should be able to cancel one order and re-order the deluxe and apply my money already given to the other order. That's not an extraordinarily sophisticated thing for ordering software to do.

If they stick to their guns, I guess I'll just do what you did. And reconsider ordering with them in the future. Their CS was the main reason I kept ordering from them.

SS isn't the company it use to be. Sadly, they have gotten greedier as time goes on. I have one more figure coming from them and then i'm done until they make changes. I even gave away my code without thought that came on the TA WW box and have stopped paying attention to the 2 code threads in The Sandbox.

Realizing everyone get's their stock from them in the US i'm looking for a nice foreign vendor or perhaps just eBay. Or, i may just be done altogether i'm not sure yet. Leaning towards only the must haves that have a deeper meaning to me rather than hipster stuff i am unsure of and mainly purchase because it looks cool.

It doesn't look like the same sculpt in the video review or in these pictures here in, despite the leading statement in the " as you can see it's the same sculpt , the noses are the same length, "well they certainly don't look the same length. The face shape of the Training sculpt still looks wider and rounder when you compare them side by side, maybe it's the hair giving it the illusion of this, but I still don't see any proof it's the same sculpt, if anything that review showed the opposite. I am not trying to convince anyone that it isn't the same sculpt, it just doesn't look the same to me, people can believe what they want. The only way to put an end to this debate is to remove hair on the JL sculpt and then put that and the Training sculpt side by side, not suggesting anyone should do that though.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like the same sculpt in the video review or in these pictures here in, despite the leading statement in the " as you can see it's the same sculpt , the nose is the same, "well it certainly doesn't look the same. The face shape of the Training sculpt still looks wider and rounder when you compare them side by side, maybe it's the hair giving it the illusion of this, but I still don't see any proof it's the same sculpt, if anything that review showed the opposite. I am not trying to convince anyone that it isn't the same sculpt, it just doesn't look the same to me, people can believe what they want. The only way to put an end to this debate is to remove hair on the JL sculpt and then put that and the Training sculpt side by side, not suggesting anyone should do that though.

I agree.
The overall shape of the face is different. The training version looks a lot fuller, rounder, than the JL version. They don't look like the same sculpt.

I agree.
The overall shape of the face is different. The training version looks a lot fuller, rounder, than the JL version. They don't look like the same sculpt.

No they don't, but like I said people can believe what they want to believe, l just don't think it's the same sculpt because it doesn't look the same to me.

I agree.

That’s because of the giant wig-like rooted hair. It’s the same sculpt.

It's the same nose, just a little different angle and light. Open any graphic editor, put those images on each other and switch between them. Easy.

So someone had to come up with an explanation, for why it looks drastically different. Forget about comparing them show me one pic of the Training sculpt where the nose looks long and pointy like that. It's so obvious that the tip is a different shape, the Training sculpt tip is rounder.

Last edited:
just got mine from timcent ,can't add much to the discussion ,as i dont have the training version to compare it with ,and my phone camera pictures are ****e :lol

but the jl version head is significantly and noticeably smaller ,than the bvs version ,

i like it though :)

The BvS looks better to me and i have thought it over for a couple of hours trying to see why so many think the JL is "far superior". I was really dumbfounded by that.

To each their own.:dunno

I don't think HT nailed either one in terms of likeness to the actress, but I do think the JL looks more like a person than a doll.

Strange to me that people can't see that one of these noses is bigger and pointier than the other...

View attachment 425026

I can see it on the photo.... you switched it though right? the JL one is now on the right? if not I am seeming things and it's an optical illusion or something lol.

With that said, the difference in the pictures is subtle; enough to where one figure being ever so slightly closer to the camera could be throwing the comparison pic off. Personally I'm not even going to trust my own opinion based on pictures, I think I would need them in hand side by side to be sure. But I'm not getting the TA one so that isn't going to happen.

Overall, I am a bit disappointed that for whatever reason the likeness of Gal Gadot isn't really coming through in the JL pics, but I don't think they did on the BvS one either (again... neither one nails it, while each capturing some features right in a different way). I am not sure why the TA one feels like Gal Gadot more than the JL one; regardless if it is the hair, tiara, paint app, or not exactly the same sculpt from the pictures so far I'm not feeling it as much either. I'll just have to wait to have it in hand to know how much I think it looks like Gal Gadot for sure.

So, I'm keeping my order. The Wonder Woman solo movie is the only DCEU movie I love, so the deluxe JL version is my stand in for that movie version. It doesn't look like they plan on making a solo movie version... but if they do, or if they make an 84 version and the head sculpt is better, I will just have to upgrade later. Overall the figure looks good and I really want a HT representation of the figure on my DC Movie shelf , because it really is one of my favorite movies.

looking through this and not seeing any picture of the jl version with the hair pulled back ,heres mine
hope it helps but probably wont :lol

43683869814_9d7375a5c2_z.jpg

44351475872_cbcf9c9752_z.jpg

just to say the hair was a pleasant surprise on the one i got ,i fully expected and had planned to swap out the hairpiece for the bvs versions ,as most pictures i saw showed it to be sightly oversized and bumpy on the parting ,but ,on mine at least its a lot more natural looking in hand :)

so got a brand new genuine hot toys bvs wonder woman head sculpt spare if anyone is interested :lol

looking through this and not seeing any picture of the jl version with the hair pulled back ,heres mine
hope it helps but probably wont :lol

:goodpost:

Now this is exactly what the You tube reviewer should have done and put both the Training one and JL one together.

Here is the Training one on the same angle, it certainly looks like a different sculpt here as the jaw shape is wider and rounder.

8341722461276262300.jpg

Last edited:
Ha ha...oh God....this thread is painful. When people with both figures in hand are saying it's the same head, surely we can draw a line under this debate?

hope it helps
but probably wont :lol

just to say the hair was a pleasant surprise on the one i got ,i fully expected and had planned to swap out the hairpiece for the bvs versions ,as most pictures i saw showed it to be sightly oversized and bumpy on the parting ,but ,on mine at least its a lot more natural looking in hand :)

so got a brand new genuine hot toys bvs wonder woman head sculpt spare if anyone is interested :lol

lol, weird man... she looks more like Gal Gadot here now to me :rotfl

So maybe taking pics with her hair pulled back "helped"? one thing I know from collecting these figures and from participating in this forum over the years is that a picture may be worth a thousand words, but not all those "words" tell the truth either; pictures can skew how the actual dimension of things look. They can give us a really good idea about what something might be like in person; but a picture is always just a picture and can not capture completely what something is and how it really looks in real space.

Well let the debate rage on! lol...

Ha ha...oh God....this thread is painful. When people with both figures in hand are saying it's the same head, surely we can draw a line under this debate?

Have you read his comments on you tube, most people don't believe him that the nose is the same, and say it's obvious that the JL one is longer, he didn't realize the nose would be such a big issue because it isn't noticeable in hand. So a lot of people are not buying that it is the exact same sculpt (even if it is) because it doesn't look like it is to a lot of people. I do agree though with you though that we should draw the line now because it doesn't get us anywhere arguing over it. I accept that you think it is exact same sculpt, I don't because I know people who have seen both in hand who told me it wasn't the same sculpt, and the other because it just doesn't look the same to me.

Last edited:

:

Here is the Training one on the same angle, it certainly looks like a different sculpt here as the jaw shape is wider and rounder.
8341722461276262300.jpg

:rotfl when i saw these pics before I read your comment, I was about to say these pictures make it look more like the same sculpt but the same pictures makes you think otherwise. :slap

Too funny... I have no idea... but again, I am not sure how much we can certain about anything from pictures when it is this close... lighting, and lens can have a great distorting effect on pictures even if the angle is the same.

:rotfl when i saw these pics before I read your comment, I was about to say these pictures make it look more like the same sculpt but the same pictures makes you think otherwise. :slap

Well go figure, in hind sight, I wish I didn't post that pic now.

Too funny... I have no idea... but again, I am not sure how much we can certain about anything from pictures when it is this close... lighting, and lens can have a great distorting effect on pictures even if the angle is the same.

I agree with you that's a possibility.

Back