Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review Justin, thanks. She looks great, I can't wait until mine arrives.

Thanks Justin. I think this shot from your vid just about says it all. Sure still maybe not 1000% Gal Gadot, but definitely superior to BvS version.

A pity the stand is needed. I hope i can get around that somehow as I'm not a big stand sort of person, and especially with this figure it looks terrible having 2 black prongs sticking out under the skirt. Actually I might even cut the wire on mine and make it less obtrusive.

wonderwoman cvomparison.jpg

Yup no doubt this is better than the BvS figure, no idea why there was ever any doubt about that. Sculpt looks much better, chest armour being raised to a more realistic position helps then you have the better accessories. I know it's a small matter but that BvS lasso is so bad.

If they sculpt the hair for the WW84 figure and make a few tweaks here and there that could be one of HT best female figures ever.

Thanks Justin. I think this shot from your vid just about says it all. Sure still maybe not 1000% Gal Gadot, but definitely superior to BvS version.

A pity the stand is needed. I hope i can get around that somehow as I'm not a big stand sort of person, and especially with this figure it looks terrible having 2 black prongs sticking out under the skirt. Actually I might even cut the wire on mine and make it less obtrusive.

View attachment 424874

Looking at this pic..I’d say the colors of the armor are spot on to the film IMO

Superman smiled a lot more in JL as well... but just in a much more creepy way. :lol

After seeing MI..I can see why they had to do what needed to be done because his Stache was way too distracting. Especially when he talked. You couldn’t even see his lips move when he had it. Cavill should’ve grown it out like Evans did for Cap. lol Too bad the CG to cover it in JL was a fail :slap

After seeing MI..I can see why they had to do what needed to be done because his Stache was way too distracting. Especially when he talked. You couldn’t even see his lips move when he had it. Cavill should’ve grown it out like Evans did for Cap. lol Too bad the CG to cover it in JL was a fail :slap

not really his fault...pretty sure he had no choice in the matter :dunno:

Just put up my review guys :)

The figure is definitely upgraded in every way, and I especially like that the armor height has been fixed.

However, still not seeing Gadot at all. If one looks at all those Gadot pics posted a couple pages ago, not one of them looks close to the face in that review. Was hoping to upgrade the inaccurate BvS sculpt to this one, but this is just inaccurate in a different way (though it definitely looks more realistic compared to the flatness of the BvS face, just not as Gal). I think I'll be waiting until the WW2 figure at this point. Hopefully she'll get a diecast sword as well.

But great review as always Justin! And it's good to see there's alot more acceptance after the initial Anakin 'debacle' :lol

Superman smiled a lot more in JL as well... but just in a much more creepy way. :lol

:lol :lol

Gotta agree with Pop....I think Barbie hair is killing the likeness if it’s the same as training sculpt. I have hard time seeing the resemblance. Maybe WW84 version will be better. Hair took down IW Widow as well.... but we asked for realistic hair and HT delivered... now don’t want it anymore :)

Justin been watching your videos of late, keep up the good work.

Gotta agree with Pop....I think Barbie hair is killing the likeness if it’s the same as training sculpt. I have hard time seeing the resemblance. Maybe WW84 version will be better. Hair took down IW Widow as well.... but we asked for realistic hair and HT delivered... now don’t want it anymore :)

That's because it's not the Training sculpt and this picture proves it.

JL HS on Training sculpt body.

JL sculpt on TR body.jpg

The jaw shape on the Training sculpt is rounder and wider.

40397792_2236187323122302_2869870290756698112_n.jpg

-8878322433340545223.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what that proves. You'd have to remove the wig and tiara to really compare them. I still think it's the same sculpt repainted.

Not sure what that proves. You'd have to remove the wig and tiara to really compare them.

Your right that would totally prove it but to me it's obvious that the jaw shape is different, its more angular and narrower as it reaches the chin. The idea of the picture of the JL sculpt on the Training body was to show how different it looks than the Training sculpt on the Training body. U think if it was the same sculpt it wouldn't look so different, but it looks nothing like the Training sculpt when its on the Training body.

I still think it's the same sculpt repainted.

I know someone that has seen both in hand and he says it's not exactly the same sculpt as the Training one and I believe him. If it was the same sculpt then why would Jingobell put on the Training sculpt on the JL body? :huh

Last edited:

View attachment 424874

You know to be honest, I gotta say that in this particular picture, I actually see Gal more in the BvS sculpt than I do the JL sculpt. Though I do concur that overall, the figure looks to be a slight improvement.

Cavill should’ve grown it out like Evans did for Cap. lol Too bad the CG to cover it in JL was a fail :slap

Yeah, I think they would have been better off leaving it in. I actually think for that rebirth scene, a full beard like he sported in MoS would have made more sense.

Folks, that's exactly the same sculpt with exactly the same jawline, nose and eyes......I'm confused what everyone is looking at! That's the training sculpt with rooted hair. Is it just me?

I'm sitting here with the training armour figure in hand.....it looks like that.

Folks, that's exactly the same sculpt with exactly the same jawline, nose and eyes......I'm confused what everyone is looking at! That's the training sculpt with rooted hair. Is it just me?

That may be the case but to a lot of us it doesn't look like Gal in that video, whereas the Training sculpt does, it shouldn't look so different just because it has hair. I don't believe it's the same sculpt but I believe it's based on the Training sculpt, they have just tweaked some areas.

I'm sitting here with the training armour figure in hand.....it looks like that.

So your training sculpt has a nose like this?

40261768_10155713919337344_999987623390871552_n.jpg

It clearly looks different here.

better.jpg

idk what people are seeing different thats the exact headsculpt as the training one the hair is whats throwing it off but I have no doubt its the same one if anything it has a slightly different paint job

Back