Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread will eventually turn into every Star Wars thread where a figure is horrible, right up until it is actually released and then everyone does a complete 180 about how amazing and perfect it is.

Yep. It’s just the way of things.

Yup, as suspected...if Jingobell modded his TA to add hair and tiara to replace the stock head, that means he wasnt pleased with the stock head.
No wonder it looks good on that pic.

Wow didn’t see Jingobell as a customizer..oh well :slap I wonder if he chopped the ponytail off

This thread will eventually turn into every Star Wars thread where a figure is horrible, right up until it is actually released and then everyone does a complete 180 about how amazing and perfect it is.

Star Wars thread. You do know you are in the DC section right? All of that of which you speak was born right here.:lol

Btw if anybody doesn't like this and the BvS you have a alternative:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Complete with extra boobage. All for the low low price of $232.99 delivered to your door.

31 watchers
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-J...m=302597210373&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Yup, as suspected...if Jingobell modded his TA to add hair and tiara to replace the stock head, that means he wasnt pleased with the stock head.
No wonder it looks good on that pic.

Ok now wait i'm confused. Isn't this official JL version just the TA sculpt with rooted hair hence making it the exact same thing that Jingobell did? Are we now assuming different paint apps drastically changed the TA sculpt?

Ok now wait i'm confused. Isn't this official JL version just the TA sculpt with rooted hair hence making it the exact same thing that Jingobell did? Are we now assuming different paint apps drastically changed the TA sculpt?

Until more pics surface, that appears to be the case. That somehow during production, something didnt translate well.
whether its the paintjob, hairing process, etc. Something just doesnt look right.
It should have looked exactly like Jingobell's modded WW.

Wow didn’t see Jingobell as a customizer..oh well :slap I wonder if he chopped the ponytail off

I'm certain he probably did.
It doesnt surprise me that he can also customize. His attention to detail is astounding, that's why his pics looks amazing.

Star Wars thread. You do know you are in the DC section right? All of that of which you speak was born right here.:lol

Btw if anybody doesn't like this and the BvS you have a alternative:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Complete with extra boobage. All for the low low price of $232.99 delivered to your door.

31 watchers
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-J...m=302597210373&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

You know what's funny, I came across that youtube video a couple of days ago, and thought...you know, the likeness on that thing isnt exactly bad.
He did a comparison, and I wish he would have put that head on the Hot Toys one.

That figure though is like a teenager's wetdream of how Gal should have looked as WW. :lol

Say what you will, but that does at least have better hair. I'm not sure why they made the JL hair so incredibly flat this time. It may have been a pain to futz, but the BVS did have properly curly hair which helped a lot to make up for the likeness.

Should I press the panic button? Lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I’d wait for post futzing in hand pictures to arrive.

Say what you will, but that does at least have better hair. I'm not sure why they made the JL hair so incredibly flat this time. It may have been a pain to futz, but the BVS did have properly curly hair which helped a lot to make up for the likeness.

Yeah, I agree with the hair. People can of course do what they want with their figures, but I cringed whenever I saw pics from peeps who put product in the hair of the BvS figure and made it straighter into one collective mane of hair. The wavy, curly individual locks to me are what help accentuate the likeness.

I really like the TA sculpt, so knowing that this is the exact same sculpt is what has me believing it’ll look fine in hand. Worst case scenario, if it doesn’t, I’ll just get the sculpt from the next figure if it turns out being better, and put it on this one.

The cloaked look from the first film is my main goal, so that’s why I got this figure.

Not necessarily, I’ve seen both JL and WW films enough now and I see the thought process with HT and her hair in JL was quite flat and less wavy and bushy than in WW

You can see that her hair was really flat at times

But in WW

You can see that it’s more wavy and tangled

Now I can’t say this is chief result of the hair on the JL version but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was intentional so they can say this is not the same figure as before.

Last edited:
Not necessarily, I’ve seen both JL and WW films enough now and I see the thought process with HT and her hair in JL was quite flat and less wavy and bushy than in WW

But in WW

Now I can’t say this is chief result of the hair on the JL version but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was intentional so they can say this is not the same figure as before.

This makes sense.
I’m wondering why it appears they didn’t use the same hairing process.

For the purposes of preserving my own sanity.....I'm going to vacate this thread now until I actually have the figure in hand.

See you at the finishing line guys!

But in WW

Good observation. Didn’t realize this actually until you illustrated how it is indeed different. So for actually a true JL WW (as this figure is advertised), the flatter hair is accurate.

Can’t fault them for that, when I criticized them for merely recycling the BvS sculpt for JL Superman because the hair isn’t JL accurate.

Good observation. Didn’t realize this actually until you illustrated how it is indeed different. So for actually a true JL WW (as this figure is advertised), the flatter hair is accurate.

Can’t fault them for that, when I criticized them for merely recycling the BvS sculpt for JL Superman because the hair isn’t JL accurate.

:exactly: as a customizer, an artist and a traditionist , I intend to spot these things right away. HD really helps what we often miss in the dark theater . Which is why I intend to style mine in the WW film style because I really liked the look on Gal. The bushier, flatter style in JL made Gal, IMO look more older and drab at times, again I’m sure the styling was probably intentional to state the fact they wanted to showcase WW in the present rather in the past where she was young and fresh, they wanted to say , okay..she’s been around for a long time now.

Which is why I believe the WW1984 version will probably be exceptional

:exactly: as a customizer, an artist and a traditionist , I intend to spot these things right away. HD really helps what we often miss in the dark theater . Which is why I intend to style mine in the WW film style because I really liked the look on Gal. The bushier, flatter style in JL made Gal, IMO look more older and drab at times, again I’m sure the styling was probably intentional to state the fact they wanted to showcase WW in the present rather in the past where she was young and fresh, they wanted to say , okay..she’s been around for a long time now.

I noticed that as well. Same thing they did with Cavill.
In MOS, his hair was longer, looked like someone from Ivy league school or something.
in BvS, the much shorter hair, they tried to make him look older as if he's already a veteran Hero.

With Gal in WW, her hair is very doll like...very curly.
But in JL, its a lot more straight.

I noticed that as well. Same thing they did with Cavill.
In MOS, his hair was longer, looked like someone from Ivy league school or something.
in BvS, the much shorter hair, they tried to make him look older as if he's already a veteran Hero.

With Gal in WW, her hair is very doll like...very curly.
But in JL, its a lot more straight.

Another good point..on Cavill’s Superman . True MOS is more about a astrayed Clark hiding before he decided to become Supes so why not make him look raw and rookie like and not as mature, polished and experienced like in BVS and JL.

For those chime in about but “ how about WW in BvS “ I think that look was not focused on, she was merely an introduction to the DCU, meaning the focus wasn’t on her, It was about Superman and Batman so her look was very simple styling with the hair.

Huh. Well I guess that's just one more reason to hate JL. :D

Saw this on FB

Seriously , I think people should wait to see it in hand before knocking it down. The hair styling is the key element IMO

This looks like the BvS or Training Armor sculpt with hair styling. Possibly on the new body.

I predict many may customize their figure with the Training Armor head. It’s what we should have gotten anyway.

Makes sense. Like Remy stated, they did the same thing with Cavill. The character’s hair I feel is also meant to represent where the character is at that moment in their arc.

Like I mentioned though, worse case scenario, I’ll just pick up a WW84 sculpt for this one since this one is meant to serve as my first WW representation, so I prefer the more curly hair.

If it’s better that is...

If WW doesn't have a hair and fashion scene in 84 i will be very upset.

Back