Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes sense. Like Remy stated, they did the same thing with Cavill. The character’s hair I feel is also meant to represent where the character is at that moment in their arc.

Like I mentioned though, worse case scenario, I’ll just pick up a WW84 sculpt for this one since this one is meant to serve as my first WW representation, so I prefer the more curly hair.

If it’s better that is...

True, I would imagine WW84 would be a different sculpt.
Hopefully, like you said though, maybe once more people have this, it might actually be a lot better in hand.
That's happened so many times where pictures dont seem to do a figure justice.

At the very least, even on worse case scenario, its not like the sculpt is bad, its just that the proto showed a lot of potential.
But its not like the sculpt is horrible.

Heck, I ate crow cause I kept saying it looks like a dude. And now with more pics, definitely not the case. :lol
I guess we'll see once we start seeing more in hand pics/videos.

Yeah I concur it’s not perfect, but I can definitely still see Gal in it. As I mentioned, the fact that it’s the same sculpt as the TA sculpt (which I like) gives me hope that in hand, it’ll look fine.

And for unitformity’s sake, being that this is meant to serve as a WW solo film representation for me, I like that they’re the same sculpt.

Is that nose for real?

Francis Exequiel Velasco Sazon

16 hrs

40219550_10155437223502046_3404381676573294592_n.jpg

Looking at those comparison pics, it's quite clear that the paint job isn't helping elevate the likeness at all.

The shape of the eyebrows is completely wrong (you'd think they would've fixed that from the first one), as well as the lips. A skilled painter could fix that.
The other thing is the fact that they got the hairline wrong. Gal has a very high forehead, and in almost every single photo, you can see the forehead clearly between the top of the tiara and the hairline. HT decided to hide the hairline with the tiara, and that messes up the entire look and likeness.

And the nose, well... that's just too bad.

Looking at those comparison pics, it's quite clear that the paint job isn't helping elevate the likeness at all.

The shape of the eyebrows is completely wrong (you'd think they would've fixed that from the first one), as well as the lips. A skilled painter could fix that.
The other thing is the fact that they got the hairline wrong. Gal has a very high forehead, and in almost every single photo, you can see the forehead clearly between the top of the tiara and the hairline. HT decided to hide the hairline with the tiara, and that messes up the entire look and likeness.

Looks photoshopped to me for some reason

That last photo with the cloak looks quite awesome.

Regarding sculpts, the nose does seem bigger, but then again the eyes are also bigger. Sorta balances it back.

Seen amateur sculptors show progress photos, trying to sculpt individual features based on photos and the end result doesn't look like the character. Sometimes its taken it all in and reaching a balance.

Maybe not Gadot, but surely awesome WW. I'm looking forward to get this.

The nose is exactly the same on the training version. Both over sized so that's not the main thing throwing the likeness off. It's either the paint or that damn rooted hair.

The nose is exactly the same on the training version. Both over sized so that's not the main thing throwing the likeness off. It's either the paint or that damn rooted hair.

Agreed. It’s the rooted hair. The training sculpt is a great likeness, but something about the rooted hair is throwing it off.

All great points. I think the likeness is there, but it’s definitrly the paint and the hairline as you mentioned. The production paint should have accentuated the lips more as well. Gal Gadots lips are a lot fuller.

Hence why...

She looks like Winona Ryder.

...With Winona having a bigger nose and smaller lips in comparison.

Hopefully this looks better in hand.

The head looks a little small too me also.

Yup that's what I've been saying as well. The BVS head was made slightly bigger to work on the much bigger body, but it looks like they made this the standard size they use for their other female figures. And it seems to be messing up the proportions a bit.

Yup that's what I've been saying as well. The BVS head was made slightly bigger to work on the much bigger body, but it looks like they made this the standard size they use for their other female figures. And it seems to be messing up the proportions a bit.

I have one on the way and should be here tuesday or wednesday so i will do a side by side shot and then I will decide which one to keep and which one to sell on. IF BvS is better I'll be keeping that one. The only reason I was 'upgrading' was for her black coat as I was never really impressed with the JL head sculpt.

Back