Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That always happens to some degree but the training version looked great from the start, didn't need to see it in hand. Certainly not saying this is trash. It's a good figure as is the BvS WW...just not as great as we hoped for.

Oh no I concur. TA looked great from the start. But that’s more the exception. More often than not, initial blogger pics don’t showcase the figure that well.

I think this looks way better than Vader. You can style her hair, and she'll look great. No amount of futzing will fix Vader's inaccurate helmet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah, the neck area on that figure just doesn’t look right to me. However, futzing other areas went a long way and I do think people have gotten the figure looking way better than it did in initial blogger pics.

Oh no I concur. TA looked great from the start. But that’s more the exception. More often than not, initial blogger pics don’t showcase the figure that well.

Yeah, the neck area on that figure just doesn’t look right to me. However, futzing other areas went a long way and I do think people have gotten the figure looking way better than it did in initial blogger pics.

Makes you wonder why they keep using those same bloggers. :lol

sculpt looks better than the BvS version but not enough to go through selling BvS/buying JL. Ill stick with BvS and wait for 84 to pair her with,hopefully, a Cheetah fig(since we got no JL villain).

So, this is a great figure and one of the most realistic looking figures Hot Toys has done.

But it’s not Gal Gadot. One problem with this is the eyes - same problem with the Rey figure from The Last Jedi. They are spaced further apart than Gal Gadot’s are. It makes me wonder if the same people painted both of these figures. It’s really amazing the sense of realism this has, but without a proper likeness, it’s a bit underwhelming. I was going to pick this up, but I think I’ll just wait for the Wonder Woman 1984 version.

Really happy with both my BvS Wonder Woman and the Training Armor version. Neither likeness on those figures is perfect, but they’re both closer to Gadot’s actual look than this is.

I have the BvS version, and I also got this version to serve as a solo WW film version. If the WW84 sculpt ends up being better, I’ll likely just get the sculpt from that and put it on this.

I have no doubts though that this will look really nice in hand, and that once people start receiving this figure, futzing it properly and taking better pictures, the tide will turn. Initial blogger pics are seldom ever good. The cycle with this is always like clockwork. Figure releases, you get the “OMG WTF?!” reactions, then after a couple of weeks when people start receiving it, it starts getting praise.

This cycle literally just happened with ESB Darth Vader.

Sometimes you look at a headsculpt and you just know "yeah that's him (or not)" from your first impression. And my fist impression has never disappointed me so far, even after seeing more pictures or videos :) Best examples are Yondu, Jack Sparrow (normal face), Thor TDW, Anakin dark side or even Vader ESB (yeah I was one of few who kept defending him from the first hour).

But when I look at WW JL, I see a double who tries to be her, but just not her. Maybe the eyes. Maybe the nose. Or maybe the rooted hairs. I don't know. I have the feeling that the HS needs a repaint like Anakin or sculpted hairs.

Sometimes you look at a headsculpt and you just know "yeah that's him (or not)" from your first impression. And my fist impression has never disappointed me so far, even after seeing more pictures or videos :) Best examples are Yondu, Jack Sparrow (normal face), Thor TDW, Anakin dark side or even Vader ESB (yeah I was one of few who kept defending him from the first hour).

But when I look at WW JL, I see a double who tries to be her, but just not her. Maybe the eyes. Maybe the nose. Or maybe the rooted hairs. I don't know. I have the feeling that the HS needs a repaint like Anakin or sculpted hairs.

Agreed. ESB Vader I defended, and that the minor things would not end up preventing a great figure. Vader looked good when we could see prottypes, and most of the controversy was around slightly inaccuracies. At the end of the day, Hot Toys has a great record with robotic type figures (Iron Man being the bread and butter.)

But yeah, this does not look like Gal Gadot. Waiting to see a few more videos and photos, but def. something I am glad I did not pre-order. Looks like a good wonder woman figure, just not a good representation of Gal Gadot.

Agreed. ESB Vader I defended, and that the minor things would not end up preventing a great figure. Vader looked good when we could see prottypes, and most of the controversy was around slightly inaccuracies. At the end of the day, Hot Toys has a great record with robotic type figures (Iron Man being the bread and butter.)

But yeah, this does not look like Gal Gadot. Waiting to see a few more videos and photos, but def. something I am glad I did not pre-order. Looks like a good wonder woman figure, just not a good representation of Gal Gadot.

:exactly:

I know what you're saying. I've seen it many times where some collectors bash a newer version cause they might feel bad owning an inferior older version.
For me personally though, I dont have those issues, as for me, if I feel that I'm not happy with a previous version, I have no problems boxing it
up and selling it for a newer version. I think I've owned every HT Cap, and just keep getting a newer one if its better. Same thing with Thor, and a few others.

And for me, as far as my interest for this WW, it is just the head. I'm completely happy with my BvS, I dont give a crap about the extra accessories this new version might have or the color of the suit. To be honest, I havent really even looked what's the difference. All I care about is if the newer head is better, I'll just replace my BvS with the better sculpt.

So far, I'm not blown away by the sculpt. Here's the thing, I do think it has a better likeness, but whether its the face shape, expression, or the hair, there is something off about it...I think the BvS looks better. I also think the BvS looks prettier.
Maybe once I start seeing comparison videos of both, maybe I could be wrong about it.

But so far, what I'm seeing is the opposite of what you've said. People who PO this and trying to justify their purchase and bashing the BvS version.

As far as what I've said about this JL WW, the only thing I take back, now that we have seen more pics and videos these last couple of days...is that, Ok...it doesnt really look like a man anymore. lol
But it blows away the BvS?!!! Nah...dont think so.

I own the BvS version and I'm happy with it. I honestly think it looks better than this one. If Hot Toys produces a version with a better likeness I'd simply purchase the headsculpt and pop it on the BvS figure. But so far Hot Toys hasn't produced a better likeness in my opinion.

It's not just the neck, the whole dome and skirt are too big and wide. Yes, people have made him look better, but he still doesn't look like ESB Vader to me. It's more of a high end generic Vader.

It's not just the neck, the whole dome and skirt are to

o big and wide. Yes, people have made him look better, but he still doesn't look like ESB Vader to me. It's more of a high end generic Vader.

I think there is some truth to this. I could see people who have a couple of Vader's expecting near perfection to justify purchasing variations of the same guy. I did not own a Vader, wanted a high quality one, and went with ESB Vader. The slight inaccuracies did not bother me because the key things that make is ESB are there (gloss...ect.) But your going to have a portion of the market which is 100% accurate or bust. 95% accurate just isn't worth another Vader purchase. But if your looking for a high class Vader, or can live with minor inaccuracies, its a fine choice. If your spending $250 on a figure, especially variations of the same character, I can respect hyper attention to detail. For me I have in my mind an image of ESB Vader, and the figure fits that.

Wonder Woman....looks more like generic wonder woman. I wan't to see final product more, keep an open-mind, but it looks like a very good figure, just not Gadot. Robots like Vader are generally more forgiving than human actor representations when it comes to these types of figures. Female characters in particular can be difficult (Gamora and potentially Hela being cases where it is done well and the face sculpt is spot on.) I don't think I have seen a bad picture of that HT Hela anywhere.

I own the BvS version and I'm happy with it. I honestly think it looks better than this one. If Hot Toys produces a version with a better likeness I'd simply purchase the headsculpt and pop it on the BvS figure. But so far Hot Toys hasn't produced a better likeness in my opinion.

Agreed. I think both sculpts are probably equally off, but the BVS is off in a less distracting and weird kind of way to me. The biggest problem with the BVS is just with the expression and the head being a bit too narrow. Whereas the JL looks far too angular, is slightly undersized for the body, has that huge nose, and has even worse rooted hair than before.

Unfortunately I'm not so certain we'll be getting a figure from WW84, with her wearing the exact same outfit and with HT having just released this Deluxe version. :(

Agreed. I think both sculpts are probably equally off, but the BVS is off in a less distracting and weird kind of way to me. The biggest problem with the BVS is just with the expression and the head being a bit too narrow. Whereas the JL looks far too angular, is slightly undersized for the body, has that huge nose, and has even worse rooted hair than before.

Unfortunately I'm not so certain we'll be getting a figure from WW84, with her wearing the exact same outfit and with HT having just released this Deluxe version. :(

Don’t be so sure! Insiders spoke of Leaked concept art which showed in what they stated as a new kind of “battle armor”. It doesn’t necessarily confirm that the new “armor” will make it into the movie but I think they have to throw something in there. Also, I have a feeling the movie might even throw the classic “swimsuit style” outfit for one throw-away scene to try it out as an 80s thing as an ode to the comics and to show how impractical that suit would be. I guess it would be similar to how Steve Rogers wore the Star Spangled Man outfit in “The First Avenger” for funsies. If anything, they could at least sculpt the hair this time around.

Saw this on FB

Seriously , I think people should wait to see it in hand before knocking it down. The hair styling is the key element IMO

This thread will eventually turn into every Star Wars thread where a figure is horrible, right up until it is actually released and then everyone does a complete 180 about how amazing and perfect it is.

This thread will eventually turn into every Star Wars thread where a figure is horrible, right up until it is actually released and then everyone does a complete 180 about how amazing and perfect it is.

I mean that isn't entirely accurate either. ESB Darth Vader has criticism, and they are fair. As an ESB Vader it is OKAY. As a good generic Vader, as someone mentioned, it is very good. I have it, own it, but for me a very good Vader that mostly resembles the ESB version is right down my alley.

This wonder-woman may not really look like Gal Gadot. Some people will care and some will not. Some people care about eye, nose, and hair shape. Others just see a woman with a face and say good enough for me. Everybody has different tastes and standards.

And let us be honest. Their are plenty of people who pre-order these figures, say they are very happy with it, and then 2 years later are selling it to get the latest figure, complaining they never loved the old one that much anyway. It is people being people.

I want to see final production images of Wonder-woman. I did not pre-order this. The images released so far to the majority of people have not looked great. But I wan't to judge it on the final figure. But the facts so far should leave me with large concerns, and my opinion is not influenced since I did not pre-order it.

Saw this on FB

Seriously , I think people should wait to see it in hand before knocking it down. The hair styling is the key element IMO

That looks nice in fairness..............still does'nt look like the actress however.

The caption to this photo says it's the Training version head sculpt rooted and placed on the JL figure.

Skrilleks Pardo Did you swap the head from training armor ?

Manage

· Reply · 1h · Edited

Home of Jingobell Yes ~
1f44d_1f3fb.png

Manage

· Reply · 29m

Home of Jingobell 將training armor 頭改加頭髮....完Change the training armor head to hair.... Finish

Manage

· Reply · Automatically translated
· 1h

Yup, as suspected...if Jingobell modded his TA to add hair and tiara to replace the stock head, that means he wasnt pleased with the stock head.
No wonder it looks good on that pic.

Back