Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 421196 SDCC 17

View attachment 421197 SDCC 18

Here's two pics that I took from SDCC 2017 and 2018. Sculpt looks pretty much the same, but maybe the paint is different? 2018 looks more "deer in the headlights" to me, while 2017 looks more determined.

Obviously they lowered the tiara position, closer to her eyebrows now.

BVS-TA-JL.jpg

If anyone thinks the JL WW from SDCC looks more like the BvS than the TA version you need your eyes checked.

Yeah I just think something with the rooted hair makes it look not as good as the training sculpt. Has to be the same sculpt though.

Here's two pics that I took from SDCC 2017 and 2018. Sculpt looks pretty much the same, but maybe the paint is different? 2018 looks more "deer in the headlights" to me, while 2017 looks more determined.

I don't understand. The 2018 version seems sooooo baaaaad. The 2017 version (the version I preordered) was so much better...

Thank you for the comparison. I think these two shots clearly show that they changed something, like I already said. It's not only the light.
The SDCC 2017 version looks way better for me.
Need more better photos to make final judgement.

These are screenshots from the official Hot Toys Homepage.

Wonder Woman Training Armor ("newly developed head sculpt"):

wonderwoman_ta.jpg

Wonder Woman Justice League ("newly painted head sculpt"):

wonderwoman_deluxe.jpg

I think on SDCC 2017 they just used the TA HS. On SDCC 2018 they showed us the real thing.

These are screenshots from the official Hot Toys Homepage.

Wonder Woman Training Armor ("newly developed head sculpt"):

View attachment 421252

Wonder Woman Justice League ("newly painted head sculpt"):

View attachment 421253

I think on SDCC 2017 they just used the TA HS. On SDCC 2018 they showed us the real thing.

But are they “newly painting” the TA sculpt, or the BvS sculpt? :lol

tenor.gif

Yeah, I’m pretty confident the final product will boast a repainted TA sculpt, with rooted hair. I’m not worried about it. Figure will turn out fine.

Yeah, I’m pretty confident the final product will boast a repainted TA sculpt, with rooted hair. I’m not worried about it. Figure will turn out fine.

Yep agree. Even in 2017 they used the TA version under a rooted hair wig. So that must have been their intention.

Standard procedure. Stress now due to lighting etc. Wait until in hand pics. All ok.

Now if only they could release some blogger photos...

Starting to get impatient, haha.

Hopefully they deliver on good rooted hair like they did with CW Widow. The advert shots look good, but as with most of this year's SDCC shots it looks rushed.

Hopefully they deliver on good rooted hair like they did with CW Widow. The advert shots look good, but as with most of this year's SDCC shots it looks rushed.

Agreed. CW Widow is by far the best rooted figure I have.

Well.....the pictures put me off enough to spend the money that I earned from selling my BVS Wonder Woman.....with the intention of buying this.....on BVS Batman instead. Wow, now he is a great figure.

I have the training armour WW on pre order, so will wait and see if one wonder woman is enough for me. Cant wait to get that figure. The training armour look is by far my favourite and the lack of rooted hair is a major selling point to me. Man, I do not like rooted hair.

Well.....the pictures put me off enough to spend the money that I earned from selling my BVS Wonder Woman.....with the intention of buying this.....on BVS Batman instead. Wow, now he is a great figure.

I have the training armour WW on pre order, so will wait and see if one wonder woman is enough for me. Cant wait to get that figure. The training armour look is by far my favourite and the lack of rooted hair is a major selling point to me. Man, I do not like rooted hair.

I'm with you on the rooted hair. Still getting this figure but no doubt the training armour version has a more premium feel due to the sculpted hair.

So Sideshow just bumped my last payment a month to September 25. Looking more and more like they mistook the TA release for this.

So Sideshow just bumped my last payment a month to September 25. Looking more and more like they mistook the TA release for this.

That's how it seems. It's still slated for October in Hong Kong meaning it will only just reach the rest of us by the end of the year. Most of the league I don't think we'll see until 2019 even if they do release in Hong Kong November/December as scheduled.

Back