Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just going off the original pics when this was shown. Albeit with the training HS and wig on. But looked good there and better than the BvS version. I still think it'll turn out great !

Yeah, I think it will also.

Early unflattering photos are par for the course, followed by freak outs.

Said it before,
I've seen many pics since, even videos.
And in every one I've seen...

Yup, still looks like a dude cosplaying as Wonderman. :monkey1

Last edited:
Yeah, I think it will also.

Early unflattering photos are par for the course, followed by freak outs.

Yep, every single time....rare though that you get a quote confirming that, directly after saying it though :lol

Agreed, this figure looks like a mess, and it keeps getting worse. I try to be constructive, but training armor looks like the better figure. Not going near this one, at least until people have this in hand.

I think you'll find JL WW it is exactly the same HS as Training WW. No need to freak out....

IMG_5567.jpg
IMG_5566.jpg
IMG_5565.JPG

Said it before,
I've seen many pics since, even videos.
And in every one I've seen...

Yup, still looks like a dude cosplaying as Wonderman. :monkey1

Exactly.
It looks terrible, if the sculpt is indeed the training outfit one then the paint app is really messed up.

It's just the exact same sculpt with the exact same paint job......not sure what everyone is having a cow about. Just looks like an improved version of the BVS figure.

There is no way this is an improvement over the BVS.
The training head has also been given far to much love as the Gal likeness is iffy at best.

Though i agree that the training armour head is by no means a perfect likeness, it isn't, but it is still a significant improvement over the BVS head which is a complete miss when it comes to Gal Gadot likeness. Add into that the derpy expression on the BVS headsculpt and this Justice League version can't fail to be an improvement.

I've had a couple of movie-geek friends look at my BVS wonder woman and state that, but for the outfit, they wouldn't have had a clue who it was meant to be!

Are there many here that own both figures that feel the bvs is the better sculpt? I've had them side by side, no competition in my eyes.

The training armour headsculpt is about 85% there in my opinion.....agreed that something is still "off" , but it's pretty good!

The training head has also been given far to much love as the Gal likeness is iffy at best.

It's a big improvement. These pics are hardly the best, the lighting is pretty suspect washing out a lot of the detail. They moved the chest armour up to a more realistic position, the lasso is a huge improvement on the crappy one we got last time, some of the other accessories look cool to. Head sculpt will look fine in better lighting. If only they would sculpt the hair it would be a home run.

Training armour head is outstanding, totally captures her look in those scenes.

Ummm this is more than Iffy

Hands down a fantastic and one of the best likeness to Gadot in figure form thus far, I only hope the rooted hair from the JL version doesn’t take anything away from this great expression . But I have my secret weapon waiting in the wings to help the hair

The biggest problem with the Training sculpt is that it lacks the exotic look Gal has, the lips should be thicker and the eyes should be more almond shaped. That being said, when I first saw the sculpt I could tell it was Gal by just the head alone, so the likeness is still pretty good.

Last edited:
The biggest problem with the Training sculpt is that it lacks the exotic look Gal has, the lips should be thicker and the eyes should be more almond shaped. That being said, when I first saw the sculpt I could tell it was Gal by just the head alone, so the likeness is still pretty good.

I agree with you .....it's the eye shape that's not quite right. Great headsculpt though.

Final paint/production and in-hand photos of final production will ultimately tell the tale. People are making excuses for why the prototype isn't looking good in photos, but until we have a final release to review we don't know if this will be a better figure than BvS wonderwoman.

At the end of the day a figure I am glad I did not pre-order, but might pick up if its a stellar figure on release.

I have it on PO, but I’m confident the final product will look good. Granted I have yet to see an impressive picture of the prototype, but I just can’t imagine it being a step backwards from the BvS figure, especially if it’s the TA sculpt with at least the exact same paint apps. Lasso looks improved as well, so as mentioned, I just can’t imagine it ending up being a regression.

Saw this on FB .., a no frills shot of the TA sculpt . Did a closeup ..it doesn’t get anymore in hand than this

I swear if the JL expression is exactly this..I’m getting goosebumps with anticipation :clap

Back