Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of mere curiosity in seeing what everyone’s plan is, is anyone getting this in addition to the BvS WW? And if so, if the sculpt on this figure turns out to be better than the BvS one (which I’m guessing it will being that it’ll probably be the TA sculpt with rooted hair), are you going to buy an extra one of these sculpts and put it on the BvS figure, or just leave the BvS figure as is?
I'm just getting the new sculpt, no need for two of the same costume.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reading these posts about whether to keep the BvS WW, or sell and get JL version or have both, I haven't gotten a WW figure as of yet. I will get the Themiscyra version as it looks phenomenal and will be a one of a kind as far as versions go. I didn't get the BvS version because I felt the likeness wasn't there and it's the first outing, so I know there will be future, improved versions. I was going to get the JL version, but I didn't like the mive as much as her solo film. Also these current versions don't hit the mark as far as color, and something else I couldn't put my finger on. But after seeing the picture of her in the WW84 preview picture I will wait for that version to represent Gadot WW in my collection. I'm sure the sculpt will be even better and the colors look brighter. All shiny, red, gold, silver etc. No dull brownish red. Also her hair is like how I know WW usually is depicted in. At this point that's what seems off. I know it sounds crazy, but her hair seems flat and straight. In WW84 it looks to be darker and wavy, more volume. Also she looks to not have the sword holster, which can mean no sword and maybe shield, how I've always pictured her. She probably won't need it against Cheetah. If those 2 look good they would be a great pair to get.

I just sold my BVS wonder woman today....intending to buy this JL version. It's almost the same figure, with a strap that reflects the Wonder Woman movie and, what I think, is a better headsculpt. Seemed a no brainer to me. I only want one version of wonder woman in "the suit" and this appears to be the definitive version to date. I'll pick up the special edition that includes the Wonder Woman Cape too.

Didn't seem sensible to pay another £100 to get a sculpt and strap to upgrade BVS when I can effectively do a straight swap......which is what I've done.

As this shares a sculpt with the training armour version, I think it will look consistent to have the two figures together. Give the sword and shield from training armour wonder woman to the JL figure, bow and arrows in the hands of training armour wonder woman - that should give me a great wonder woman "movie" display.

I just sold my BVS wonder woman today....intending to buy this JL version. It's almost the same figure, with a strap that reflects the Wonder Woman movie and, what I think, is a better headsculpt. Seemed a no brainer to me. I only want one version of wonder woman in "the suit" and this appears to be the definitive version to date. I'll pick up the special edition that includes the Wonder Woman Cape too.

Didn't seem sensible to pay another £100 to get a sculpt and strap to upgrade BVS when I can effectively do a straight swap......which is what I've done.

As this shares a sculpt with the training armour version, I think it will look consistent to have the two figures together. Give the sword and shield from training armour wonder woman to the JL figure, bow and arrows in the hands of training armour wonder woman - that should give me a great wonder woman "movie" display.

I'm very tempted to do the same! Only thing holding me back is knowing if I sell this one the cloak that comes with the JL version will never be used. If I keep this version I can use that cloak on her and display all three looks, training suit, regular suit, cloaked.

That's a good plan.....though I've got to admit, I fear that cloak. With hot toys recent performance on robes staining figures, got to be concerned about a jet black robe on the wonder woman body's skin!

My plan is to keep the BvS WW with my BvS Trinity display because it’s accurate to that particular film, and then have the JL version with the cloak on to serve as a solo version paired with the TA version. With HT including the cloak in the deluxe version of this figure, I believe it was their intent to just combine the solo film and the JL together with this release (since she never wore the cloak in JL), knowing they have God killer sword and shield accessories available via the TA WW that one could just use on this figure if they want to use it as a solo version.

Like you said though, I really have a bad feeling about the cloak based on the staining issues the dark brown cloak is having with the recent RotJ Jedi Luke Skywalker release.

I may be tempted to pick up a parted out lasso from this version though, and have this lasso on BvS WW as well since it looks more accurate to how her lasso looks, even in BvS.

The cloak probably will stain to some degree but as I intend to leave it on the BvS figure permanently it won't be much of an issue for me. I suppose you could always wrap the body in something where the skin touches the cloak as some did with the purple coat Joker.

Not sure if anybody saw this shot in the video. I think they changed the HS of the JL Wonder Woman. Now the likeness seems a bit off... Or maybe just the light?

ww.jpg

I think it's just the light.

I don't know how it could be possible to get a perfect likeness on a prototype, and for the final version, get something completely off.

This image again. Man, when you will be around 1/6 for some time, then you will know one photo or clip means nothing. Bad lighting, glass, angle of taking photo ... all of that can make figure super good or super bad looking.

Bad lighting for sure..they showed the TA in the same light and it looked horrible and we know that’s not the case at all

I wonder what happened to the WW solo film version ..did they scrub the idea or it wasn’t displayed yet :dunno

Bad lighting for sure..they showed the TA in the same light and it looked horrible and we know that’s not the case at all

I wonder what happened to the WW solo film version ..did they scrub the idea or it wasn’t displayed yet :dunno

The JL figure covers both films since it has the cloak she only wore in the solo movie. Just as the QS001 had all the accessories from TDK even though officially it's from TDKR.

The JL figure covers both films since it has the cloak she only wore in the solo movie. Just as the QS001 had all the accessories from TDK even though officially it's from TDKR.

But the god killer sword and shield were difffent though, granted we get those with the TA version but still :lecture

:lol True, it's a way of getting us to buy both figures.

The fact that I didn’t see the WW version displayed this time, could mean your theory is correct. I have to back to last year’s SDCC display photos, if I’m not mistaken. I think the WW version had the displayed backdrop stand that we see come with the TA version now , so maybe they did decide to scrub the idea.

But I’m going to miss the bright blue skirt on the WW version though, but they were planning on the 1984 new sequel to be bright anyway so maybe that’s why they possibly ditched the WW version this year

It's the same sculpt as TA version. So it's ok. This panicking over every photo ... pfff.

I'm set to preorder this today......and those pictures have made me hesitate. I'm wondering whether to just stick with the training armour figure that I have on the way.. ....

Back