Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi friends, I collect Batman TAS figures and I make Stop motion shorts with original stories with them, I am starting and I only want to share my hobby, I invite you to watch my last short...I promess I will put English subtitles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP_hdoonxZg If you like it, please suscribe. thank you very much guys.

So after seeing Prime1 recycling previous statue... I hope Hot Toys won't recycle BvS Superman third time, I'll loose my SH. I hope they'll do one with a brand new head.

Considering how often HT reused the the Cap and Stark headsculpts, I doubt they’ll take the extra effort in making a brand new sculpt for what will end up being a limited release. It would be cool to be proven wrong though lol

So after seeing Prime1 recycling previous statue... I hope Hot Toys won't recycle BvS Superman third time, I'll loose my SH. I hope they'll do one with a brand new head.

Well it is common for companies to operate like that in order to keep costs lower and profits higher but there are some key differences aside from scale, material used and type of collectible. Most notably is the fact that P1 is absurdly notorious for reusing more than 75% of previously released statues? molds, changing/updating minor (or what might appear as minor) parts and label it as a new release. The one area that all companies seem to get COMPLETELY undeserved flak for doing is repaints when, especially if it is a fully sculpted statue without any fabrics, is just as important as the design.

I?d actually think that HT should use the Josstice League Supes molds, and if he does have long hair, they can just mold new hair sculpt to ?mate? onto the JL heat vision head and perhaps keep the regular head with the short hair. It?s not that they can just build more JL Supes figures and spray them black, silver and gray. They will have to source material that will stretch over the body like the previous outfit, with whatever patterns and Kryptonian glyphs etched onto it and will likely be subjected to a battery of tests.

But again, P1 are the worst with reusing molds and then passing it off as a new piece. At least when like 3 different colors of Ken from SF by PCS are released, they are all STILL Ken but like with the last set, Ken P1, Ken P2 and Violent Ken.

The length of hair on the HT sculpt isn't the issue, the hairstyle is completely wrong. He has it parted on the opposite side, like in the comics. It would need a complete update.

OSK had a Cavill sculpt with the correct hair but it's been delayed since November.

I think it depends if Cavill signs off on a new head sculpt. If he doesn't approve another head sculpt, Hot Toys may reuse the theatrical version.

I think it depends if Cavill signs off on a new head sculpt. If he doesn't approve another head sculpt, Hot Toys may reuse the theatrical version.

Depends on more than that. Cavill may not be the one in charge of his likeness rights. Not all actors sign off on each and every piece that looks like them. Someone at the studio or their agents could be the ones. Also, there is nothing specific about the "theatrical" version that makes it any more unique to that movie. It's the same as the BvS sculpt with update paint apps aka HT being lazy and just reusing their previous sculpt. A real "theatrical" headsculpt would've been a brand new sculpt from the get go which in the end, would've been fine for wither Josstice League or ZSJL. HT could've at the very least used the BvS face sculpt with just resculpted hair to match the JL look.

What's funny is Hot Toys was being lazy and cutting costs from the beginning with the JL sculpt, because the very first JL team image released showed that Superman had a different hairstyle. That was long before Snyder stepped down and WB handed it off to Whedon.

They made a conscious decision not to bother with a new sculpt, even though they could see reusing the BvS sculpt would be inaccurate.

Very unlikely they make a completely new sculpt for a repaint figure release. Best we'll get is a new hair sculpt as they did that for Leia and Luke while reusing the same heads.

From HT pov it's just not worth the cost to develop a completely new sculpt for a one off figure. If Cavill ever gets another solo movie then they'll give us a new sculpt.

7625fc81b3778a62da79db4c4236fa51.jpg

HT have done as little as possible with these figures. One a complete reissue with new stand and the other a repaint.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was scared they would do that on a previous page. Super disappointed and also it is a 2 pack so u need to buy both of them. I'm lost , want but also can't just throw away 600$+

Literally they did NOTHING- again- with Superman- this will be the 3rd iteration with the same head sculpt!!! Wow

I would have bought Superman if he was improved and had a single release. Looks like I'll keep my money.

Unless these are placeholders, I'm keeping my money. Already have knightmare and I have an extra JL supes body. I'd rather try my hand at painting it. Shame on you Hot Toys

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

They really did the bare minimum with these, but is that surprising?

Sometimes I wish Hot Toys would let the DC license go to another company, it's being wasted with them.

Back