Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys for the great info! It is so unfortunate that you can not use the clamp without risk of damaging the suit ....

1. Do these clamps also cause issues with other figures that do not have tight costumes like Yoda and Darth Maul?
2. An idea I have is to somehow use a small/strong magnet to connect to the back of him to connect to a stand with a magnet on the end. Is there a way to easily to open the back of his suit, and maybe glue a flat magnet to the back of his body without touching the suit?

Hey Hoody! So I?ve been at this and more for quite some time (I even started painting about 3 years ago now I?m up to over 250 colors!) and that blue piping material is some kind of really thin, hard plastic so the amount of heat needed to get any movement just melts the piping unfortunately.

Yeah, just go for the pin in the back mount as there is a zipper that goes from his butt to his neck. I?m unaware if you own this version or you?re considering it but the changes from BvS, from what I can observe personally, are different thigh muscles as the rest of the body seems identical. The suit colors have obviously changed and that blue piping material was changed from a soft rubberized plastic to a thin, hard plastic. Because I did a couple cape swaps on the BvS Supes, I?ll pass back the recommendation on using heat. When you figure out how you?re going to pin the back and go to zip the seam zipper back up behind the cape, be certain to keep that upper body portion of the suit nice and warm or you will rip the zipper right off.

Good luck, Thanks for the recommendation even though I should have stated in my post that ?healing heat? is the same temperature as melting heat for the new material they switched over with the blue piping.

Ah that sucks with the heat. I have the JL version, but currently moving house. Was going to be a job for me to look at once I got setup in the new place.

If only Hot Toys had done this with a threaded insert into the back of the body. All they'd need was a small round hole in the suit with a flap or stopper to look like the suit. I mean it's covered by the cape anyway.

Wouldn't be hard for them to do.

Got a chance to open it up, and WOW what a fantastic Superman figure!!!! :thud: I have the MoS version as well but this one seems much improved upon in terms of refinement. The vibrant colors are so pleasing, and the intricate suit is just too cool. I was a bit surprised to feel how thin the suit is, as one can see the underlying chrome body (which has a nice effect). I also noted the hope emblem is made of (I guess) some flexible material and is part of the suit whereas the MoS has hard plastic and fixed on the body. I also really like the muscular physique, quite fitting for an all-powerful superhero. I initially was going to replace the head sculpt with the MoS sculpt, but I'm now liking this one. The heat vision sculpt is a nice inclusion, but it seems a bit scary for Superman.

Again, I've not watched BvS or JL (but intrigued to watch the SCJL), and I'm looking at this as simply a Superman figure. As such, man I really like these suits from the films, they capture so well what a Superman suit would look like 'realistically'.

I picked up a SW snow base to sort of recreate his emergence from the fortress of solitude. Can't wait to put him up with WW and Batman!!!

Superman is SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!

sB5GFop.jpg

WEycMhL.jpg

7tf7dw7.jpg

yqij2YP.jpg

6p0QnPU.jpg

Used some SW stands to have him in the snow!!

GMXDCrD.jpg

a9VX2x5.jpg

Next to TDK Batman!!!!!!!!

ZQpkaun.jpg

And finally, my trinity!!!!!!!!! I think the TDK Batman scales well and fits in with these.

MG33juF.jpg

f0BafDy.jpg

Ap72Iua.jpg

JaI5nty.jpg

I'd like it a whole lot more if the mouth was closed, in an angry grimace. Kinda like the Sideshow Punisher sculpt.

I'm not sure if I'll ever use it, just not a fan of open mouth sculpts when HT does them.

Knightmare Bat had a perfect open mouth scream sculpt. So, they do work.. just depends on the figure. Maybe if Supes had a wider open likes bat, it would look more menacing

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

In some ways he looks more menacing to me with the heat vision without the grimace, but the rage face is still cool in it's own way.

Attachments

• heat eyes.jpg
    heat eyes.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 335
I like both options. The closed mouth heat vision look of the KO sculpt is nice and I use that for casual heat vision poses and engagements but the open mouth screaming version is also great for those scenes when he is fighting against Doomsday in BVS. I?m pretty sure they used those shots to make this sculpt.
9ad03b3f01db8a8f30fc9a62136549bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was apparently a third party bootleg of this coming out.

Does anyone know any info on that? Would love to pick one up and mod it to a black suit.

Back