Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?ve been using my watchmen 6 inch figures stands. They fit the dceu theme. Going to need to get more somehow if I want to add flash and aquaman

I bet those look cool! The basic black stands are pretty boring. I really LOVE soosootoys' Katana stand. I've currently got 24 figures on display in my office (How did my life get to this point?), and Katana is definitely standing on the best looking base.

And after all the excitement about snyder cut and Henry coming back. Variety article interview with him seems like he pretty much confirms that he isn?t Superman anymore.

I just used the black foam that came with him and put it between the waist grabber and him so hopefully his suit stays undamaged

I thought about doing that too, but the foam was just about picking at the suit when I removed it. I don't want it permanently attaching itself to the suit fabric.

Sounds exactly like my experience. My final thought was I need to find something else similar which doesn't stick to the suit as much. He's in a box now as I'm moving. However perhaps others have already found something.

I recall some pages back someone was using a different type of padding. Not sure if that stuck less ?

And after all the excitement about snyder cut and Henry coming back. Variety article interview with him seems like he pretty much confirms that he isn?t Superman anymore.
I don't know. With news coming out that Affleck signed a deal with HBO Max, I'm hopeful that FanDome has some BIG news about the DCEU. I pretty much take everything with a grain of salt these days, though, so I am by no means betting on it.

Well the extra foam I added to the stand clip STILL ended up sticking a bit to the suit. It came off though but I wouldn't use it long term. Sucks because I really like posing Superman hovering.
Instead, Supergirl now has the privilege of using the flight stand.

eNBYv1th.jpg

And after all the excitement about snyder cut and Henry coming back. Variety article interview with him seems like he pretty much confirms that he isn't Superman anymore.

I I remember correctly, he said something like "I hope I get to play superman for years to come." How is that confirming he's not Superman anymore? Unless there's a new article that came out after the Actors on Actors interview he had with Patrick Stewart.

The ramp bases look kind of cool, but they are so tall that I haven't been able to display them anywhere. I've got some basic stands that I had on hand. They work, they fit in the detolf, and I don't have to deal with any damage to Superman from the clamp.

The well-done wired capes are absolutely beautiful, but HT did an amazing job on the BvS and JL Superman capes. They both drape wonderfully, and the material has a nice, weighty feel. I think the BvS cape is a little better, but not by a lot. It's certainly not the difference between Batman's BvS and JL capes. As much as I love BvS Bats, that cape ain't great. I need to get around to replacing it.

Unreal Customs double-sided wired Batman cape is well worth it. I've read folks praising his 'movie accurate' BvS Batman cape. I actually like his 'artistic concept' drape cape as well. It's longer than is realistic. But for me it captures the scene when he's atop the crane with the sniper rifle. And it conjures a lot of stylized comic book artwork over the years with the (unrealistically) long flowing cape.

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 146
I I remember correctly, he said something like "I hope I get to play superman for years to come." How is that confirming he's not Superman anymore? Unless there's a new article that came out after the Actors on Actors interview he had with Patrick Stewart.

I do get what you mean, I think, because he is oddly non-commital when he talks about it.

However, imho no way would Henry have appeared with Zack to announce the release of ZSJL on HBO Max unless he's signed a new contract that he and Dany Garcia are satisfied with. In the multiverse he will appear here and there in cameos. But there is a lot more in store or him.

What we're hearing is that Henry has signed to appear in several DCEU films with him getting a solo film unless and until ZSJL is clearly well received, a hit with fans, etc. He will crossover, I think to the extent that I think Jenkins' WW, Wan's Aquaman, Muschietti's Flash, et al., are going to branch off in their own unique ways, i.e., each director has his/her own creative freedom in their sandbox. I would imagine, though, that they have such freedom presumably just as long as they don't directly contradict one another's stories, including Snyder's five film saga. So it will be interesting to see how WW84 handles that with respect to Diana having said in BvS that she walked away from the world of men a century ago, cynical about humankind's proclivity for self-destruction (ie., she realizes humanity doesn't really need Ares to destroy themselves). I'll bet that if at one point that was going to be changed by Jenkins, they had to reshoot some stuff once it was confirmed that Zack was coming back and we're seeing the multiverse blossom. But again, it makes sense to have directorial freedom only as long as it doesn't undermine what another director has already done. And I'll bet that the change to undo Diana's laying low for a century was to a great extent driven by Geoff Johns.

But anyway, we'll see Henry have a major role as nemesis of Black Adam, I'm sure as can be of that. I also think we will see Snyder's JL 2 and 3, assuming ZSJL is popular (first as a six chapter miniseries with cliffhanger endings, then later released in feature film format), generates a lot of positive social media chatter, and drives up subscriptions. But Henry will get his solo film because the entire Snyder saga will rock. And he'll also knock it out of the park versus the Rock's Black Adam.

When Henry appears cagey about whether he's returning I think it's about the solo film. I believe he's agreed to finish Zack's saga and the small appearances throughout the DCEU.

It may not be about whether ZSJL does well, per se. I think HBO Max has confidence it will do for them what it needs to do: which is provide a tentpole for orginal content. Rather, it may be more the case that if ZSJL does prove to be big enough hit, then they'll pay him closer to the money he's asking.

What continually amazes me is the positiveness about all the changes that AT&T etc has done. It seems pretty much everyone is excited about what's coming and the whole DC multiverse.

This DC Fandome is hopefully going to be a mega event.

With all this information coming out about Johns and Wheadon it's truly amazing that they got their way. I know it's not as simple as that, but I don't use this type of word much but "cluster_********" definitely comes to mind.

Still it seems good has prevailed and this multiverse approach means everyone can have their little part of DC, rather than the historical single lane approach. I guess streaming and technology for excellent TV effects also makes it possible.

Love Den of Nerds. This latest video is a good little explanation of how it could be. Certainly exciting times. Especially if we can get Zach's full movie arc. Damn that would be amazing !

The multiverse approach is perfect, and I hope that's the direction they continue in. Everyone can get what they want that way. I have no interest at all in the Pattinson Batman, but I'd love more Affleck Batman for the showdown with Deathstroke.

Hoping the big FanDome event doesn't disappoint.

The multiverse approach is perfect, and I hope that's the direction they continue in. Everyone can get what they want that way. I have no interest at all in the Pattinson Batman, but I'd love more Affleck Batman for the showdown with Deathstroke.

Hoping the big FanDome event doesn't disappoint.

Yep totally. I guess a conservative old school exec probably would think something like a multiverse world never work. Consumers will get confused blah blah blah.

But in the end it's also about their communication and storytelling to explain their plan. Something which Ive heard WB are historically very bad at.

In any case, I also can't wait for more Batfleck in a Snyderverse. Bring it on. Hell I'd watch it on HBO Max and watch a theatre release as well. I'm sure others would too.

I mean who's stopping them from turning the whole system in its head. Release first on HBO Max to push subscribers then release later in theatres for the big screen experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do get what you mean, I think, because he is oddly non-commital when he talks about it.

However, imho no way would Henry have appeared with Zack to announce the release of ZSJL on HBO Max unless he's signed a new contract that he and Dany Garcia are satisfied with. In the multiverse he will appear here and there in cameos. But there is a lot more in store or him.

I think you may have quoted the wrong person. I think Henry is for sure returning as Superman based on the reasons you've mentioned. We just don't know to what capacity yet but all signs, as you've said, point to smaller roles in other character's movies.

I was replying to Nine In Nails who thinks Henry may be out after reading the Variety interview :wink1:

I think Henry likes to purposefully not say really anything and play dumb so he doesn't get ppls hopes up if things don't happen and if they do, there's the sense of surprise/excitement when something officially announced. I mean during the Snyder cut movement, he famously said "I don't think there really is even a Snyder cut" when asked about it, even though now, by his appearance during the MOS live commentary, we know that he actually knew the Synder Cut was real.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Ill keep it in mind. I just dont see me taking him out of a flight pose so i want to find something easy enough to kewp him like that with no damage. Maybe clear wrap or something

Finally been invoiced for mine by KG Hobby. Just the two years and seven months after pre-order. :rotfl

Back