Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still have to unbox Wonder Woman and buy myself an AquaMan

EUF7dEih.jpg

Went in today to my comic shop to get my pre-order of Superman, and Aquaman came in as well!

102767122_3331219103770780_7383465227207541758_n.jpg

75388285_370632643910975_8982304117824161374_n.jpg

@ Jonathan719, Its just the left eye that is slightly off. Its lower than the right one. Still good work and I kinda wished Hot Toys would've given us a similar head sculpt.

Jaxon Xu Capes:
It was super easy putting on the wired cape. I followed the YouTube video tutorial where they use the hair dryer. I only used a thin flat head screwdriver to dig out the original cape clips out of the body. These capes are a MUST for me.
42gtdoBh.jpg

rrPl8SOh.jpg

Its not movie accurate but I like how the solo Aquaman figure looks with the League better than the JL one.

Does the BVS or JL Superman capes come with a wire? Is a custom cape needed?

No wire. Ummm depends on how you feel about the stock capes. Could they be better? Sure. Are they as terrible as the BvS Batman stock cape? Hell no.

Got mine last night. Great figure...
However, I'm not wild about only the "Dynamic stand" arm. Does anyone know if there's a regular attachment available that'll fit this stand anywhere?

However, I'm not wild about only the "Dynamic stand" arm. Does anyone know if there's a regular attachment available that'll fit this stand anywhere?

I?m sure you can find like a 5 piece set of these crotch grabbers on amazon or any other 1/6 site

The clip that grabs the figure will begin to stick to the suit.
I am not going to use it anymore.

The clip that grabs the figure will begin to stick to the suit.
I am not going to use it anymore.

I figured as much. The peg stand arms that come with the rest of the JL stands don't seem to fit into the Superman base. Annoying as hell. I love the ramp style base, hate that frigging dynamic arm piece that if I use, will probably damage the figure.

Does the BVS or JL Superman capes come with a wire? Is a custom cape needed?

All Snyderverse HT Superman capes are draped, no wires.

I got a wired cape for JL Superman and honestly, for my taste personally it doesn't look as good as the stock cape. The color match is fairly close. But it's a bit darker and more muted shade of red, closer to his boots than the red in the S. It's got a broad diagonal weave that's not a particularly good match to the mesh fabric of the suit, at least to my eye.

The stock cape looks absolutely gorgeous to me. I like the smooth texture of it, which hints at satiny without being satin. It has a decent bit of weight to it. The pleats are well done. The color is so vibrant wiith the blue of the suit.

I may end up selling my wired cape. It's well made in and of itself. Some will love it. But I really doubt I'll ever use it.

I just used the black foam that came with him and put it between the waist grabber and him so hopefully his suit stays undamaged

I just used the black foam that came with him and put it between the waist grabber and him so hopefully his suit stays undamaged

I thought about doing that too, but the foam was just about picking at the suit when I removed it. I don't want it permanently attaching itself to the suit fabric.

All Snyderverse HT Superman capes are draped, no wires.

I got a wired cape for JL Superman and honestly, for my taste personally it doesn't look as good as the stock cape. The color match is fairly close. But it's a bit darker and more muted shade of red, closer to his boots than the red in the S. It's got a broad diagonal weave that's not a particularly good match to the mesh fabric of the suit, at least to my eye.

The stock cape looks absolutely gorgeous to me. I like the smooth texture of it, which hints at satiny without being satin. It has a decent bit of weight to it. The pleats are well done. The color is so vibrant wiith the blue of the suit.

I may end up selling my wired cape. It's well made in and of itself. Some will love it. But I really doubt I'll ever use it.

Thanks for your input.

The ramp bases look kind of cool, but they are so tall that I haven't been able to display them anywhere. I've got some basic stands that I had on hand. They work, they fit in the detolf, and I don't have to deal with any damage to Superman from the clamp.

The well-done wired capes are absolutely beautiful, but HT did an amazing job on the BvS and JL Superman capes. They both drape wonderfully, and the material has a nice, weighty feel. I think the BvS cape is a little better, but not by a lot. It's certainly not the difference between Batman's BvS and JL capes. As much as I love BvS Bats, that cape ain't great. I need to get around to replacing it.

Back