Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure neck is barely different from actual promo shots of Cavill in the suit.

Looks to be very stiff, and the spheroid shoulders bug me too. Cavill in the suit seems a little more streamlined and sleek looking in spite of his bulk. Don't get me wrong, I can totally see why people would be happy with the figure, it just fell a little short for me. I haven't seen it in-hand, I could well be wrong. :dunno

It?s happening!!!!
The Reeve Superman you were bidding on or the recent reports about JL? Or both?

I finally had a chance to reassess JL Superman yesterday, and holy moly my head was playing some weird color tricks on me. The cape no longer appears burnt red, but it is definit not the same quality as the BvS cape. Other than that, this is a nice upgrade. The full body sparkle/metallic effect is present in real life in a way that photos really can't capture. And the muscle definition comes through in a really neat way. I really love it when the real thing puts the pictures to shame. Overall, this guy pops off the shelf. And my JL shelf is much happier for it

The Reeve Superman you were bidding on or the recent reports about JL? Or both?

I finally had a chance to reassess JL Superman yesterday, and holy moly my head was playing some weird color tricks on me. The cape no longer appears burnt red, but it is definit not the same quality as the BvS cape. Other than that, this is a nice upgrade. The full body sparkle/metallic effect is present in real life in a way that photos really can't capture. And the muscle definition comes through in a really neat way. I really love it when the real thing puts the pictures to shame. Overall, this guy pops off the shelf. And my JL shelf is much happier for it

JL. Currently also winning the auction for the reeves as well. Fingers crossed I don?t get out bid on my max.

Excellent photo juxtaposing all the Cavill Supes figures! :clap

Each one has qualities about it that make it the best of each: MoS I think has the best suit design, body proportions and sculpt, BvS I think has the best cape and the best metallic-looking shine to the suit, and JL I think has the best suit and glyph color.

If I personally had to choose just one to represent Cavill Supes, I’d still go with the MoS one as I’ve always said and still maintain. As mentioned, I like that suit design best and I think it has the sculpt that boasts the best Cavill likeness and the best hairstyle, and the color of the suit looks to essentially be an amalgamation of the BvS and JL suit; not overly dark, not overly bright. It’d look even better imo with the collar mod and the stock cape swapped out for the BvS cape. But even the stock figure I think it still looks good.

Or, the JL figure with the MoS sculpt I think would look pretty good.

That?s the look I like best from the few pictures I?ve seen of it done. I?m not a fan of the MOS body proportions, but I did love that suit, even if I feel JL colors are what it should?ve been from get go. The colors pop on the shelf and remind me of the MoS Mondo print. I just wish they?d find a way to keep these suits from sticking when they touch. Had a scare bending Supes arms from being bent to straight.

Yeah the JL suit is definitely the most aesthetically pleasing, as the colors are quite vibrant and the most Superman-esque. Would have been nice indeed to have those colors right out of the gate, but I also like how the colors of each suit sort of reflect the tone of the character in each film in his arc to ultimately become the hero everyone is familiar with.

JL. Currently also winning the auction for the reeves as well. Fingers crossed I don?t get out bid on my max.

Wait, Reeve or Reeves?

Can confirm. That MoS head on JL body looks pretty damn good. With the BvS cape I think it would be the definitive Superman. I agree with jbeltram about the proportions of MoS. Something about his lower body is a bit too, I don't know, spindly. Of course, for BvS/JL, they went the entire other direction. Those thighs thicc. I think the suit quality on MoS isn't quite what it is on the other two.

I think they embellished the muscularity on the body a bit too much for the BvS and JL figures, especially the thighs like you said. The proportions of the MoS figure just look a bit more natural to me.

But I agree the suit material for BvS and JL is a bit better than the MoS version.

I think they embellished the muscularity on the body a bit too much for the BvS and JL figures, especially the thighs like you said. The proportions of the MoS figure just look a bit more natural to me.

But I agree the suit material for BvS and JL is a bit better than the MoS version.

That's my opinion as well. I have the MoS figure and while tempted to pick up the BvS or JL versions, I didn't feel they were must-haves, especially at their prices. Plus, MoS is my favorite film in the series, by far. I did pick up one of the alternate head sculpts but ended up going back to the original.

MOS shelf 1.jpg

Nice MoS setup.

I have the MoS and BvS versions and I’m fine with those. While I like the color of the JL suit, BvS UE was my favorite film in the series, so I want to have the BvS specific Supes to go with BvS Batman and BvS WW. I got all those ones when they went up for PO, so got them at retail. And then I have MoS Supes for the reasons I said earlier, and have him with Zod and Jor-El.

If I had to go with one Cavill Supes though, it’d be MoS.

That's my opinion as well. I have the MoS figure and while tempted to pick up the BvS or JL versions, I didn't feel they were must-haves, especially at their prices. Plus, MoS is my favorite film in the series, by far. I did pick up one of the alternate head sculpts but ended up going back to the original.

View attachment 485444
ive been itching to get this figure and put the MOS head sculpt on it
The bright blue pops on this suit, looks great with the MOS sculpt(saw pics in this thread if I remember correctly)

If you remove the thunder thighs and enlarged forearm attachments from the JL and BvS bodies, he looks a lot better. Basically the MoS body with more shoulder, lat, and serratus definition. I did this for my custom MOS figure a couple years ago and felt it was the best look for Cavill in the suit.

For whatever it's worth, here are some shots of a custom head you can find floating around online for around $30. It's really not too bad at all. I was planning on repainting it based on the stock pictures, but now that I have it in hand, it's not as bad as I was expecting. I'm just happy to have a portrait with the correct hair style and better representation of Superman's temperament from Justice League.

Also, I'm sorry for the sideways format. I'm not quite sure how to get them vertical.

IMG_20200520_014441.jpgIMG_20200520_014427.jpgIMG_20200520_002333.jpgIMG_20200520_014616.jpgIMG_20200520_014735.jpgIMG_20200520_014726.jpg

For whatever it's worth, here are some shots of a custom head you can find floating around online for around $30. It's really not too bad at all. I was planning on repainting it based on the stock pictures, but now that I have it in hand, it's not as bad as I was expecting. I'm just happy to have a portrait with the correct hair style and better representation of Superman's temperament from Justice League.

Also, I'm sorry for the sideways format. I'm not quite sure how to get them vertical.

View attachment 485479

I actually think this looks better than HT's headsculpt, in a sense that it fits a lot better with the brighter costume and general vibe of Supes in the movie, like you said. Paint apps looks decent as well for $30..

Back