Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To each their own. I LOVE Man of Steel. It’s my favorite Superman movie. I know a bunch of ppl love the Reeve movies and they are great for what they are, but I have to *want* to really watch them. Man of Steel I can put on and enjoy anytime. BvS, I enjoy it for the most part but like many, dislike their take on Luthor. For JL, the only thing that I really love is the return of Superman and that is one of the few parts Snyder shot that’s still in that movie.

Anyone that tells me I'm "wrong" to love Watchmen, MoS, and BvS for the reasons I do can go **** themselves. it's film art to me. Appreciation of art boils down to subjective experience at the end of the day. There's all sorts of reasons someone can like or dislike a film. They're obviously entitled to even if just for entirely personal reasons. Anyone asserting their personal view of objective reality about a piece of art is just being an *******. And not for nothing, I defend anyone's right to like any film for any basically prosocial reason, even if the film doesn't strike a chord with me. Or puts me off. It's about respect for individual subjective experience.

Anyone that tells me I'm "wrong" to love Watchmen, MoS, and BvS for the reasons I do can go **** themselves. it's film art to me. Appreciation of art boils down to subjective experience at the end of the day. There's all sorts of reasons someone can like or dislike a film. They're obviously entitled to even if just for entirely personal reasons. Anyone asserting their personal view of objective reality about a piece of art is just being an *******. And not for nothing, I defend anyone's right to like any film for any basically prosocial reason, even if the film doesn't strike a chord with me. Or puts me off. It's about respect for individual subjective experience.
Here, here.:clap

Did I miss something overnight? Looks like the posts before mine that caused me to respond saying that I love MoS, etc are deleted :lol

yes! I also agree with you Alatar :clap :rock

Last edited:

I like what you're saying. I'm totally with you on DC movies and any other movie!:goodpost:

Preach it! 1. Those films are brilliant. 2. No one needs to tell anyone else they shouldn't like them. If you don't, fine. Different strokes for different folks. 3. Don't be a jerk to people. 4. See number 3 again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nicely stated and I love those movies also. It'a also nice to see someone else understands about the logic of subjective truth (our opinions.i.e Chocolate Ice Cream is the best ) and Objective Truth (it's true whether you agree with is or not.i.e The sun is hot.)

100% agree

Can anyone provide contact info for Unreal Customs? I am not on Facebook and I would like to purchase a custom cape for my JL Superman and Batman.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

David

Can anyone provide contact info for Unreal Customs? I am not on Facebook and I would like to purchase a custom cape for my JL Superman and Batman.

David

He's on here. just need to search for him and send a PM. Pretty sure his name here is unrealcustoms. Check on any Batman thread. Try google search and this site name, search might be better.

David

Also Instagram is a good place to message him
Just search unrealtoys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...aaaand I'm still here waiting for my Superman to arrive. Anyone ever had problems with planetactionfigures.co.uk or the delay is normal these days with shipping from China?

...aaaand I'm still here waiting for my Superman to arrive. Anyone ever had problems with planetactionfigures.co.uk or the delay is normal these days with shipping from China?

Don?t know if they still are, but China has been on lockdown. But things seem to be picking back up over there. Hopefully soon.

Spoke to a Sideshow rep about another issue I had, asked about the status of the next batch of Supes. Said they were expecting them any day, but they were delayed due to being tied up at the point of entry from all the virus issues.

My ship date is still listed as April 5. If they were pushing it back yet another month by now I would normally have received the email to that effect. So hopefully they're confident of getting the shipment in for it to go out as currently scheduled.

I don't save shipping box, so I guess when it eventually arrives I'll remove the figure's box outside and pitch the shipper. (If I saved them I guess I'd put it in my garden shed for a week.) The figure and actual box for the figure should be safe because Covid-19 dies on even plastic and stainless steel after 2-3 days. And air freight from China to U.S. is usually 8-10 days, or by sea it's 30-40 days. Plus it was sitting in the warehouse in China and at Sideshow, plus the freight from California, etc.

My ship date is still listed as April 5. If they were pushing it back yet another month by now I would normally have received the email to that effect. So hopefully they're confident of getting the shipment in for it to go out as currently scheduled.

I don't save shipping box, so I guess when it eventually arrives I'll remove the figure's box outside and pitch the shipper. (If I saved them I guess I'd put it in my garden shed for a week.) The figure and actual box for the figure should be safe because Covid-19 dies on even plastic and stainless steel after 2-3 days. And air freight from China to U.S. is usually 8-10 days, or by sea it's 30-40 days. Plus it was sitting in the warehouse in China and at Sideshow, plus the freight from California, etc.

But the virus is also here in the US...even Amazon Warehouse employees were tested positive... I cant imagine UPS not getting infected.

During this pandemic hopefully Sideshow will relax the inane "Signature Required" policy on its shipments. The last thing we need right now is their mandating that we interact with UPS delivery personnel.

Back