Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand your frustrations, for sure. My response was mainly toward the people who are going after this like it’s the worst thing in the world that a mass-produced toy has a small QC issue, and at a time when the figure is barely available, Sideshow has no replacement options yet. Lazy rehash, so on and so forth.

Is it a QC issue? Yes. Is it easily fixable? Yes. Just glue that bih down and enjoy your free twenty spot.

As far as glue, I used some Loctite super glue with the precision tip when I did my collar mod on the MOS figure. No harm done to the suit or the collar, which I’m sure is the same material.

Well when there's already a bunch of stigma surrounding this figure and the majority complaints are the same then to see a QC issue no one should be shocked to see the responses he's getting. You've been on this forum long enough to know how it goes lol but yeah you're right, some loctite brush on glue or something would probably fix it. Just silly he has to given the wait on this figure, there really shouldn't be any QC issues.

Well when there's already a bunch of stigma surrounding this figure and the majority complaints are the same then to see a QC issue no one should be shocked to see the responses he's getting. You've been on this forum long enough to know how it goes lol but yeah you're right, some loctite brush on glue or something would probably fix it. Just silly he has to given the wait on this figure, there really shouldn't be any QC issues.

QC issues like this can happen with anything. Just because the production has been delayed for who-knows-what, I seriously doubt Hot Toys has a ?b-quality? production line that somehow produces lesser-quality product.

Glue especially is prone to these issues. Not enough applied, maybe, or that in combination with shipping conditions ... who knows? But everything mass-produced has occasional QC issues. It sucks but it happens, and compounded with the wait yeah I can see that that?d be frustrating.

In the time between these posts it could be fixed and dried :lol

Guys,

Would you recommend making a return of the arm is slightly loose in the joints section ?

Thanks

Guys,

Would you recommend making a return of the arm is slightly loose in the joints section ?

Thanks
I would. Long story short: my JL Batman had a small dent in the suit near the neckline. It looked like a puncture hole that didn't quite pierce the fabric, but came close. You couldn't even see it when the cowl was on, but you could when the BW headsculpt was on. I was going to just live with it, but then I contacted Sideshow. They returned my email quickly and shipped a replacement body and suit to me within a week (and this was in the middle of the Christmas/New Year holidays). I was SO glad I didn't just live with it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think the point here is that SS don't have many at all of these figures yet. They are probably sending out every one they get due to the delays.

My Chinese seller told me mine would be here in March or April.

So expecting SS to have excess stock for swapping out quality issues right now is a bit much. Simply due to the situation with the virus.

In a couple of months, yes they will have spares no doubt. If I had a quality issue I'd tell them now and say I'd be prepared to wait for spares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeez, I won't deny that the long, torturous wait on this figure has sapped nearly all of my enthusiasm. It literally should be any day now that I get the email from Sideshow that it'll be shipping soon. But at this point I just want it over with. It's not joyful anticipation. I just want this finally resolved, lol.

I hope that when I finally have JL Supes in hand that I really like this figure. It looks like a representation of Superman that I should appreciate, based on what I'm seeing. The neck looks a bit long but I hopefully I can minimize that with the head facing forward and tilted downward. Or maybe even a modification. (I don't intend to ever use the heat vision sculpt. I'll consider shaving down the neck stump. Or increasing the depth of the cavity in the head sculpt with a Dremel.)

The effect from the under-chrome layer on the torso and brighter blue looks pretty cool to me. I hope the the material of the suit isn't thin and at risk to stick to itself. It sounds like some figures have that problem and some don't.

In ZSJL Superman will wear the black suit throughout. So this figure is basically leaping ahead to where he was supposed to end up in Snyder's JL 3. But that's cool with me.

Because we'd only get JL3 if we're very, very lucky. It would only happen if ZSJL is a big hit. And then Zack returns to film JL 2 & 3, etc.

That'll never happen you say? I'm not so sure. Because please note: we ALREADY have a multiverse design for DC Films! Even now. I offer as evidence Joker and The Batman. Battinson's world clearly has nothing to do with Batfleck's. I highly, highly doubt that they plan shoehorn Pattinson's entirely different version into the existing DCEU continuity. Battinson is AT&T/WB's opportunity to start something fresh for the franchise (and I think he was always intended to be that). Yet the other DCEU characters are moving forward. And I think their arcs will wrap up as Battinson launches with his trilogy over the next six years. We'll have two parallel universes, essentially. But anyway, if they can make money off of completion of Snyder's five film arc, honestly, why not? Continuity isn't an issue. The public isn't confused, they get it: there's two different universes, no big deal. Obviously ZSJL has to be extremely popular for that story to continue, though.

Assuming that at least ZSJL releases, it'd be cool if Hot Toys releases a black suit version of Superman. And maybe an Uxas figure. Maybe Cyborg finally gets his release? And a scarier version of Steppenwolf, if they revamp the CGI to make him more like the concept art. (If not, don't bother! ;-P)

Jeez, I won't deny that the long, torturous wait on this figure has sapped nearly all of my enthusiasm. It literally should be any day now that I get the email from Sideshow that it'll be shipping soon. But at this point I just want it over with. It's not joyful anticipation. I just want this finally resolved, lol.

Because we'd only get JL3 if we're very, very lucky. It would only happen if ZSJL is a big hit. And then Zack returns to film JL 2 & 3, etc.

That'll never happen you say? I'm not so sure. Because please note: we ALREADY have a multiverse design for DC Films! Even now. I offer as evidence Joker and The Batman. Battinson's world clearly has nothing to do with Batfleck's. I highly, highly doubt that they plan shoehorn Pattinson's entirely different version into the existing DCEU continuity. Battinson is AT&T/WB's opportunity to start something fresh for the franchise (and I think he was always intended to be that). Yet the other DCEU characters are moving forward. And I think their arcs will wrap up as Battinson launches with his trilogy over the next six years. We'll have two parallel universes, essentially. But anyway, if they can make money off of completion of Snyder's five film arc, honestly, why not? Continuity isn't an issue. The public isn't confused, they get it: there's two different universes, no big deal. Obviously ZSJL has to be extremely popular for that story to continue, though.

Assuming that at least ZSJL releases, it'd be cool if Hot Toys releases a black suit version of Superman. And maybe an Uxas figure. Maybe Cyborg finally gets his release? And a scarier version of Steppenwolf, if they revamp the CGI to make him more like the concept art. (If not, don't bother! ;-P)

Yeah I'm with you with the wait Alatar. It's pretty crappy how HT have dealt with this. But I guess we'll never know the real story with what actually happened.

The notion of JL2 and JL3 is so cool I don't even want to entertain it. It'll be hard for them to judge the popularity of ZSJL though I think. However with a bit of luck if they get good signups for HBOMax (assuming that's the way they do go) then perhaps that will be the measurement scale ??

The biggest problem however is potentially Batman. I know Affleck is on the mend and through re-hab etc. Maybe the planets will align and he'll be up for stepping back in the ring without the old execs that messed everything up the first time. Then there is Cavill. However all I think they need to do is give him his second stand alone movie and he'll be happy.

Unfortunately that's a lot of "if's and buts". Not sure if it would all fly so well with re-casts of Bats and Superman to play with Mamoa and Gadot ??

But I'd be interested to hear your take on the Affleck + Cavill situation Alatar....

Yeah I'm with you with the wait Alatar. It's pretty crappy how HT have dealt with this. But I guess we'll never know the real story with what actually happened.

The notion of JL2 and JL3 is so cool I don't even want to entertain it. It'll be hard for them to judge the popularity of ZSJL though I think. However with a bit of luck if they get good signups for HBOMax (assuming that's the way they do go) then perhaps that will be the measurement scale ??

The biggest problem however is potentially Batman. I know Affleck is on the mend and through re-hab etc. Maybe the planets will align and he'll be up for stepping back in the ring without the old execs that messed everything up the first time. Then there is Cavill. However all I think they need to do is give him his second stand alone movie and he'll be happy.

Unfortunately that's a lot of "if's and buts". Not sure if it would all fly so well with re-casts of Bats and Superman to play with Mamoa and Gadot ??

But I'd be interested to hear your take on the Affleck + Cavill situation Alatar....

If ZSJL is a hit then I think JL 2 & 3 would be in play. Not a doubt in my mind that Zack would shoot them in one go, back-to back.

My gut is that Ben would agree to do it. Obviously this could be wrong. But reportedly he loved the arc for Batman. I don't think he really wanted to leave the role it was just clear that they were driving him out. If Toby Emmerich is still in any sort of position to mess with the production, he may be like no way Jose. Anyway, I think that would be it for him as Batman except for maybe the cameo at the end of Flashpoint if that ever does get made. I don't think he'd make a solo Batman film.

Cavill, I agree with you that if he gets his solo film he'll be in. I also expect to see him return as Black Adam's opponent.

So ZSJL has to do really well however they'll be measuring that. And very possibly Zack and Ben, and basically the entire production, probably has to be completely protected from Toby Emmerich.

Despite the success ZSJL might be, the other movies won?t happen. Their biggest actor is no longer part of the story and their Superman is still in question to return or not. I think just getting the snyder cut is a huge victory in itself, but to think that studio will just continue with the original snyder vision is a stretch.

Anyways, I too feel as if my excitement for the figure has dwindled down due to delays and the incompetence of hot toys. I?m in the boat of ? just get here to be over with? attitude. I don?t own a Superman 1/6 so I don?t care if it?s a rehash and whatnot.

Unbelievable. I got an email from Sideshow expecting it to say its shipping in the next two weeks but instead it's now bumped from March 5th to April 5th.

I guess possibly Covid-19 is affecting it currently... But my experience with this figure has really weakened my interest in this hobby. Once I get this one and Asmus Crown Series Gandalf the Grey finally releases this spring I'm taking a break.

Unbelievable. I got an email from Sideshow expecting it to say its shipping in the next two weeks but instead it's now bumped from March 5th to April 5th.

I guess possibly Covid-19 is affecting it currently... But my experience with this figure has really weakened my interest in this hobby. Once I get this one and Asmus Crown Series Gandalf the Grey finally releases this spring I'm taking a break.

Mine was pushed back to April 15th. I don't give a crap what viral outbreaks are currently clogging their mail systems. Fact is, this figure should've been released over a year ago.

Interesting - maybe the outbreak is affecting delivery. I received JL Supes & Aquaman (from Aquaman movie) on the same day (Feb. 8th I think) yet some of you are still in waiting.

I guess I?ll be getting mine in whatever batch is coming since I have mine paid off( minus shipping). This is terrible.

Back