Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely what Alatar said above/below. Like I said, I don't have the figure in hand nor do I have the BvS anymore so I can't verify. My post was going off memory from over a year ago. But, it sounds familiar that a small bit of thread was there to hold it in place. Or it could just need a little force. It could be scary if you've never customized anything before and if you're truly afraid you're going to fudge up your figure, maybe you shouldn't be doing anything to it. I tend to make sure I can fix anything I plan on messing with or at least be aware I'll have to spend some money to replace it if it's beyond repair. But, I've been customizing figures since the original SS Jedi Luke and LOTR figures, so something like a stuck zipper is usually fixable one way or another. If I ever messed up a zipper, I'd just remove it completely and sew up the back, especially if I never intended to remove the suit again anyway.

Alright thanks guys,

Is there a break down pictures for what the bicep and shoulder parts actually look like inside out and separately ? Like a breakdown ?

Alright thanks guys,

Is there a break down pictures for what the bicep and shoulder parts actually look like inside out and separately ? Like a breakdown ?

Not really sure what you?re asking, but if you go back through this thread, closer to when the figure was released, there are pictures of the body without the suit on if that helps you out. I think Jaxon posted his before and after of modding the body at the lats

my Chinese supplier said March for delivery. I'm so sick of waiting..... and I've been in this game for a while. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really sure what you?re asking, but if you go back through this thread, closer to when the figure was released, there are pictures of the body without the suit on if that helps you out. I think Jaxon posted his before and after of modding the body at the lats

Thank you,

I?m just trying to figure out how the shoulder - bicep parts are connected. Because my bicep is loose a bit and I?m trying to soak in some nail polish to make it more tight.

Or, rather than all of this, I can just send it back to the reseller and get a replacement.

I called Sideshow yesterday to check on mine. He told me the first batch of them are shipping now. I'm not in the first batch looks like. But he did say they had a TON of orders on this figure and they will be shipping more soon. He also said they just got Aquaman and Endgame Thanos and they are all shipping now too.

After realizing that I waited months before POing this one, I really can't be bothered about not being in the first wave. Hopefully the next batch will be soon and mine will be in it.

Yeah I really don't understand the wait. It's not their most complicated figure, has hardly any accessories, a reused sculpt, etc. I'm not sure what the hold up has been. Clearly won't ship for most by February seeing it's almost over, but if they don't ship in March I think many people will in fact lose their minds lol

Honestly not trying to be a ******, but it?s not worth the wait.
Got mine in jan and sold on.
It a **** rehash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine came damaged in the collar area. Noticed that it was lifted up on one side which makes the Crest look uneven. Wonder if I can glue it down. Messaged sideshow to see if they could help. They said that they don't have any more for replacement, so I could have a refund or $20 gift card. Kind of pissed. Waited all this time with you guys and there had to be an issue!
8fb3db9148a40b57429d6603c55e62bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Mine came damaged in the collar area. Noticed that it was lifted up on one side which makes the Crest look uneven. Wonder if I can glue it down. Messaged sideshow to see if they could help. They said that they don't have any more for replacement, so I could have a refund or $20 gift card. Kind of pissed. Waited all this time with you guys and there had to be an issue!

Hot toys put no effort into this, not surprised at all by your qc issue (im sure there will be plenty more reported issues and complaints as more people get it). Its Just a lazy rehash that looks worse than the figure it was rehashed from

That really sucks. To wait that long to have an issue and to be told they won't replace it is just wrong. I'd personally just get a refund and use it towards a BvS version. I preordered this one because I had sold my Hot Toys a long time ago and the price of the BvS superman was too high when I could just preorder this one. That and I don't remember Hot Toys being so lazy with a line of figures before. So I had high hope for the JL Superman like I did when I preordered the BvS Batman. They made huge changes and it turned out amazing.

Last edited:
I still want the figure, so I'm hoping to fix him. Plus, a full refund will only be about $130 because I had the rest in SS rewards. So, I think I'm going to take their $20 GC. They gave me till Feb 28th to decide what I want to do. I'm hoping I can research a good way to fix him. Ugh

I still want the figure, so I'm hoping to fix him. Plus, a full refund will only be about $130 because I had the rest in SS rewards. So, I think I'm going to take their $20 GC. They gave me till Feb 28th to decide what I want to do. I'm hoping I can research a good way to fix him. Ugh

I would just find a clear glue and glue it down. A tiny splotch should do the trick. It?s pretty crummy that they are giving you a time limit when you know more are coming in March. Unless hot toys have given them just their order stock and none for replacement. Jesus, the release of this figure has been a total **** show and hot toys is the one to blame here.

Dude take the $20 gift card, spend two bucks on some glue and glue it down. Takes two seconds. Jesus.

I would just find a clear glue and glue it down. A tiny splotch should do the trick. It?s pretty crummy that they are giving you a time limit when you know more are coming in March. Unless hot toys have given them just their order stock and none for replacement. Jesus, the release of this figure has been a total **** show and hot toys is the one to blame here.
Yeah, I'm sure it's no biggie, but after seeing the issues with color change on the BvS version, I worry a bit that I may accelerate that process if this figure is susceptible to it. I have a good gorilla glue, but gotta look up what people have had the best experience with when dealing with this material.

Wow Tort. Didn't realize it would bother you so much to ask opinions or Express frustrations.

I understand your frustrations, for sure. My response was mainly toward the people who are going after this like it’s the worst thing in the world that a mass-produced toy has a small QC issue, and at a time when the figure is barely available, Sideshow has no replacement options yet. Lazy rehash, so on and so forth.

Is it a QC issue? Yes. Is it easily fixable? Yes. Just glue that bih down and enjoy your free twenty spot.

As far as glue, I used some Loctite super glue with the precision tip when I did my collar mod on the MOS figure. No harm done to the suit or the collar, which I’m sure is the same material.

Back