Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a random angry Superman head it's good but I just don't see a great likeness to Cavill.

This is my problem with many of Hot Toys figures. It looks like he's doing this

CKYilmuWUAEZ--C.jpg

But without the chin folds sculpted on. They don't pay enough attention to how headsculpts interact visually with the necks on these bodies.

(and no, that's not me)

Last edited:
This is my problem with many of Hot Toys figures. It looks like he's doing this

View attachment 475337

But without the chin folds sculpted on. They don't pay enough attention to how headsculpts interact visually with the necks on these bodies.

(and no, that's not me)
Lol just lift the head a little.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

It's difficult to have maximum head articulation & a full under jaw/chin sculpt when the neck, chest and clavicle are one sculpted piece. And when you have a character like this with expose upper chest & clavicle, the upper neck joint area is the lesser evil than an ugly exposed lower neck joint connecting to chest. I have never had a problem with it. Head sculpt connection like that have always looked fine to me on many muscular characters. But, from my time on this board, I think that has been one of A-devs longest running complaints :lol That odd pic is definitely an over exaggeration if not completely inaccurate to these figures for sure.

Last edited:
Yep. It affects my beloved Terminators you see and they've been giving Cavill the same treatment.

I think the problem is the bodies. They're sculpting heads to fit these bodies but the necks are ugly as **** - dead-straight, under-detailed barrel necks with a head awkwardly plopped on top. I know there's usually nothing you can do about the exposed joint but the silhouette of it should be pretty much unaffected by the ball-jointing and unfortunately it just never looks right with Hot Toys, as I said, it's like someone pulling their chin into their neck and the goofy looking rigidity that causes.

Doesn't matter how realistic looking the sculpts and outfits get when they can't seem to achieve a natural looking anatomy.

Last edited:
That response tells me you've missed my point. I wasn't complaining about the presence of articulation. I'm saying they could do it better than they are. NECA manages more natural looking necks and ball-jointing of heads than Hot Toys does.

Last edited:
Yeah I love this guys videos despite not understanding a word lol.

Shows the figures in great detail and that's all we want really to make up our own minds. I agree with the better lighting compared to the super bright white background Justin uses.

Pretty sure he'll get Aquaman, seems to get every DC figure and statue lol.

On a pc or laptop (via Windows) you can use translation via close caption. Using a tablet atm so I'm in the same boat, though. Never figured out how to use translation for YT via iPad.

That response tells me you've missed my point. I wasn't complaining about the presence of articulation. I'm saying they could do it better than they are. NECA manages more natural looking necks and ball-jointing of heads than Hot Toys does.

HT is inconsistent; they often drop the ball as you say, but some figures are better than others. I'm still on the fence with this figure because of the neck. It looks great to me otherwise as a Superman iteration (didn't care for the film) but I fear his posing may be too limited. I guess more reviews and in-hand pics will tell.

WOW.

I really wish I spoke French because I love this guys videos! The blogger pics always make me go eurgh, and then his video makes me go PURCHASE. Really looking forward to Aquaman if he gets him now.

Love how that chrome comes through on the suit. Must buy now!

EDIT: Also it really highlights how Justin's videos are quite poor. It's a shame they come out first and it's the first we can react to them as they're always overblown white and bright, hiding all the details and contrast. On no video or picture yet have we seen how that chrome really shines through. I also love how he shows it being handled so you can see what you get exactly. More of this please!

I'm french and believe me you're lucky to no understand him, i know him, it's a terrible pretentious *******, more passionate by himself, his ego, his channel
than the figure, he have a good quality image, because he make a blackmail to this subscribers "pay me a 2000 euros camera or i stop reviews". there's so many stories about him, he's very famous in french community and not for good reasons.

I'll get link soon as I can find it. Busy at work right now

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Wow. Where would one purchase that!

Just to note, the sculpt is by Rocco who you can contact on here, instagram and Facebook (maybe other outlets as well that I don?t know about)

BUT...

The paint job is done by Jacob Rahmier.

The sculpt alone is about $75 + the paint job which I assume is around $200ish so just take that into account. Still more affordable than the Modern Life sculpts and more accurate imo

Just to note, the sculpt is by Rocco who you can contact on here, instagram and Facebook (maybe other outlets as well that I don?t know about)

BUT...

The paint job is done by Jacob Rahmier.

The sculpt alone is about $75 + the paint job which I assume is around $200ish so just take that into account. Still more affordable than the Modern Life sculpts and more accurate imo
Thanks for the info. It's definitely something to keep in mind.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back