Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hearing that the red on his "S" is easily flaking off. Anyone have any tips or recommendations on preserving it aside from not touching that area?

I'm hearing that the red on his "S" is easily flaking off. Anyone have any tips or recommendations on preserving it aside from not touching that area?
I heard the same. Gonna have to be very careful handling it u guess [emoji853]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Got mine today. Here are some pictures
BVS on left, JL on right.
View attachment 475097

Overall I love this piece. Combine this with the Concept Wonder Woman and it gives a nice pop of color to your shelves.

Nice !! Whats the stand like ? How high does he hover ? Is the waist clamp tight which could potentially cause damage to the suit or not ? No one seems to be showing that.

I'm wanting to go for this type of pose with a custom wired cape.

Screenshot 2020-01-05 at 22.25.42.jpg

Justin says it in the video.

Like @Hoody999 I want to do the same pose with torso grabber but now concerned about damage to the suit from posing him that way.

Justin got his from that first batch of 100 figures for reviewers so I'm actually hoping that maybe HT rushed them out a bit and the paint was still very fresh or something.

I wouldn't use the waist grabber long term. I damaged the suit on my MoS figure that way. Only ever used it for short intervals with BvS Supes. Not worth risking damaging and over a long enough period of time it's gonna leave imprints.

Yeah, I never used those waist grabber clamps, there's no way they won't affect the suit. It sucks that HT doesn't include the regular crotch grabber, like they did with BvS Batman.

Here's the newest heat vision from Modern life w a side by side for those who haven't seen it. Hair is way better for sure bt....
75f256c1b02fa444a8befa2552fc4598.jpg

That looks even worse ... don?t they charge like $600 for head sculpts or something stupid like that?

The stock heat vision sculpt doesn?t look too bad to me, I don?t know why everybody seems to be up in arms regarding the accuracy. I mean, it?s not accurate to anything in Justice League, but looks pretty close to the scene on the ship in MoS.

Rocco did a Henry Cavill head. With the hair off to the side how it was in JL. (Link to his head below)

His head is superior to Modern Life?s head in my opinion. You could get an unpainted head off him for under $100 and it get it repainted by Yelim - who is one of the best painters. That total cost would be MUCH cheaper than $600.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv1eVo-HzhZ/?igshid=13bq4ht7b88ea

Rocco did a Henry Cavill head. With the hair off to the side how it was in JL. (Link to his head below)

His head is superior to Modern Life?s head in my opinion. You could get an unpainted head off him for under $100 and it get it repainted by Yelim - who is one of the best painters. That total cost would be MUCH cheaper than $600.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv1eVo-HzhZ/?igshid=13bq4ht7b88ea
Oh yea I like this sculpt. Ima give it a go 4 sure thanks bud

Another video. Not in English sadly but watching in 4K gives a great look at all the detail on the sculpts and the suit.

Another video. Not in English sadly but watching in 4K gives a great look at all the detail on the sculpts and the suit.

WOW.

I really wish I spoke French because I love this guys videos! The blogger pics always make me go eurgh, and then his video makes me go PURCHASE. Really looking forward to Aquaman if he gets him now.

Love how that chrome comes through on the suit. Must buy now!

EDIT: Also it really highlights how Justin's videos are quite poor. It's a shame they come out first and it's the first we can react to them as they're always overblown white and bright, hiding all the details and contrast. On no video or picture yet have we seen how that chrome really shines through. I also love how he shows it being handled so you can see what you get exactly. More of this please!

Basically, he loves the fig except for:

-the angry hs: light is so strong it leaks out from the ear, mouth and neckline
-the articulation of the elbow isn’t very nice aesthetically
-the hairline being on the wrong side.

La Costume....ex-cep-tionale :lol

Best thing about this review is the 4K without extreme lighting. You can see the figure in what seems to look like normal everyday lighting.

Normally I don't like to use this word, but he does really "pop" !

Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 19.27.54.jpg

WOW. [...]

It does look great in that video. As you said, the chrome effect is very striking. I think I'll pick this up.

***Edit: The one thing giving me pause is the neck. Looks pretty rigid like ANH Luke Skywalker, not sure that gives a lot of options for nuanced posing. Maybe someone who has it in-hand can chime in on that.

Last edited:
Yeah I love this guys videos despite not understanding a word lol.

Shows the figures in great detail and that's all we want really to make up our own minds. I agree with the better lighting compared to the super bright white background Justin uses.

Pretty sure he'll get Aquaman, seems to get every DC figure and statue lol.

Nice !! Whats the stand like ? How high does he hover ? Is the waist clamp tight which could potentially cause damage to the suit or not ? No one seems to be showing that.

I'm wanting to go for this type of pose with a custom wired cape.

View attachment 475154

Sorry, I didn?t use the stand it came with. It?s like the other justice league figures if you have any of them. It takes up too much room for my liking.
If you want to use the clamp for flying poses I would put something between the clamp and the suit like some cotton pads. It will damage the suit over time if you don?t put extra padding on the clamp. My BVS Superman suit has some tearing from using the flight display for too long , and since the JL suit is the same material as the BVS, I would use caution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I didn?t use the stand it came with. It?s like the other justice league figures if you have any of them. It takes up too much room for my liking.
If you want to use the clamp for flying poses I would put something between the clamp and the suit like some cotton pads. It will damage the suit over time if you don?t put extra padding on the clamp. My BVS Superman suit has some tearing from using the flight display for too long , and since the JL suit is the same material as the BVS, I would use caution.

The jl suit isn?t the same material as the bvs suit.
It?s far thinner & more fabric like than the plasticky material they used on the bvs.
It?s far more delicate too.
I got mine last wk

OK thanks. Yes I have heard of other figures with "flight" stands damaging the material around the waist or wherever they are gripped.

I was also considering minimising the pressure of the spring clamp somehow, also in conjunction with added padding between grippers and figure.

Now for the final wait until the production batch ships for this guy :gah: So close, but yet so far !!

Back