Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna need some more in hand pics straight in with natural light to really be able to tell the differences in proportions. I tried to line them up as best I could with features matching at shoulder height to see how the symbols and necks compared.
Not great but you get the gist.
70d18bca1f54c09f15e115dda8538882.plist

Actually that's encouraging to see. The chest insignia might look smaller because the blue piping border around it is close to the color of the suit, and therefore blends with it. Honestly it looks the same size as BvS. The JL neck is definitely noticeably longer, though.

I'm happy with this as long as the neck can be fixed. Hopefully it's possible to push it down further. In that image it looks ridiculous.

What we really need is proper in hand pics. I personally hate these stylised blogger pics that tell you little about the figure we are actually getting. Just show us the figure in good natural lighting please Hot Toys.

Gonna need some more in hand pics straight in with natural light to really be able to tell the differences in proportions. I tried to line them up as best I could with features matching at shoulder height to see how the symbols and necks compared.
Not great but you get the gist.
70d18bca1f54c09f15e115dda8538882.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It actually looks good -- smaller emblem and all -- in that Alex Ross-esque shot on the far right, but as others have said, we need clear in-hand photos. That neck does look like the big issue.

Lol when 214 nothing happened

In hindsight maybe an announcement about it on a holiday isn't the best time. I'd imagine that at Warnermedia they all want to be home with their families on Christmas. And ditto folks in the press and fans enjoying the holiday as well. Maybe they want to create more buzz with the announcement.

In hindsight maybe an announcement about it on a holiday isn't the best time. I'd imagine that at Warnermedia they all want to be home with their families on Christmas. And ditto folks in the press and fans enjoying the holiday as well. Maybe they want to create more buzz with the announcement.

Oorrrrrr

He can just be real with people and say no or working on it instead of doing this stupid ****.

Oorrrrrr

He can just be real with people and say no or working on it instead of doing this stupid ****.

Hahaha! You gotta point there. But he's trying to build and maintain hype. Most of the fandom digs it (including me). I just hope he isn't setting expectations so high that the movie experience itself falls short.

Hahaha! You gotta point there. But he's trying to build and maintain hype. Most of the fandom digs it (including me). I just hope he isn't setting expectations so high that the movie experience itself falls short.

Don?t get me wrong. I?m a fan of his work, and at first this was all cool, but now I?m just kinda at the ? get to the point of it? phase of this. Either announce that your cut is either coming or still being negotiated, or move on.

As always it's difficult to judge how this figure looks. No doubt we are going through the typical "blogger post" phase where people freak out. Next will be the "crappy phone in hand pics" phase, then when people actually have it in hand it all won't be so bad.

I was watching this comparison by Dean. Significant difference between the MoS and BvS shield.

Looking at the BvS shield, I could totally imagine people complaining to HT that it was too big. So the JL version could be a reaction to that making it a bit smaller ?? With a bit of luck it'll be the "goldilocks" version. :lol This will be my only Supes, so at least I won't have anything to compare it to !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln0uHod8c8E

Looks wonky as hell. Giraffe neck, tiny lowered emblem, and re-used dated sculpt. Lol they didn't even try. Wow. Well... At least the blue is nice lmao. Otherwise a complete disappointment. Lazy hot toys is the worst hot toys. They need some competition. When they care, they knock it out of the park. When they don't..

They need some competition. When they care, they knock it out of the park. When they don't..

There is a real risk that HT become complacent and lose their drive. I can totally imagine a few years ago they were keen as hell to gain and keep the #1 position. New licenses from Star Wars, DC & Marvel, they would have been very fired up.

But a couple of hundred figures later, fatigue tends to set in. That's a real danger. Just can't see any other company coming close to offer them any competition though. Which is a shame, you're right they do need real competition.

Because of this or something else? A Hot Toys delay has nothing to do with Sideshow.

Just the time it takes from release in Hong Kong to here. Had a couple of successful orders from Hong Kong so I have no reason to buy from sideshow.

Nothing against sideshow as a company. This is how old this pre order is. It was my first attempt an online pre order( usually got my figures from comic shops or ebay). So now I know.

The suit colors look good.

341c4377cd9496d7f31df1ca3e73a163.jpg

I like how this looks - the only reason I ordered this in the first place after already having the BvS Superman is: 1. The lighter blue suit looks closer to the comics 2. The Heat Vision sculpt. Little did I know the release would come a year after when they originally said :impatient:

Back