Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, this looks bad. Glad I canceled and got my NRD applied to another order awhile back. Very disappointing, I was hoping they?d have made some improvements in all this time but they managed to make it worse somehow.

Glad for everyone that?s been waiting for so long, though. Still can?t believe how long this was delayed or why.

I thought exactly the same. Need to compare to the onscreen suit.

Interestingly it seems to be screen accurate. See where the green marks relate the shield corner to the mid cape holder position.

However does seem to look on the small side aesthetically.

View attachment 473867

The shield is too long, vertically. In the proto and film still it doesn?t go that far down onto his abdomen. It?s more squat and therefore appears wider.

This is really a **** job 😕

I'm afraid to say, but I think I liked the SDCC prototype better. I've already paid for half of it with rewards, but I'm mulling over the thought of maybe cancelling him.. I have the MoS version and it's my fav hot toy. I passed on BvS, which I wish I didnt, but this is basically the same with just a bright suit and smaller Crest. Whatbis everyone thinking? Keep or not

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I'm afraid to say, but I think I liked the SDCC prototype better. I've already paid for half of it with rewards, but I'm mulling over the thought of maybe cancelling him.. I have the MoS version and it's my fav hot toy. I passed on BvS, which I wish I didnt, but this is basically the same with just a bright suit and smaller Crest. Whatbis everyone thinking? Keep or not

I mean, if you have a Superman already. Then cancel I guess. I don?t have a Superman yet and this will do just fine.

Don?t force yourself to buy something if you?re iffy about it.

I don't collect HT, but I wanted to get this one because Cavill's Superman is my all time favorite and I'm just so disappointed. That shield looks awful, it honestly ruins the entire figure for me. Can't decide if I should cancel - especially since I am not willing to pay the extra bucks for the BvS version and I was so excited about the lighter blue with the JL.

Hopefully I can pick up the heat vision head parted out. I really like it and would look great on my BVS. I prefer the darker colors. Still looks like a solid Superman for anyone who needs one and likes the brighter colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully I can pick up the heat vision head parted out. I really like it and would look great on my BVS. I prefer the darker colors. Still looks like a solid Superman for anyone who needs one and likes the brighter colors.

Yep. I don't have a Supes yet and this guy is it. The base also fits with the rest of the Justice League collection so it's all good.

I'll just try to stick out of this thread as the negativity is pretty bad.

I don't think Sideshow refunds reward points, unless they changed that policy.

Yep. I don't have a Supes yet and this guy is it. The base also fits with the rest of the Justice League collection so it's all good.

I'll just try to stick out of this thread as the negativity is pretty bad.

I?m with you man. I?m excited still. The cape Is my only real complaint.

But as far as negativity goes, I?m not a veteran in the forum, but it seems the norm to be negative as **** in this place when a figure is released.

It?s worse in reddit where people are blaming those who wanted it ? released? because it rushed hot toys to release it. They had 2 ****ing years and pushing this line to the back in favor of mcu and Star Wars. So that?s on hot toys.

Glad to already have the BvS version as I prefer the darker color and larger shield. Very curious to see what happens when the alt head is put on the BvS figure. I?m guessing they changed the skin tone just enough for it to not look right, because Hot Toys.

I actually dislike all these initial release photos for every figure. I don't need all this overly photoshopped crap. Just show me the figure standing on a table in good lighting.

That neck though ..

c0ju5g74vk641.png

It's a Christmas miracle, Charlie Brown!

I imagine Cavill had something to do with it and then the studio probably pulled to some degree, no other reason for them to be this ****e.

Nah, look at how long this actually got delayed. It's clear after the movie flopped, HT just didn't care all that much about getting this out there.

Interested in seeing how this looks in other photos, since Hot Toys usually makes some ... questionable ... choices on what photos they publish via bloggers.

Not that that will change the fact that they seriously messed up several aspects of this figure but I?m still curious.

I feel like it was a wasted opportunity to not make the base Steppenwolf since they made a heat vision head sculpt.

I'm in regardless since I sold off my MoS version and never bought the BvS one. My only complaint from these blogger photos is the neck does look a tad too long but I am sure in person I can make it look good.

Back