Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And this is the kind of sentence that is likely to rekindle a dying fire...

How can you blame ConradVeidt when Alatar is the one who won't stop bringing it up completely unprovoked?

As for Superman, there have been so many other incredible announcements recently that have really made me question if that $250 could be better spent elsewhere. (XM Studio's 1/6 Red Hood caught me completely off guard, but now I consider it a must buy). Idk, holding out for a comic book version of a character is one thing, but it's been so long since this movie's premiered, I wish HT would realize that and work on their backlog rather than rush out new announcements. If they can't meet reasonable release dates, they should reduce their product lineup. These endless delays are really frustrating.

How can you blame ConradVeidt when Alatar is the one who won't stop bringing it up completely unprovoked?

Well... "unprovoked" is debatable... I mean, I would not have responded as such had not the post I responded to been made to begin with...

But I see the post I responded to and mine ultimately as as a friendly exchange between 1/6 collectors. People don't have to agree on everything to get along and like each other. We often disagree about whether we like the HTs themselves, obviously.

I apologized for interjecting my own take on the situation earlier. That was against the rules. Tbh I had never read them! Hopefully I can be forgiven.

The most recent post was just to emphasize that regardless of one's personal opinions or beliefs the core facts aren't really in dispute. I was just noting that opinion polls in the U.S. (especially battleground states for the Senate and congressional battleground districts) will determine the outcome politically. That's all I'm saying! That is not pushing a position. It's just how things work.

It is a factual reality that Trump's started a trade war with China. I'm sincerely raising the possibility that a negative outcome for Trump given his current problems could affect that situation, i.e. political tensions in China and trade with the U.S. That could potentially affect release of HTs. The trade talks are underway now, actually.

Any debate now is not about whether one agrees or disagrees with Trump politically. I'm leaving that alone now! Rather, the question is whether his political fortunes might affect the release of HTs in any way.

Personally, I feel that the effect would only be negligible at this point for release of JL Supes. But it appears to be a quite tense situation overall in China, so who knows.

As for Superman, there have been so many other incredible announcements recently that have really made me question if that $250 could be better spent elsewhere. (XM Studio's 1/6 Red Hood caught me completely off guard, but now I consider it a must buy). Idk, holding out for a comic book version of a character is one thing, but it's been so long since this movie's premiered, I wish HT would realize that and work on their backlog rather than rush out new announcements. If they can't meet reasonable release dates, they should reduce their product lineup. These endless delays are really frustrating.

Yeah, it is very frustrating indeed. DC trinity is must-have for me. I missed out on BvS Superman and with this JL figure on the verge of finally getting released I just have to be patient and wait to see how well I like it. If I don't care for it's standard head sculpt (or can't fit the excellent third party BvS head sculpt I bought onto the figure), I can always keep looking for that great deal eventually on BvS Superman via the secondary market.

I think for some of us... many? Most?... this JL Superman is a must-have figure. So HT has us over a barrel, lol.

I need a Cavil Superman and having sold my BvS version longer ago I'll just have to wait this out. Completely understand why many would cancel and put the money towards something else though. Any hype for the figure has long since vanished. That's why I'm sceptical of HT doing a Phoenix Joker figure. By the time they released one, likely 2021, demand would have dropped significantly.

They really need to develop these figures in the months/years that movies take to get made so they can release them while there is still that excitement around.

I need a Cavil Superman and having sold my BvS version longer ago I'll just have to wait this out. Completely understand why many would cancel and put the money towards something else though. Any hype for the figure has long since vanished. That's why I'm sceptical of HT doing a Phoenix Joker figure. By the time they released one, likely 2021, demand would have dropped significantly.

They really need to develop these figures in the months/years that movies take to get made so they can release them while there is still that excitement around.

Some industry bloggers and insiders have been hinting for a while now that the Snyder cut might actually be completed and released. Speculation has been it would likely bundled in some way with a subscription to HBOMax. Of course some fans dismiss this as wishful thinking (typically those that don't care for Snyder's films to begin with, best I can see). But there may be something to this rumor. If a completed 3:34 version of the film that's all Snyder does in fact get release via streaming and eventually disk, I wonder how that would affect HT sales for the JL lineup.

Some industry bloggers and insiders have been hinting for a while now that the Snyder cut might actually be completed and released. Speculation has been it would likely bundled in some way with a subscription to HBOMax. Of course some fans dismiss this as wishful thinking (typically those that don't care for Snyder's films to begin with, best I can see). But there may be something to this rumor. If a completed 3:34 version of the film that's all Snyder does in fact get release via streaming and eventually disk, I wonder how that would affect HT sales for the JL lineup.

Probably not much...

Most people who saw JL are casual moviegoers that don’t care or have no idea who Snyder is. for those who care and know, I see four categories:

-the Snyder haters who probably passed already
-those who have the preceding figure(s) and won’t by another iteration
-the Snyder fans who have probably POed already
-those who POed, were fed up waiting, cancelled, and won’t reorder because everyone knows that universe and that Superman are dead already.

Probably not much...

Most people who saw JL are casual moviegoers that don?t care or have no idea who Snyder is. for those who care and know, I see four categories:

-the Snyder haters who probably passed already
-those who have the preceding figure(s) and won?t by another iteration
-the Snyder fans who have probably POed already
-those who POed, were fed up waiting, cancelled, and won?t reorder because everyone knows that universe and that Superman are dead already.

Not a Snyder fan, but I think Cavill made a good enough Supes. I POed because I missed out on the BvS version. I just want my DC Trinity complete, even if it?s the Snyderverse version. I don?t think there will be a movie with all these 3 characters together again in the near future. If there is, they will be different actors or it will be years before it happens.

I have the BvS Bats and JL WW. Even though I have mixed feelings about JL, Batfleck is gone, Gal is staying, and Cavill is ?. Can?t really display a different Bats and Supes with Gal WW if they aren?t together in the same movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems to me that regardless of feelings about MoS, BvS, and JL (and imo we'll have to wait for the Snyder cut to judge fairly--theater release of JL is not his film), and the approach to the characters, etc., that there is more or less a consensus that the castings of Cavill, Affleck, and Gadot worked out well. Like that shines through even if one doesn't like the films much.

But anyway, Michael Wilkinson's costumes were topflight, the cinematography of the films was superb, and shelf presence of these figures is phenomenal. Even if one doesnt care much for how Snyder handled them, one can still easily imagine these versions of the characters joined in a very satisfying universe. (Although personally I love MoS and BvS. And I'm waiting on the SC of JL. I think Snyder's five film arc would have been amazing to see played out.)

It seems to me that regardless of feelings about MoS, BvS, and JL (and imo we'll have to wait for the Snyder cut to judge fairly--theater release of JL is not his film), and the approach to the characters, etc., that there is more or less a consensus that the castings of Cavill, Affleck, and Gadot worked out well. Like that shines through even if one doesn't like the films much.

But anyway, Michael Wilkinson's costumes were topflight, the cinematography of the films was superb, and shelf presence of these figures is phenomenal. Even if one doesnt care much for how Snyder handled them, one can still easily imagine these versions of the characters joined in a very satisfying universe. (Although personally I love MoS and BvS. And I'm waiting on the SC of JL. I think Snyder's five film arc would have been amazing to see played out.)

Hum...

As for me, I have the character figures, loved the movies ( not counting JL here, as it ranks very, very low low in my list of worst films ever) but,

-love Cavill, the costume, not so much. That?s a Superhero costume, but it?s too far from the source material, or it conforms to the Superman arc (new52) when Superman felt like anything but Superman.
-Batfleck was great. Never had the chance to explore the full potential (he was a joke in JL) unfortunately.
-WW? Errr, no! Costume was good, actress a bad choice from the start.

All in all, I see all those years as missed opportunities. They axed Superman Returns, which, granted, was at best lackluster to replace it with something that was no better.

FYI, imho MOS was an awesome superhero movie, just not a Superman movie. BvS was good but too crowded to allow character development and JL, well, let?s forget it even exists.

Gonna have to disagree with your entire post there. Especially when it comes to Gal Gadot.

I thought she was going to tank it when she was announced for the role. I ate my words for BvS and she was fantastic in her solo movie.

So you loved JL and hated Mos and BvS ??

Just the stuff he said before his opinions about the movies themselves. Which he is entitled to.

I like and love all the dc movies minus suicide squad.

JL is not the movie we wanted, but there were cool parts there and when the team is together it?s a lot of fun. I just don?t marathon it with the other 2 since the difference is jarring.

When I watch a movie I like it based on how it made me feel. Even some of the **** in justice league made me smile more than made me cringe. I will never apologize for liking that movie.

Another question would be, would I replace it with a snyder cut? In a heartbeat.

Just the stuff he said before his opinions about the movies themselves. Which he is entitled to.

I like and love all the dc movies minus suicide squad.

JL is not the movie we wanted, but there were cool parts there and when the team is together it?s a lot of fun. I just don?t marathon it with the other 2 since the difference is jarring.

When I watch a movie I like it based on how it made me feel. Even some of the **** in justice league made me smile more than made me cringe. I will never apologize for liking that movie.

Another question would be, would I replace it with a snyder cut? In a heartbeat.

OK fair enough. It's interesting though. Maybe I'm in the wrong forums, but I have yet to hear of anyone saying how bad MoS and BVS were. At most it was simply Superman shouldn't kill. But that's not something which makes the entire movie terrible.

So who are the people who convinced Warner Bros to pull the pin on Snyder and change the direction leading to JL ?

Sure i understand it was the box-office, so was it simply a successful attempt by Snyder haters at changing public opinion to not go see it by influencing polls etc ?

It's just perplexing to me that people could find MoS and BvS soooo bad.

It's almost as if those that were anti BvS at the time, and have now seen how Justice League turned out, may have changed their mind and now would have preferred to see the full 5 Snyder movies, rather than be where we are now. Dunno ??

edit : not saying at all that's you NIN. Just thinking out loud generally. And yes SS was a train wreck. I have faith in Gunn though.

Suicide Squad is fun with some good action, my personal DC guilty pleasure. Not a perfect movie, but also not as bad as some people wanted it to be.

Even in the form that SS is in, I would have liked it a lot more if only it had included a scene at the end in which Amanda Waller reveals that the true mission was... and this is completely counterintuitive... to actually get the team to bond so that Diablo would go into full blown god mode, as we saw. Sort of like the reveal at the end of The Sixth Sense, or in that vein.

I.e., sending this team of criminals up against a duo of gods was not the actual mission. Because with only one true metahuman on the team up to that task (who refused to use his powers) they never stood a chance--in that sense it was indeed a suicide mission. The real gambit was that they would bond enough that Diablo would adopt them as his new family and take the opportunity to redeem himself.

It's just perplexing to me that people could find MoS and BvS soooo bad.

If nothing else, there has been a clear pro-MCU/anti-DCEU bias among critics. How is anyone going to say The Incredible Hulk or Captain Marvel is a better film that Man of Steel. Give me a break.

forrest-gump-lookalike.jpg

HT must be making a killing with those Iron Man figures, otherwise I really can't understand it. I mean, I don't think the tooling for all those different suits is cheap...

Back