Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like an accurate portrayal of how the real world will react if someone like Superman were to appear today. Skepticism, suspicions, apprehension, unwelcoming attitude, hostility, fear. If you were treated as such, you will be depressed too.

Well, after all of the news with DCEU being basically ripped apart and the odds of seeing Batman, Superman and
Wonder Woman together on the big screen again are slim to none, I may pick up this Superman, the SS Batman
and Wonder Woman, just to have a movie Trinity set.

Oh, DC… how hard you have fallen *sigh*

Well, after all of the news with DCEU being basically ripped apart and the odds of seeing Batman, Superman and
Wonder Woman together on the big screen again are slim to none, I may pick up this Superman, the SS Batman
and Wonder Woman, just to have a movie Trinity set.

Oh, DC… how hard you have fallen *sigh*

Yeah, those movie execs have no idea what they are doing with the overall vision. Give me half their salary and I'm sure I could do a better job at mapping out a plan. I mean for Gods sake ! There is Marvel there for the proof of how to do it. I'm not saying they need to copy the style, comedy etc. Just the bigger plan of how to serialise movies into one over arching story. They have the same comic book history to mine and use. How hard can it be ?

The ineptitude us so frustrating !! And now the best castings we've seen, perfect for multiple movies are walking. Where's that facepalm emoji....:slap

I still think they can do elseworlds DC stories with different actors playing the major roles and I would definitely watch those: Red sun, TDKR, kingdom come, etc. If they want dark and realistic takes on these characters they should do it that way.

But for a series of films, tongue in cheek humor mixed with drama, while staying pretty close to overall design of the costumes is probably better.

since people are discussing the "Cavill is out" Variety report- which may or may not be true since it has not been confirmed by either cavill or his manager (whose post implied he still was with the "Suit in closet" post) or WB. If he is truly out and they are going to reboot/re-cast both superman and batman, why the **** are the keeping Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, & Jason Mamoa around. It makes no sense... you cant get rid of two of the players and keep around the rest of them. People honestly believe WB would recast superman and insert him into this already established history with the same Wonder Woman (who by the way is also tied to BVS no matter how good her solo film was), Aquaman, Flash & Cyborg. How the **** do they explain this in the films, or will they just sideline superman indefinitely.. How do they explain how wonder woman recognizes this new supes, or lois for that matter, how are they going to explain away the old one. If they want to wipe out BVS and Man of Steel from Continuity just changing the actor will accomplish nothing, especially when you are keeping everyone else and the same world continuity around him. They can cast whoever they want as supes but they cant wipe away the history created from the past 2 films, he will carry the same synder backstory baggage with him, he will only look different. Batman was the easy one to replace, he dies and his son assumes the mantle, it can easily be past off.. But superman, uh no..

The other negative to this is the pressure it puts on Gal Gadot, Jason Mamoa, and Ezra Miller... One more bad movie and they are going to be fired, even if the poor performance is due to the direction, not the acting. If Cavill is truely fired, actors should definitely reconsider working for WB DC/

You answered your own question here, but. Everything DCEU makes no sense, so why would this situation be any different?

Cavill and Affleck are DONE.

we need a marvel hostile takeover... Henry Cavill as superman was the only thing they got right. Them ****ing up justice league and his face was not his fault

since people are discussing the "Cavill is out" Variety report- which may or may not be true since it has not been confirmed by either cavill or his manager (whose post implied he still was with the "Suit in closet" post) or WB. If he is truly out and they are going to reboot/re-cast both superman and batman, why the **** are the keeping Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, & Jason Mamoa around. It makes no sense... you cant get rid of two of the players and keep around the rest of them. People honestly believe WB would recast superman and insert him into this already established history with the same Wonder Woman (who by the way is also tied to BVS no matter how good her solo film was), Aquaman, Flash & Cyborg. How the **** do they explain this in the films, or will they just sideline superman indefinitely.. How do they explain how wonder woman recognizes this new supes, or lois for that matter, how are they going to explain away the old one. If they want to wipe out BVS and Man of Steel from Continuity just changing the actor will accomplish nothing, especially when you are keeping everyone else and the same world continuity around him. They can cast whoever they want as supes but they cant wipe away the history created from the past 2 films, he will carry the same synder backstory baggage with him, he will only look different. Batman was the easy one to replace, he dies and his son assumes the mantle, it can easily be past off.. But superman, uh no..

The other negative to this is the pressure it puts on Gal Gadot, Jason Mamoa, and Ezra Miller... One more bad movie and they are going to be fired, even if the poor performance is due to the direction, not the acting. If Cavill is truely fired, actors should definitely reconsider working for WB DC/

No way they are going to recast WW anytime soon given Gal's popularity. She is the only thing working in the DCEU right now. Aquaman and Mamoa's future will depend on how his solo movie does in a few months time.

I've never seen the issue with recasting, they really don't have to explain anything. Movies and TV series have recast roles part way through a series/franchise many times..might be jarring at first but you soon get used to it. The most important thing is getting the stories and direction right.

I hope both Cavill and Affleck remain in their respective roles but if they leave for whatever reason it's not the end of the world. I'm far more concerned that Superman will just gets sidelined in favour of Supergirl.

And no to the Marvel takeover :lol Don't want them or Disney anyway near DC characters.

Personally I think Cavill & team are pushing on WB to get their **** together and decide what is happening with him. They are all actors who don't have time to sit around awaiting for WB to work out what they are doing next.

Sure it maybe it's also them simply using leverage as the exiting Superman for more money and/or pressure to make a MoS 2 film.

But if WB had their **** together and there was a decent plan, then people would know what was happening going forward and the main actors would stick around.....

like Robert Downey Junior,
like Scarlett Johansson
like Chris Hemsworth
like Chris Evans
like Mark Ruffalo

I'm sure Cavill wants to stay (also Affleck) but who wants to work for a company where.........I'm feeling like a broken record.....

You dont really have to explain it though, you just need to do it and find the right person.
Mark Ruffalo's Hulk is the same Hulk as Edward Norton.
Edward Norton had some issues with Marvel though, and backed off from doing promotions, and rumor was also asking for too much money to do Avengers, so they replaced him with Ruffalo.
Same with Avenger's War Machine. Originally was played by Terrence Howard.

There's no need to explain to your movie that the actor is different.
The only issue is, if you're gonna replace that actor, they better find the right person.

I personally still to this day would have preferred Norton and Howard, but I can live with the recasting.

The Justice League needs to be put on hold while coming up with a good script (if that's even possible; see WB's struggles with Superman since Donner), see what Jenkins does with WW84 and if that turns out to be good hand the reigns to her.

I''m not bothered about Cavill as i wasn't a fan of his Superman (not his fault) much anyway. WB gave him plenty of good angry Supes moments but they never balanced it out. When they tried it felt forced. JL messed everything up.

I also expect Affleck to be done which is a shame and honestly i don't care about the others.

Basically Jenkins and Gadot are keeping this phase alive at this point.

Last edited:
Oh I legit believe affleck was stoked to be Batman. His enthusiasm swindled as soon as BvS came out and even more with justice league. Hell, I’m sure he was phoning it in for the JL press stuff. Maybe his interest peaked with Matt reeves coming on board. But all he behind the scenes **** with JL and the personal issues that he going through, I’m sure he checked out.

Yeah, those movie execs have no idea what they are doing with the overall vision. Give me half their salary and I'm sure I could do a better job at mapping out a plan. I mean for Gods sake ! There is Marvel there for the proof of how to do it. I'm not saying they need to copy the style, comedy etc. Just the bigger plan of how to serialise movies into one over arching story. They have the same comic book history to mine and use. How hard can it be ?

The ineptitude us so frustrating !! And now the best castings we've seen, perfect for multiple movies are walking. Where's that facepalm emoji....:slap

I don't think there was anything wrong with their approach of using BVS and JL as the big jumping off point for a larger DC universe (since you don't really need much setup for characters like Batman, Flash, and Aquaman).

The problem was just with Snyder's execution which turned off a lot of people, and then the way they completely overreacted to that by reworking JL to death.

I don't think there was anything wrong with their approach of using BVS and JL as the big jumping off point for a larger DC universe (since you don't really need much setup for characters like Batman, Flash, and Aquaman).

The problem was just with Snyder's execution which turned off a lot of people, and then the way they completely overreacted to that by reworking JL to death.
Yeah Snyder has a habit of applying music video direction to film. Thats what he did with watchmen and sucker punch as well.

:goodpost::exactly:

Back