Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New pics from Tokyo Comic Con.

Still looking fine, fine, fine to me.

0069e8d0cc979a8a6b877867d47b19e2.jpg

0a2257d7723abf712500dfbbe88cfa54.jpg

Has been updated ? The color of his suit looks much darker this time or maybe it is because of lighting.

I'll get him no matter what but I still really want an heat vision headsculpt. What's taking so long for the preorder too? The way things are going with the dceu this might be the last Cavill Superman so might as well get him out.

Has been updated ? The color of his suit looks much darker this time or maybe it is because of lighting.

I think it's just the lighting. All these picks from Tokyo Con have lighting from below and is making figures look different.

I think with lighting from above / front he'll have that lighter look.

why updating sculpt took so long? lots of companies use BvS hairstyle for JL superman. :\ like Prime 1 and others. I know they did same for BvS when it had a MOS head. but not so long like this one. I also think blue is darker. no lighting could make it so dark. previous one was bright as hell.

Looking good. This'll be my Supes, I guess.

And then I can take a break from DC Hot Toys for the next 6 years or so! :lol
Unless they finally do a Returns Catwoman, I suppose.

I hope it's not as dark as it looks in that last photo. Much prefered the lighter blue and they still haven't added the highlighted musle parts the JL suit had. Right now it's just the BvS suit repainted with an improved S.

Looking forward to seeing the full prototype with a new sculpt. Hopefully he can hold his arms closer to his sides to.

Is this the JL figure or a BvS 2.0 version?

Exactly what I thought. If that was the final product, and I don't think for a second it will be, there is no way I would buy it. Almost identical to the BvS figure. Maybe they forgot to repaint the suit on this one before displaying it. :lol

Shouldn’t the suit have printed on muscle definition like the suit in the movie? If that’s the final product not worth the upgrade from bvs. I mean don’t get me wrong it’s cool if you don’t have superman to get this.

The suit looks darker than the initial prototype pictures shown at SDCC, but I do think that shade of blue is about the right color from the film. The BvS suit was only slightly darker than the JL suit, it wasn't that vast of a difference. However, the ab plating looked a bit different and I do think the S glyph on the JL suit seemed a little wider than BvS, which this does seem to reflect.

The ab section though on this figure doesn't really accurately reflect how it looked in JL and is more reflective of BvS, and with the color only being very slightly lighter and them using the BvS sculpt as a likely placeholder, it looks closer to BvS than JL as is in these images.

They obviously need a newly fabricated sculpt and need to make some tweaks to the ab section of the suit to make it look 100% JL.

One thing I noticed also is the figure in these pictures seems to have a cape of a different material than what was shown at SDCC. The material of the cape there had more of a discernible diagonal line pattern in it, which better reflected the actual material of the cape in both BvS and JL, while the cape on the figure in these recent pictures seems to look like the material used for the BvS figure's cape.

I hope it gets a slight upgrade... I still want the League displayed.

Same here. As long as it at least boasts a new sculpt (which I'm sure it probably will) accurate to JL, that'll be enough for me.

sigh... I'll admit that I'm interested in a Snyder Director's cut too, but not because I thought Batman v Superman was anywhere close to being one of the best superhero movies of all time. Mostly I think Justice League felt incongruent with what came before it, like the other movies didn't matter. Even though I thought there were huge problems with BvS and Man of Steel, I was hoping that the few good things about them could lead to a pay off in Justice League. It didn't. The timing of the tone shift trying to lighten things up didn't make sense, and the backing away from moving toward an epic encounter with Darksied is disappointing. They probably thought the problem with BvS was "tone" when the problem was the ridiculous story hinging on ridiculous character motivations (Martha!!!! Why did you say that name????). I can not understand why anyone can brag about the merits of "BVS on a literary level". The nonsensical reason for Superman and Batman to fight only looked vaguely intelligent when you compare it to the absurd reason they stopped fighting and became besties. Zack Snynder is an amazing visual director. Looking at the images he puts to the screen is like flipping through a comic and falling in love with the best comic art ever.... just don't read the story. It's not that it didn't have some good moments, the BvS director's cut helped but hardly fixed the primary problems at the core of a really ill conceived and convoluted plot. Joss Whedon's version of Justice League however "corrected" this by giving us an over simplistic ABC story with no real gravitas or weight to it. When you try an turn what should be a climax of a series into a pivot of course the audience will be underwhelmed. So, despite my issues with Snyder, I would love to have seen what I am sure would have been and actual climax to the over all story he has told so far. Love or hate what Snyder has done in the DCEU, getting a complete and congruent series is better than getting a directionless mess where the studio isn't sure what they should do. Ultimately I think the issue with DC movies rests with Warner Brothers. Both Zack Snyder and Joss Whedon are capable directors with strengths and weaknesses and it really is up to the studios to know what they want, understand what they are getting with the director they chose, and know how and when it is appropriate to step in when they need to and how and when to get out of the way when they need to. Warner Brothers has no clue what they are doing, and they are just reacting to what they think the audience wants rather than have a real vision for how they want the DC movies to play out.

As for Wonder Woman, I will agree that the last "boss fight" was a bit weak, but the story itself, the character's journey was fantastic. Anyone who has read Joseph Campbell will see all the classic markers of a "heroes journey" in literature and mythology. Wonder Woman is one of my all time favorite Superhero movies because it hits all the beats in the same way the classic Christopher Reeve Superman film did back in the day. Wonder Woman told a great story because it understood that "heroes" in literature, like those of Greek myths (how appropriate for Wonder Woman in particular) parallel the story of our universal human condition and experience. I think that's why the movie was so well received.

As for the idea that movies without an R rating are "watering down" the stories and characters of comics I will never understand this false equivalency with violence and something being "good" or "deep" or "literary". I'm fine with a rated R superhero movie when the story justifies it. But just making something "rated R" doesn't automatically mean its good either. Logan was fantastic and it was violent, but had a great story and provided commentary on the problem with violence (through wonderfully borrowed themes from the movie Shane). Yes, Wolverine fanboys have been screaming for more blood in Wolverine movies for a long time, and I am sure just the visuals even without the good story would please many of these immature fans if that's what we got, but we actually got a great story too which justified the violence by telling a meaningful story about having to live in a tragic violent world.

I agree with everything you said, Jaymas. :clap

I wonder what's taking so long for this to go up for pre-order.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Back