Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be veracious, I'm a little hazy on what the DCEU has planned beyond JL. It doesn't seem like anything is set in stone.

To be veracious, I'm a little hazy on what the DCEU has planned beyond JL. It doesn't seem like anything is set in stone.

Um..Aquaman is literally almost done filming and Shazam has been in pre production for a few weeks

This movie has a weakest promotion ever. we even don't have proper movie posters or stills :| what's wrong with WB

Seriously, I hate this campaign so much.

I'm a designer and photographer, and I think the whole logo/tagline looks like a mess. The main promo with the top down lighting looks completely amateur; the shadows it creates is not something you use past year 2 of photography, let alone one of the biggest franchise of the year.

BvS was so successful with the marketing; I even bought multiple copies of the bluray for the cover art. Very disappointed in JL. Hopefully it's just marketing, since they're separate agencies anyways.

What bugs me the most is the exclusion of Superman in most of their promotions because it's supposed to be some big secret that he returns. It's already bad enough they're claiming these 5 are the Justice League with Green Lantern not even in the film.

Personally I think the marketing has been fine. All the trailers have been good and they've shown just enough without giving too much away. No repeat of the doomsday fiasco thankfully.

We only get to see Supes return for the first time once, let that be in the movie not before.

Seriously, I hate this campaign so much.

I'm a designer and photographer, and I think the whole logo/tagline looks like a mess. The main promo with the top down lighting looks completely amateur; the shadows it creates is not something you use past year 2 of photography, let alone one of the biggest franchise of the year.

BvS was so successful with the marketing; I even bought multiple copies of the bluray for the cover art. Very disappointed in JL. Hopefully it's just marketing, since they're separate agencies anyways.

Are you subtly bragging that because you're a designer and photographer you could do better? :rotfl

The main promo is superb, gorgeous colours and great blacks and shadows. It's recreating Alex Ross's covers of the comics really well. I'm not a big fan of the font design, but it brings a sort of light comic tone to it I guess. Alternatively I didn't think much of the BvS posters with their newspaper type grafitti.

GaryPool

They did not give any credit to Alex Ross, he posted this on his insta. its direct copy of his work. disappointed.

They didn't give any credit to the studio who literally made the Batman costume in BvS so this does not surprise me.

That said the pics are clearly inspired by Alex Ross art. If it was something he drew I'd say it's a direct copy.

Personally I think the marketing has been fine. All the trailers have been good and they've shown just enough without giving too much away. No repeat of the doomsday fiasco thankfully.

We only get to see Supes return for the first time once, let that be in the movie not before.

Agreed.

It seems that HT has updated the JL superman's suit a little.
His chest emblem looks slightly wider and also comes with a better paint job. The jl cape looks nicer than the bvs one as well.

37640094994_441f7d3642_o.jpg

Below is my repainted version for comparison.

38356758081_b65c9c7fd4_h.jpg

Anyway when they are going to reveal new headsculpt ? most of the members are already up for preorder

That's what I'm wondering to. Surely they wouldn't try and sell this with the old sculpt?

Really loving the new suit though, gorgeous colour. Great contrast with Batman now, always felt it was a shade to dark before. Hopefully this is how it appears in the movie to.

It seems that HT has updated the JL superman's suit a little.
His chest emblem looks slightly wider and also comes with a better paint job. The jl cape looks nicer than the bvs one as well.

37640094994_441f7d3642_o.jpg

Below the my repainted version for comparison.

38356758081_b65c9c7fd4_h.jpg

Where is that new image from

They better have a new sculpt. His hair is different in the film.

Im with you. I'm sure they will though. Probably waiting till the movie comes out next week. For our sake I hope they finally added a heat vision head sculpt. Fingers crossed.

Back